PDA

View Full Version : Other Stuff Your Working On

hammerhead
08-14-2022, 05:01 PM
Post whatever your working on not Mustang related —

The High Commander said she wanted a coffee table and in had to be this —I made some simple legs with 3” tubing I have, and here it is

xeninworx
08-14-2022, 10:22 PM
Looks heavy.

hammerhead
08-15-2022, 07:43 AM
Looks heavy.

it is lol

redo75
08-15-2022, 08:25 AM
Looks on the straight and level for me.

Laffs
08-15-2022, 08:29 AM
Recently added a lean to off the back of my garage. Plan was get everything lawn and garden out of the garage Was dead space back there anyway so dug out an 8' x 12' area and poured a pad. Framed it up with a 2% pitch flat roof (because I work in Flat Roofing) and all the interior walls are clad in pegboard for organization. Door I built out of a bunch of cull lumber from the big box guys, also added motion lights in and out, plus power outlets for charging lawn tools. Biggest PITA was finding matching D5 siding so it would blend with the existing garage siding. Also used the opportunity and laid down a patio paver walkway from left over pavers I saved that had come off of older roofs.

Overall was worth it garage feels twice the size without all the lawn and garden shit in it and it was only a couple grand a few weekends of work and several beers.

Laffs
08-15-2022, 08:33 AM
More pics

RedSN
08-15-2022, 09:48 AM
Recently added a lean to off the back of my garage. Plan was get everything lawn and garden out of the garage Was dead space back there anyway so dug out an 8' x 12' area and poured a pad. Framed it up with a 2% pitch flat roof
A "lean-to" with a "flat roof" is kind of an oxymoron, no?

Looks great! What happened to the A/C unit?

Laffs
08-15-2022, 09:56 AM
A "lean-to" with a "flat roof" is kind of an oxymoron, no?

Looks great! What happened to the A/C unit?

IDK most lean - to I've seen had a pitch of just enough to allow shingles, in this case the one side of the roof is still supported by the existing structure its just a super low slope.

AC relocated to side garage wall against the fence, that was more annoying than the entire build.

RedSN
08-15-2022, 10:35 AM
super jealous of the A/C, BTW.
That's on my list of "eventual" garage mods.

Laffs
08-15-2022, 03:36 PM
super jealous of the A/C, BTW.
That's on my list of "eventual" garage mods.

It's life changing. AC was free from a buddy who was moving out of his apartment. Some 2x4s, flashing tape and some J channel and I can make my entire garage a freezer if I want to. Keep in mind I had walls and ceiling insulated prior, door is a 3 year old insulated unit and I put a new window in when I did it to keep as much of that air conditioned as possible.