PDA

View Full Version : Patio sliding doors

92redragtop
08-14-2023, 01:27 PM
Thinking about replacing our sliding patio doors - not sure the basement walk-out doors are sealing/insulating that well anymore. Anyone did this recently? Just started looking at manufacturers and need to look for a seller/installer in GTA still.

Any special considerations for these? Any sellers/installers worth recommending?

Thanks!

5.4MarkVIII
08-14-2023, 04:24 PM
We went with an in swing French door. Instead of a sliding patio. Mostly because my dad swears they seal better than a a slider.

That’s about all I know lol. Other than I can never get over how much a bit of glass some extruded vinyl and a couple sheets of metal or fibreglass costs. It blows me away what some doors cost to purchase.

Uncle Buck
08-14-2023, 05:07 PM
I installed a 72” sliding door in my kitchen to replace a window a few years ago. The install was pretty easy but needed extra hands due to the weight.

I just went with an in stock item from Lowe’s when they had a sale. I think it’s a Jeld-Wen. Seems fine 4 years later. I don’t feel any drafts or air leakage in the winter so all good I guess.

Snaketamer
08-14-2023, 06:14 PM
Extremely happy with our sliding doors.... 2Plus2

http://standarddoors.com/products-high-quality-doors/patio-doors/the-original-2Plus2-aluminum