PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive 2024 Tesla Cybertruck Full Review & Drag Race

Old Fart
12-01-2023, 12:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WDq0V5oBg

FABMAN
12-02-2023, 01:05 AM
Just watched this and I must say that despite its awful looks, the machine is impressive. Competition should push the other American players to up their game.

LX89
12-02-2023, 01:33 AM
That thing is fugly.
Over two million people on the waiting list.

bluetoy
12-02-2023, 09:10 AM
They didn't check any feature of that thing that makes it a pickup truck. I can tell you by the amount of space the gokart takes up in the box that it'a pretty tiny for a full size truck. No possibility of access over the side of the box. All they did was show that its a hideously ugly thing that performs in a straight line like every other electric car. There's a reason pickups haven't changed in 100 years. Tesla is selling that thing because its a gimmick.

RedSN
12-02-2023, 09:17 AM
The pickup crowd doesn’t even like the idea of a 1/2 size pickup, let alone something that completely breaks the mold.

I think it set out to do exactly what it did. It is “different”.

ZR
12-02-2023, 09:58 AM
They didn't check any feature of that thing that makes it a pickup truck. I can tell you by the amount of space the gokart takes up in the box that it'a pretty tiny for a full size truck. No possibility of access over the side of the box. All they did was show that its a hideously ugly thing that performs in a straight line like every other electric car. There's a reason pickups haven't changed in 100 years. Tesla is selling that thing because its a gimmick.

Exactly that.
If some stiff built it in his garage we would have called him out for wasting so much time n resource.

Stephen06GT
12-02-2023, 03:55 PM
The technology is impressive, the vehicle itself is fugly. Also I don’t want a vehicle that can be shut down on a whim if Elon has a hissy fit.

bluetoy
12-02-2023, 04:26 PM
Could never use it to tow a 5th wheel or gooseneck either.

Zee
12-08-2023, 10:51 AM

It wasnt about pleasing the truck guys on the first try.
It was more of an experiment and a showcase of what can be done.
There's no denying that the performance of the cyber truck is impressive. The bed size is about a foot off on lenght and width so its not too bad of a first try at a truck.
Considering this vehicle is a first attempt at a truck - it is pretty impressive considering you can offroad (really good clearance) and it can tow 11000 pounds with it.

However, i'm still not sold on EV's lol :spitcoffee:

Old Fart
02-02-2024, 11:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNE-NyaYBcg