PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector/Rail Issue - SC'd 2V

Laffs
09-02-2014, 12:19 AM
So ongoing issue with the car. Stock fuel rails, 38lbs injectors, stock frps and lines, Aeromotive pump.

At first the car was blowing oring badly on the driverside bank. Usually #2 or #3 would blow. Replaced all the O-rings with new, lubed, re-installed, #2 injector had pushed off the rail so the the port was barely covering the top of the injector, could see the oring.

Re-seated the injectors, fastened rails down again, drove it another 10kms, no WOT, it appears the entire driver side bank fuel rail looks like its going to pop off the injectors.

Mildly baffled, rails are tighened down, lubed with oil on all the rings before fitting. I put all the injectors into the rail first, then push into the manifold, seems to stay fine in manifold.

Thoughts?

ZR
09-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Not using an oddball length injector are you?

WHRDUGO
09-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Did the rail get bent when you had it off? The only other thing would be that what Rick says with the wrong sized injector. Never knew there was 38 '. Just 39 and 42 's for the mustangs

Laffs
09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Length....Ummmmm not too sure actually, its what came with the Vortech kit. I'll pop one out and compare it to the stock ones.

Dan I don't think the rails ever been bent, never been off the car and sitting or anything.

WHRDUGO
09-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Does that replacement intake have the bolt holes proper for the rails. I see Anderson sell those 38 injectors

Laffs
09-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Its a genuine Ford Racing intake, OEM PI 2V piece. I did not the rail bolts sit up a bit higher, maybe the older dorman piece had them lower and I bent the mount tabs when I used it...