PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Questions

99chromegt
12-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I have checked out several good Ford Racing & parts supplier resources and still not 100% on which injector size I require. When spraying nitrous is the setup still consider naturally aspirated? So for example N/A 400 crank HP and with a 200 shot 550-600 crank hp. When deciding which injector to use there usually is a FI & N/A rating. I'm assuming the max 85% N/A rating is the one to use?? Here is a link to a very good Ford Racing Air/Fuel tech guide
https://www.fordracingparts.com/download/tipsPDF/EFI_TechTips.pdf
According to what I read 47lbs injectors should do the trick as long as using nitrous is still consider N/A. I have also heard going with an oversized injector can be overkill dumping extra fuel into the motor and tuning can only compensate for a percentage. Any thoughts?

Scott
12-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Would be great if you only needed to buy injectors once to cover you now and also when you go turbo if that is still your plan. I am speaking with experience here as I went from FRPP 39LB to 60LB and finally ended up with the ID1000's. I would speak to your tuner for his recommendation.

TheMustangShow
12-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Would be great if you only needed to buy injectors once to cover you now and also when you go turbo if that is still your plan. I am speaking with experience here as I went from FRPP 39LB to 60LB and finally ended up with the ID1000's. I would speak to your tuner for his recommendation.

Well the good news is you won't have to buy another set, you now have the best.

99chromegt
12-08-2014, 10:32 AM
^^ I don't want to compromise on the tubro build so I wouldn't be able to purchase all of the components this winter and have it ready for the spring. I want a full season of driving for 2015 so I'm moving forward with the teksid block built for spray. That setup should add some extra fun until I can assemble all of the components for the Turbo setup. I have never had an issues selling good used parts so i don't mind the short term investment to get me by.

Scott
12-08-2014, 10:43 AM
^^ I don't want to compromise on the tubro build so I wouldn't be able to purchase all of the components this winter and have it ready for the spring. I want a full season of driving for 2015 so I'm moving forward with the teksid block built for spray. That setup should add some extra fun until I can assemble all of the components for the Turbo setup. I have never had an issues selling good used parts so i don't mind the short term investment to get me by.

Agreed, I had no difficulty selling the FRPP 39's and 60's. If you read between the lines what I was trying to suggest was speak to your tuner, see if ID's will work both NA/Spray and Turbo.

99chromegt
12-08-2014, 10:46 AM
^^ 10-4 got you. Thanks

ZR
12-08-2014, 10:50 AM
+1 on speak with your tuner up front. Each have their own / unique ways of getting to the same result but in all cases, all prefer / see best results tuning around the combinations they are the most familiar with.

Intmdtr
12-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Injector size won't matter that much in an N/A setup if you are using a wet kit for nitrous....if running a dry kit then yes you need to increase your injector size to compensate for the extra fuel required.

99chromegt
12-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Injector size won't matter that much in an N/A setup if you are using a wet kit for nitrous....if running a dry kit then yes you need to increase your injector size to compensate for the extra fuel required.

^^ thanks for the feedback. I had a chat with Diago today and he said something very similar. I'll still need to upgrade from the 24lbs to 39lbs because of the increased N/A HP the new setup will have and the Wet nitrous setup isn't that big of a factor. The 39s are relatively inexpensive so I'll install those for now instead of investing in the IDs

TurboFox
12-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Ya I concur, you will be fine with the wet kit.