PDA

View Full Version : 302 coolant direction

Tailites
12-19-2014, 12:30 AM
91 Fox body with the standard reverse rotation water pump...

freekin looked everywhere for a decent illustration

of the direction coolant travels thru the block...pump heater core & rad...

just point me thanks

B-blown
12-19-2014, 10:57 AM
I couldn`t find any images so far but maybe this thread helps ...read it all as one poster had heater path reversed

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-engines-induction-exhaust/15200-ford-302-cooling-system.html

B-blown
12-19-2014, 11:08 AM
easiest way to describe it is waterpump pushes coolant thru the block and flows up to heads/intake and out past thermostat.... heater hose off intake flows to core and other hose flows back to *suction* side of waterpump (lower rad hose)

Tailites
12-19-2014, 06:10 PM
easiest way to describe it is waterpump pushes coolant thru the block and flows up to heads/intake and out past thermostat.... heater hose off intake flows to core and other hose flows back to *suction* side of waterpump (lower rad hose)

thanks B...its correct plumbing of the turbos

the old Incon system diagram shows the correct plumbing...but I may delete the heater

& run the circuit thru in/out on the water pump...just need to know where the coolant travels

B-blown
12-21-2014, 04:20 PM
feed the turbos from the block on either side if theres ports available and then tie the lines out from turbos back together at waterpump that's how I have my *half a motor* plumbed