PDA

View Full Version : Another emission test question

Uncle Buck
01-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Apologies if this is a repost

When Matt D tuned my 06 I think he turned off the rear O2 sensors.

2 questions

Can I E test like this?

He also gave me an "E" tune. If I load this tune, will all the sensors be "ready" right away or do I need road time before the test?

KIDAGIN
01-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Apologies if this is a repost

When Matt D tuned my 06 I think he turned off the rear O2 sensors.

2 questions

Can I E test like this?

He also gave me an "E" tune. If I load this tune, will all the sensors be "ready" right away or do I need road time before the test?

I would be calling Matt for the answers

Ponyryd
01-04-2015, 12:27 PM
As long as the rear 02 monitor reads "n/a" and not "failed or not ready" it should be fine. But as far as loading the "e-tune" and being ready is say no, gotta drive it to run through the readiness.

WTF
01-04-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't think you need ALL sensors ready with the new test

when I tested my 2000 GT (KenneBell, custom tune, Bassani catted X-pipe, Borla Stinger catback)....the guy said only 2 sensors need to be ready to pass....as long as the SES light is not on....and....only 2 came up ready....so got a pass

pretty sure my tune has my rear O2s shut off as well

worth noting that the car had barely gone through 1/2 tank of fuel at that point because I barly drove the thing last season so I was worried that the car had even gone through a full cycle since the battery was put back in

the farmer
01-04-2015, 01:18 PM
As long as the rear 02 monitor reads "n/a" and not "failed or not ready" it should be fine. But as far as loading the "e-tune" and being ready is say no, gotta drive it to run through the readiness.
....I would agree with this.................................but the guy who told WTF that info is incorrect

WTF
01-04-2015, 04:08 PM
....I the guy who told WTF that info is incorrect

I might have my terminology incorrect, and I don't have a copy of the etest in front of me....but my car passed and only two sensors came up "ready"....and everything else came up "NA"

was a certified etest-only centre in the GTA

Ray721
01-04-2015, 04:19 PM
My rear O2s were off on my 06. It passed.

Intmdtr
01-04-2015, 04:42 PM
If you upload a different tune, car will need to be driven to get the P1000 code to read systems ready...if not codes will be shown on CEL

the farmer
01-04-2015, 04:55 PM
I might have my terminology incorrect, and I don't have a copy of the etest in front of me....but my car passed and only two sensors came up "ready"....and everything else came up "NA"

was a certified etest-only centre in the GTA...yes n/a is acceptable.....just the way I read it.....i was thinking it read as if you had 6 sensors only 2 had to be ready and the others not ready..but not ready is different than n/a