PDA

View Full Version : Stainless braided line flexibility?

95GT_VERT
01-12-2015, 12:55 PM
How flexible are the russell stainless braided lines? after some pricing i've decided to just run 2 solid lines from the tank to the rail for my fuel system. Gonna convert my stock pump hanger to AN fittings and then just use factory style EFI fittings to attach to the rail. My question is how flexible are the lines? are they gonna be able to bend over the rear axle as one solid piece or will i need to get fittings to keep it tight to the floor?

how did you guys route your fuel lines so that they clear everything they need too?

ZR
01-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Braided stainless hose will easily bend that much. You can tuck them close to the floor on the inside of the right rear frame rail.

95GT_VERT
01-12-2015, 01:04 PM
I was looking at the factory lines and the feed line is 3/8 and the return is 1/4.
Russell fittings doesnt make a 1/4 " factory style fuel rail fitting, is it ok to run -6AN AKA 3/8 for both the feed and return line?

Original plan was to use -6 feed and -4 return until i see that dont make the -4 rail fitting.

They do make a -8 feed but 1/2" is big for a car thats staying mostly stock

ZR
01-12-2015, 01:16 PM
You'd be fine with both the same size. In fact, rule of thumb is slowly changing to suggesting return be sized the same as feed.

95GT_VERT
01-12-2015, 01:22 PM
to convert by factory pump holder to AN i am just gonna buy 2 -6AN plugs, drill the proper hole into it and have it welded to the factory pump holder. Seem like a legit thinking?

B-blown
01-12-2015, 04:53 PM
to convert by factory pump holder to AN i am just gonna buy 2 -6AN plugs, drill the proper hole into it and have it welded to the factory pump holder. Seem like a legit thinking?

use the steel -6 plugs and have a machine shop drill them tight tolerance fit and then have them silver soldered on would be best unless you have someone proficient with a TIG