PDA

View Full Version : Fat azz to lean thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

SVOMACH1
01-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Have to get my fat azz lean so starting to diet again today. Anyone have some realistic breakfast options? Day 1, first meal and already stumped!

hammerhead
01-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Have to get my fat azz lean so starting to diet again today. Anyone have some realistic breakfast options? Day 1, first meal and already stumped!

sometimes I don't think it's not a good idea to flip a diet upside down and change drastically from what the mind and body may be accustom - most people just need to eat less - maybe add fruit and cut out any junk - grape fruit is one of the best things to eat, it has everything in it except B12 vitamin only found in red meat or supplement - I eat a grape fruit everyday - another good choice is peanut butter and honey on whole wheat - has everything a complete meal has again except for the B12...good luck!

ZR
01-22-2019, 09:16 AM
Everything I've done is about making better choices vs trying to all but starve myself, best results I've ever had and feels more and more like my new norm as time passes.

SVOMACH1
01-22-2019, 09:55 AM
Bread is my weakness. I bet I have two loaves a week.

hammerhead
01-22-2019, 10:08 AM
lol - when I mentioned eat less - was because most people eat way more than they need - I have one pudgy kid cause she eats out of boredom - I have weakness for butter and love my eggs swimming in it - but I only have that usually on Sunday morning - and only if the High Commander whips up breakfast for me...lol - I find that eat smaller meals frequently thru the day - just enough to take the edge off and my energy levels stay up - one big meal after work slows me down - best thing is to cut out all junk food in the beginning chips pop candy baked goods limit coffee and booze and you will see results usually with that - takes a lot of time to figure out what works and to change eating habits

Gabe
01-22-2019, 10:16 AM

Majority of mornings, I eat a 50/50 mix of granola and muesli with fresh fruit (typically some sort of berry or banana in the bowl) and almond milk.

hammerhead
01-22-2019, 12:40 PM

www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/canada-food-guides

this is a good place to start Canada's new guide

WTF
01-26-2019, 08:13 PM
did a gym upgrade today

finally have an Olympic bar

and I can load a 525lb bar with bumper plates

was a work-out just to get the new plates in there

bar looks fucking huge with the bumper plates......300 looks like 500

500 looks like full retard

WTF
01-27-2019, 10:55 AM
the look of a 525lb bar with bumper plates is almost comical

realized when I got home that I forgot the spring clamps....and don't think they would get on there with 525....495 no problem.....if....and that's a big IF.....I'm deadlifting 500+ with frequency I'll need to get a pair of non-bumper 45s so it will all fit on the bar

315 in bumper-plates looks about as wide as 495 usually does....it's hilarious

still need the standard plates for the EZ-bar and the thigh-ext/leg-curl.....there's a bunch of weight in there....just shy of 3000 lbs

hammerhead
01-27-2019, 05:09 PM
All this gym talk has me pumped - I've never been one to go to a gym or lift - I did have the typical concrete York barbells during my high school years. Mainly did all my workouts outside and in pools - thru my late twenties until I was about 40 my day consisted of a minimum of 6 hour workouts integrated into my daily routine. I've slowed since but still get my exercise outdoors, aside from it being a workout, it is also fit into my daily routine and also serves as useful purpose for my family. Today was a beautiful day and I managed to spend four hours out at the wood pile. Managed to maybe get thru a bush cord in that amount of time. My favorite apparatus has always been the 8lb splitter, also like the wheel barrel. The only mechanical tool is the chain saw, but extended use is great on the forearms. Lots of climbing, lifting, swinging and power walking with a full wheel barrow. It's kind of like a resistance workout...I'm going to try and get thru this pile before it gets to warm out...winter is never going away this how I enjoy and love to be outside no matter the weather... there's always room for new members and membership is free!

newbiestangowner
01-27-2019, 07:03 PM
All this gym talk has me pumped - I've never been one to go to a gym or lift - I did have the typical concrete York barbells during my high school years. Mainly did all my workouts outside and in pools - thru my late twenties until I was about 40 my day consisted of a minimum of 6 hour workouts integrated into my daily routine. I've slowed since but still get my exercise outdoors, aside from it being a workout, it is also fit into my daily routine and also serves as useful purpose for my family. Today was a beautiful day and I managed to spend four hours out at the wood pile. Managed to maybe get thru a bush cord in that amount of time. My favorite apparatus has always been the 8lb splitter, also like the wheel barrel. The only mechanical tool is the chain saw, but extended use is great on the forearms. Lots of climbing, lifting, swinging and power walking with a full wheel barrow. It's kind of like a resistance workout...I'm going to try and get thru this pile before it gets to warm out...winter is never going away this how I enjoy and love to be outside no matter the weather... there's always room for new members and membership is free!

Ahh no thanks Hammerhead lol
I’ll do plenty of exercise with my thumbs (PS4) and a beer in my warm and cozy living room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammerhead
01-27-2019, 07:15 PM
Ahh no thanks Hammerhead lol
I’ll do plenty of exercise with my thumbs (PS4) and a beer in my warm and cozy living room

I have a few of those here (they just don't drink beer yet) - the High Commander sends them out...lol

newbiestangowner
01-27-2019, 07:19 PM
^^^ lmao - I get in trouble here too ( doesn’t matter where they are stationed, High commanders are all the same)

hammerhead
01-31-2019, 03:01 PM
that pretty awesome - any mosquito's - it was -20 this morning but I don't miss the mosquito's yet.... soon tho - enjoy your trip!!

BOOOSTD
02-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Little heavier....hit some doubles

https://youtu.be/xf_83bmRK6Y

Gr8Stang
02-01-2019, 12:22 PM
lol - when I mentioned eat less - was because most people eat way more than they need - I have one pudgy kid cause she eats out of boredom - I have weakness for butter and love my eggs swimming in it - but I only have that usually on Sunday morning - and only if the High Commander whips up breakfast for me...lol - I find that eat smaller meals frequently thru the day - just enough to take the edge off and my energy levels stay up - one big meal after work slows me down - best thing is to cut out all junk food in the beginning chips pop candy baked goods limit coffee and booze and you will see results usually with that - takes a lot of time to figure out what works and to change eating habits

This ketogenic way of eating is very interesting. Eat lots of good fats and kill the carbs (stick to eating the dark green veggies) really seems to work. And I like that I can eat all the cheese, eggs, fish and meats (non processed) I want. I've dropped almost 10 lbs. now in just over a month. It recommends sticking to 3 meals a day and killing of course all the bad snacks. Serving size is important as you mentioned as well. Whole idea is to get your energy from fat burning vs. carbs....and the latter has the extra badness of spiking your insulin/blood sugar especially in larger amounts.

hammerhead
02-01-2019, 12:57 PM
This ketogenic way of eating is very interesting. Eat lots of good fats and kill the carbs (stick to eating the dark green veggies) really seems to work. And I like that I can eat all the cheese, eggs, fish and meats (non processed) I want. I've dropped almost 10 lbs. now in just over a month. It recommends sticking to 3 meals a day and killing of course all the bad snacks. Serving size is important as you mentioned as well. Whole idea is to get your energy from fat burning vs. carbs....and the latter has the extra badness of spiking your insulin/blood sugar especially in larger amounts.

That's excellent - I will have to look up the "ketogenic way" green vegetables are very good as well as green lettuce such a romaine, and some of the chewy bitter ones like kayle (spell check), high in protein - also orange root vegetables very good too example sweet (orange) potato, turnip, squash - I think when it comes to veggies there's really no limit - I personally was raised on a high protein diet with occasional carbs like pasta and some bread also rice....My mom said the doctor started us on protein as opposed to cereals when she stopped breast milk, cereals came much later. I did the same with my kids but something happened and they have digressed to a diet of chicken nuggets and pizza ...lol - every once in a while I tell them they need to get a lawyer and fill out a will in my name, cause I'm going to out live them the way they eat...lol(that gets them thinking every time)I remember trying to shift my diet once when I was in my thirties and at my peak - could not adjust and suffered many injuries, went back to what I was raised on...high protein diets are good but very hard to adjust to if replacing a high carb diet...keep it up man we gonna be the fittest Mustang Club in North America....lol

hammerhead
02-01-2019, 01:39 PM
No bugs, another reason why I’m moving to a more arid western climate.

It was cold here though, needed a puffy for the headlamp start until sun came over the ridge at about 9am, then a wind shirt for the middle pitches and puffy again up top in the high wind.

come to think of it I remember noticing that when in Las Vegas - waay too hot for me there...I would miss winter!!

Gr8Stang
02-01-2019, 03:10 PM
That's excellent - I will have to look up the "ketogenic way" green vegetables are very good as well as green lettuce such a romaine, and some of the chewy bitter ones like kayle (spell check), high in protein - also orange root vegetables very good too example sweet (orange) potato, turnip, squash - I think when it comes to veggies there's really no limit - I personally was raised on a high protein diet with occasional carbs like pasta and some bread also rice....My mom said the doctor started us on protein as opposed to cereals when she stopped breast milk, cereals came much later. I did the same with my kids but something happened and they have digressed to a diet of chicken nuggets and pizza ...lol - every once in a while I tell them they need to get a lawyer and fill out a will in my name, cause I'm going to out live them the way they eat...lol(that gets them thinking every time)I remember trying to shift my diet once when I was in my thirties and at my peak - could not adjust and suffered many injuries, went back to what I was raised on...high protein diets are good but very hard to adjust to if replacing a high carb diet...keep it up man we gonna be the fittest Mustang Club in North America....lol

Definitely recommend checking it out. It is a bit controversial because it actually encourages eating high fat diet (65-75% of your calories, 20-15% Protein and 5-10% Carbs). Of course high fat diets have been historically shunned by the medical community as causing heart disease. BUT...there is plenty of growing evidence that shows its actually good for you and the real enemy is the unbelievable amount of different kinds of sugars in our diets and the affects it has on insulin levels, inflammatory processes, etc. Given the alarming rise in diabetes, I think they are onto something. I have the same discussion as you with my daughters; they eat way to much junk/fast food.

At this rate, my weight to HP ratio is really heading in the right direction. :cool:

hammerhead
02-01-2019, 03:22 PM
lol on the HP ratio...easier to fit into the recaro's too!

ZR
02-02-2019, 07:46 AM
The longer I continue to eat well, easier it's getting.
Today could be your first day of better things, do it!!!

1986stangfan
03-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Been back at it now for 5 weeks after almost a one year hiatus. Feels great, strength and stamina are returning.

1986stangfan
03-23-2019, 09:09 PM
Another week in the books. Did a heavy chest workout today. Feels great

hammerhead
04-20-2019, 10:02 PM
Went for a run today, just a short one, first one in about 17 years...

LX89
04-21-2019, 01:03 AM
I don't think I could get fat if I tried.
Grateful for not ever being a fat boy.

I cycle a lot which helps.(used to run and lift weights,which I should start doing again,lol)
Too many fat people and kids out there these days.

When I was a kid you couldn't keep us inside,we were always outside being active.
Most kids today would rather stay inside and play stupid video games and get fat and weak.

hammerhead
04-21-2019, 07:49 AM
I don't think I could get fat if I tried.
Grateful for not ever being a fat boy.

I cycle a lot which helps.(used to run and lift weights,which I should start doing again,lol)
Too many fat people and kids out there these days.

When I was a kid you couldn't keep us inside,we were always outside being active.
Most kids today would rather stay inside and play stupid video games and get fat and weak.

I've been blessed that way too - I stopped running due to injuries - it was a choice between surgeries or rest and I just kept resting lol - I really miss it going to try and get back into it - sofar no aches lol

hammerhead
06-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Not sure how I did it and wasn't trying but lost about 12 pounds over the winter - told the High Commander I think all came off my ass, cause my jeans are hanging low like I'm gangster - she just said it all went on her ass hahaha - got the auto cross this weekend. Been hooning around town for the couple of weeks with the traction and stability off trying to find the sweet spot just before the tires break loose - car is crazy with the controls off and I still haven't found what I'm looking for - enjoy the weekend everyone it's gonna be a good one...get out and scare the neighbours with your mustang...

ZR
05-31-2020, 08:02 AM
After knee injury n surgery followed by a health issue, been on my ass for almost 18 months now. Time to get my eating back under control n get this old butt back in gear..............doin it. Only been a week n a bit so far but most definitely can feel n see the difference.

ZR
06-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Dumping most of the crap intake continues to make a positive impact, already down lil over 16lbs + reducing size. At the same time, the knee is still being a PITA but level of discomfort and number of times it jams solid has been backing off a bit. What has backed off dramatically, instances of another on going health issue.
So it would seem, back off the excess mass of the machine and the individual operating systems run smoother. ;)

ZR
06-17-2020, 07:22 AM
I've hit the plateau where wt comes off at a snails pace so monitoring progress on size reduction kicks in.
Doing a decent job of sticking with the plan, results speak for themselves.

ZR
06-17-2020, 08:49 AM
For me, typically find the more structured I try and make things the less likely I am to follow through. No doubt less efficient way to look at it though.

Chinga
06-17-2020, 12:14 PM
Down 11 lbs in the last 10 days simply by limiting calorie intake. Eating much better items including some like Zucchini Noodles which I would never have entertained in the past.

On another note at Costco recently during the social distancing thing I saw a friend that was ripped (Juice I'm sure) when I saw him last 2 years ago. He was all soft and likely 70-80lbs heavier so I asked what happened to his gym routine. His reply was comical yet honest "Well the fridge was on the way to the basement where the weights are":)

Black Sheep
06-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Almost to my goal weight target for this year....almost down 40 lbs in 4 years. 11 more pounds and I will be at my goal weight. Should be there by this time next year.
It’s hard cause I still like to enjoy life...

hammerhead
06-17-2020, 12:40 PM
Calorie deficit isn't easy. Whatever system you use, it needs to be sustainable.

I go in and out of intermittent fasting. According to internet experts, the benefits are proven. When doing this I eat around 7 pm. For me the toughest part of the day is 1st thing. If I can make it past breakfast time I'm good for the day. Knowing this makes it slightly easier but not by much. Hunger is hardwired in from a previous world of scarcity. Consciously choosing to be hungry in a time of abundance isn't easy. I'm lucky in being a bachelor. Having someone else in the house who isn't mirroring the calorie deficit makes it harder still. A diet dinner and low cal breakfast don't translate well to a successful dating strategy.

Calorie deficit isn't for wimps. You're not a wimp though.

intermittent may be okay - I did one meal a day for years would work ten to fifteen hours a day running on a large DD - not because I needed to lose weight but because I thought I didn't have time to eat - years later contracted and ulcer - I wont get into the details but mainly because I didn't have any food in my stomach for the better part of a day - each day for years....never miss a meal now...lol and yah no longer as lean as the marathon days but probably where I need to be give or take a few pounds.

Uncle Buck
10-18-2020, 12:20 PM
Kick starting this thread again.

Uncle Buck needs to get serious. I've tried many programs and for me low carb eating worked best. Ten years ago I dropped 85 lbs on low carb. It's time to do it again. Wish me luck.

ZR
10-18-2020, 12:51 PM
Congrats on getting started Al.
I did the same a few weeks ago, dropped 25+ so far. Working well just cutting out the crap I'd drifted back to eating.

95GT_VERT
10-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Dropped 98 lbs by not eating shit

Uncle Buck
10-18-2020, 03:50 PM
Dropped 98 lbs by not eating shit

Wow, congrats man. That must be life changing.

Uncle Buck
10-18-2020, 03:52 PM
dropped 25+ so far. .

Awesome! Must feel great.

Uncle Buck
10-25-2020, 09:29 AM
Week 1 check in -7lbs.

I know it's mostly water at this stage but I'll take it.

fast Ed
10-25-2020, 10:04 AM
My "COVID belly" is noticeable (to me anyway), and I need to get back to eating better like I was about 18 months ago. Tough with the sweet tooth I have, and so many years of being able to eat just about anything and not put weight on when I was younger. Doesn't seem to work that way past age 50! LOL

Also have to figure out a new plan for exercise. Was going to a great place with excellent classes and coaches that was right around the corner from work in Waterloo, but that's not going to be doable for me any more with the recent job change.

Zippy
10-25-2020, 01:22 PM
I gotta get skinnier so my laps times go down at TMP.
#Motivation

ZR
10-25-2020, 02:26 PM
Wt loss has slowed down but clothes continue to fit better.

fast Ed
10-25-2020, 02:49 PM
I gotta get skinnier so my laps times go down at TMP.
#Motivation

Exactly! Back when I racing my 87, I was in my mid-20s and weighed about 150 lb. with Nomex and helmet on. One weekend at Mosport one of my buddies looked at me and said "no wonder you're car is so quick, it has no driver!" LOL

I want to get back down to ~160 lbs. which obviously is not much for my height, but with my build that's where I should be at.

Laffs
10-25-2020, 05:29 PM
Just had my measurements done at the gym first time since quarantine started. Up 8lbs since Feb but 4 of that is muscle so I'm not heartbroken. Still down 50+lbs from 18 months ago but switching gears to try and put on some lean weight in the way of muscle.

4 days of weights, 2 days Cardio is the current plan of attack. Will see though, was doing really well on the diet pre Covid but since it struck I'm back on the snacks and beer train again.

Uncle Buck
11-01-2020, 01:32 PM
Down 10.5 lbs in two weeks. My goal is a long way away but I'm motivated.

As a reward, I've promised myself a built 306 for the 66.

ZR
11-01-2020, 06:04 PM
^ Like your style

The Newmare
11-02-2020, 08:47 AM
still holding at the 200 mark......

Uncle Buck
11-27-2020, 07:06 PM
Down 16 lbs and counting

Progress is slow but steady.

Uncle Buck
03-06-2021, 04:44 PM
Had to make up for lost ground around the holidays but have been back at it for a while.

Down 22

Uncle Buck
06-06-2021, 04:01 PM
Slow and steady. Down 30 lbs

5 more and I get to order more car goodies.

ZR
06-06-2021, 04:13 PM
Good on you Al.
I'm also cruising back down to a more realistic wt.

Uncle Buck
06-06-2021, 04:17 PM
I'm also cruising back down to a more realistic wt.

Keep it up brother. There’s lap times in those lbs. lol

ZR
06-06-2021, 05:39 PM
^ there sure is.

Hutch
06-24-2021, 10:20 PM
I’m down just over 20lbs since Christmas and feeling great. Last year I started to get back into mountain biking but really struggled. This was bad when biking with a few friends who where in much better shape. Just before Christmas I made a gym area in my garage to start working out and biking. I did minimum 4 nights a week, but the majority 5 nights. This year I have already been biking more than the last 5-10 years combined. I love it again plus can easily keep up with my buddies now. I now have to work more on the confidence. Crashing hurts more and for longer now that I’m over 40! Lol. So glad I decided to just do it and make a change. Was tough at first but so worth it. The Shelby has sat a lot this season because I’ve been on the bike and loving it. I have actually thought about keeping the cobra and selling the Shelby so I can get a way better trail bike.

Zippy
08-07-2021, 11:01 PM
Well... Big Zip is trying his hardest to watch what he eats... almost down a shirt size, fitting into stuff I wore back in High school.
It's crazy how much my weight effects my back pain (herniated disk). My back pain has been the best it has ever been since I hurt it.
I think the most exciting part of shedding a few pounds is the amount of time I will gain on the race track... probably put another 3 bus lengths on ZR at the track.
:highfive:

Snaketamer
02-15-2022, 08:02 PM
Figured I'd necro this thread...

Been doing some 18/6 fasting. Cut out the morning timmies bagel. Just a coffee now. Hit 197 for the first time in decades...lol

ZR
02-15-2022, 09:24 PM
Nicely done brother.

ChickenLips
03-30-2022, 09:11 AM
good time to start that diet, bikini weather is approaching. Don't forget to wax......

Toronto [Canada], March 30 (ANI/Sputnik): Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is warning of impeding tough times, including food shortages, placing blame on the COVID-19 pandemic and Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine.

Carbon tax increase April 1st

Article here:
https://theprint.in/world/trudeau-warns-of-difficult-time-food-shortages-due-to-covid-19/894264/

hammerhead
07-12-2022, 02:00 PM
I was diagnosed this week with prediabetes. It was found through a blood test ordered because of other complaints. Also had an ECG that will see me making a trip to the cardiologists —I'm not looking for sympathy and think I will be fine. Anyone who knows me including myself would think I was the last person to every have either of these issues. For a sixty year old man I'm still very fit and currently weigh in at 178 pounds - my job is physical and I likely cover 20-30,000 steps a day - then run or walk the dog anywhere from 5-10k a day.

I'm sharing this because for the first time I realized the importance of going to see the doctor —something I seldom do for many reasons but I'm glad I did. Originally went because I thought I may have MS but it turns out not. Not going would have probably seen me develop type 2 diabetes and heart disease still a possibility (which is also known as the silent killer)

My diet is about to drastically change (something I've been meaning to do but my love for baked potato on my butter has been my thorn to name just one) and I will be an even leaner mofo —so get your ass' in gear and get to the doctor this is not uncommon for younger men either. Corn season is coming too I also like that on my butter...!

ChickenLips
07-12-2022, 02:25 PM
low, carb or keto might be your answer.

I'm also 60 years old, active and 178 lbs. I lost 5 through covid and it's stayed off. I'm OMAD (one meal a day) just because I'm too lazy to cook 3 meals a day. My resting HR is 50 or less, BP 110 over 60. Minimal carbs, minimal sugar. Strict diets or regimes are a recipe for failure, but a strategy of avoidance works for me. I get bloodwork done a couple times a year and especially pay attention to cholesterol and PSA

hammerhead
07-12-2022, 02:43 PM
right now my heart rate is all over the map and I was unaware —this time last year it was a even beat and now there's random breaks in the beats or skips the practitioner believes a valve issue in my heart but too much info yesterday and I'm unclear to the exact area as to what she said —I will be off to the cardio for more tests —it is strange reading my pulse currently

ChickenLips
07-12-2022, 04:17 PM
right now my heart rate is all over the map and I was unaware —this time last year it was a even beat and now there's random breaks in the beats or skips the practitioner believes a valve issue in my heart but too much info yesterday and I'm unclear to the exact area as to what she said —I will be off to the cardio for more tests —it is strange reading my pulse currently

I'm pretty sure you'll get scheduled for a heart stress test, if not, ask for one.

Smart watches are decent at monitoring heart rate. I find my high end Garmin to be accurate for daily stuff but inaccurate for elevated rates when I'm near max. When doing cardio I use a chest strap. Your max heart rate should be around 160 or so.

Chinga
07-13-2022, 10:11 AM

Atrial Fibrillation? Likely send you to be paired up with a 24 hour Holter monitor and Echocardiogram.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/atrial-fibrillation/symptoms-causes/syc-20350624

Snaketamer
07-13-2022, 10:12 AM
Dropped another 20 lbs since Feb. and down 180... Fasting and biking.

Chinga
07-13-2022, 10:16 AM
Such a rollercoaster ride but down 25 lbs since March. A long way to go yet to get to a happier place.

Zee
07-13-2022, 10:58 AM
Took a month off to recover from a knee injury, currently at 190Ibs, 6"2 - 16% body fat - need to bring it down to 13%.
Starting my high intensity interval training 3x week and am back to weight training at 75% of my max 5 x week.

Walking on the max incline on the treadmill is an extremely underrated exercise!!

hammerhead
07-13-2022, 11:24 AM
Atrial Fibrillation? Likely send you to be paired up with a 24 hour Holter monitor and Echocardiogram.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/atrial-fibrillation/symptoms-causes/syc-20350624

I believe that's what's next - its scarey my pulse —it will beat four times then just stop start again for two beats then stop etc. - if I do something strenuous it will beat constantly until it slows down —best of luck with your weight lose endeavors

Zee
07-13-2022, 01:11 PM

Welcome to the world of Tachycardia.
Do a stress test and an Echocardiogram. Had mine done a few months back, electrical impulses in my heart are fked so certain times it feels like theres someone stepping on my heart and it beats really fast and all over the place.. it then stops. Once I turn 50 I'll more than likely need a pacemaker.
I'm super active, dont smoke, drink rarely and eat healthy most of the time yet I have this issue - its genetic most of the times. Dont stress about it, just keep an eye on it.

hammerhead
07-13-2022, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the world of Tachycardia.
Do a stress test and an Echocardiogram. Had mine done a few months back, electrical impulses in my heart are fked so certain times it feels like theres someone stepping on my heart and it beats really fast and all over the place.. it then stops. Once I turn 50 I'll more than likely need a pacemaker.
I'm super active, dont smoke, drink rarely and eat healthy most of the time yet I have this issue - its genetic most of the times. Dont stress about it, just keep an eye on it.

Thanks I will certainly keep an eye on it —I haven't experienced any discomfort yet.

Zee
07-13-2022, 03:41 PM
Thanks I will certainly keep an eye on it —I haven't experienced any discomfort yet.

No discomfort is good! Sometimes when i'm working out i'll get it and it sucks.
In your case, nothing to be worried about. :highfive:

hammerhead
07-13-2022, 03:46 PM
No discomfort is good! Sometimes when i'm working out i'll get it and it sucks.
In your case, nothing to be worried about. :highfive:

that's reassuring I've been taking time off running and was worried to start up again —seriously think I was lucky to catch this because a month or so ago I didn't have this with my pulse

Old Fart
07-13-2022, 10:55 PM
I have arrhythmia as well. In my case, my heart skips a beat or two but it is not faster or slower than normal. Some days it occurs often, some days nothing. Doc at Sunnybrook said it was normal and to not worry about it...but I still do, lol.

hammerhead
07-14-2022, 07:32 AM
I have arrhythmia as well. In my case, my heart skips a beat or two but it is not faster or slower than normal. Some days it occurs often, some days nothing. Doc at Sunnybrook said it was normal and to not worry about it...but I still do, lol.

That sounds like what I'm experiencing...

ChickenLips
07-14-2022, 09:20 AM
Took a month off to recover from a knee injury, currently at 190Ibs, 6"2 - 16% body fat - need to bring it down to 13%.
Starting my high intensity interval training 3x week and am back to weight training at 75% of my max 5 x week.

Walking on the max incline on the treadmill is an extremely underrated exercise!!

impressive.

I outdoor stair climb on a 500', 500 step outdoor public set of stairs. I also lift in my ghetto basement gym. It's obvious to me that the majority of people I encounter on the stairs are doing it in a failing attempt at weight loss. They don't understand the basic reality that conditioning is great for fitness but not for weight loss. Between the corrupted food pyramid and fad fitness regimes it's obvious that people would rather be lied to with the promise of quick fixes and hearing what they want to to hear rather than face the reality that "fitness is made in the gym, waistline is made in the kitchen".

The majority i see are doing exercise and then rewarding themselves with a doughnut. The evidence is they're getting fatter, not fitter.

Going hungry is unpleasant, people don't like unpleasant.

hammerhead
07-14-2022, 09:38 AM
reducing body fat doesn't necessarily mean losing weight —merely offsetting it with more muscle mass 190 pounds is not overly excessive to drop to 180 would take some doing and I find it ironic at the gym in Shelburne is a permanent ice cream stand...lol

ChickenLips
07-14-2022, 10:31 AM
reducing body fat doesn't necessarily mean losing weight —merely offsetting it with more muscle mass 190 pounds is not overly excessive to drop to 180 would take some doing and I find it ironic at the gym in Shelburne is a permanent ice cream stand...lol

Good point on weight reduction versus composition change. I made the somewhat safe assumption that weight loss equates to fat loss, which isn't always the case. In my 20's and early 30's I was a muscular 225lbs and was built like a linebacker (my high school, Al Bundy glory position). I realized being that big was negatively affecting my functionality (but getting me laid).

I dropped close to 50 lbs of mostly muscle to revert to my swimmer body. Cheaper on groceries, easier to maintain and more functional. Also cheaper than aluminum heads and tubular K member for total vehicle weight reduction.

In any case I think it's a safe assumption for the majority of western population that weight reduction means fat reduction.

Snaketamer
07-14-2022, 12:04 PM
Going hungry is unpleasant, people don't like unpleasant.

Funny how since I started fasting, I've rarely felt 'hungry'.

I do have to get back into weight training. Need to tone up some of the lumpy parts...lol

ChickenLips
07-14-2022, 12:57 PM

I do have to get back into weight training. Need to tone up some of the lumpy parts...lol

I'm one meal a day and find it convenient. First thing is tough until I have my 1st coffee but then between water and coffee it's pretty easy. My +40 lb friend can't do it, nor can my GF. It's not for everyone.

To clarify, I put off meal time until 5-9pm and then eat a meal and a few snacks over about 4 hours.

Mostly giving up sugar and carbs like bread, cereal, crackers and dairy is fairly easy for me too. My GF likes pizza so I indulge on the occasional date night. I reduce, and avoid when easy and aren't a soup nazi about it. I also like whisky, so there's that.

hammerhead
07-14-2022, 04:51 PM

My buns of steel are more like buns of spray foam now…lol

ChickenLips
07-20-2022, 07:09 PM
that's reassuring I've been taking time off running and was worried to start up again —seriously think I was lucky to catch this because a month or so ago I didn't have this with my pulse

I was doing my cardio today and sweating buckets. It made me remember an issue my mother had that screwed up her heart and got her in the hospital. It was an electrolyte imbalance, well and being old.

Some gatorade or something a little fancier might be in order.

redo75
07-20-2022, 09:03 PM
To the guys worried about the irregular heart beats here is what my hot shot specialist at London Cardio told me last Friday after 9 months of testing.
Don't worry it is not an irregular heart beat.
Sometimes the heart "appears" to be irregular but what is happening is the heart does a "double beat" one after another so fast it appears to be skipping, but most doctors can't detect it with there stethoscopes.
There is some blood flow problems associated with the double beats but nothing to be worried about. Doctor feels I am in better shape than most guys my age.

Snaketamer
07-20-2022, 10:36 PM

As long as the gatorade is sugar free...

ChickenLips
07-21-2022, 07:37 AM
As long as the gatorade is sugar free...

I use Skratch labs and just checked, there is sugar. This stuff qualifies as "fancier" and of the various brands this stuff is one of the better choices. I don't think sugar is for flavor, but could be wrong. I imagine a home brew without sugar is possible

https://www.skratchlabs.com/products/sport-hydration-drink-mix?variant=39682984017991

hammerhead
07-21-2022, 08:04 AM
To the guys worried about the irregular heart beats here is what my hot shot specialist at London Cardio told me last Friday after 9 months of testing.
Don't worry it is not an irregular heart beat.
Sometimes the heart "appears" to be irregular but what is happening is the heart does a "double beat" one after another so fast it appears to be skipping, but most doctors can't detect it with there stethoscopes.
There is some blood flow problems associated with the double beats but nothing to be worried about. Doctor feels I am in better shape than most guys my age.

Thanks for the re-assurance - I did have a short ECG that revealed some concern I feel ok and the doctor thinks there may be a valve in my heart that is not functioning properly —the EKG that is scheduled will maybe confirm this with my sugar levels high and my cholesterol high "High Normal" the doctor I guess is just taking precaution —being a runner checking my pulse is a compulsive disorder LOL two months ago I could get an accurate reading today I can't but other than that I'm not too worried

hammerhead
07-21-2022, 08:07 AM
I was doing my cardio today and sweating buckets. It made me remember an issue my mother had that screwed up her heart and got her in the hospital. It was an electrolyte imbalance, well and being old.

I did think of this but not a fan of these drinks and will be seeing a nutritionist in the coming weeks

ChickenLips
07-21-2022, 08:40 AM
I did think of this but not a fan of these drinks and will be seeing a nutritionist in the coming weeks

I used water for years but do notice a difference now that I'm using "hydration" products. I wear a chest strap heart rate monitor along with a smart watch to monitor my progress during and compare performance afterward. For me there was a slight difference. Didn't make me into super man or anything. Yesterday during and after if I licked my lips I got a lot of salt. I suspect I lost 4-5 pounds during even with hydration. If anything the salts probably need replacement. I see potassium is in the mix too, which will reduce cramps. I'm doing HIIT and trying to maintain or expand my max HR. I hit 166 yesterday which is above my projected max according to the standard formulas.
with re
Anyway I'm rambling. WRT heart irregularities it could be as simple as electrolytes. It's cheap and easy to supplement and a simple A/B test doesn't seem too difficult.

I don't have any heart irregularities so i can't say that it helped or hurt and if a placebo is helping me with my fitness, I'll take it.

hammerhead
07-21-2022, 08:56 AM
I used water for years but do notice a difference now that I'm using "hydration" products. I wear a chest strap heart rate monitor along with a smart watch to monitor my progress during and compare performance afterward. For me there was a slight difference. Didn't make me into super man or anything. Yesterday during and after if I licked my lips I got a lot of salt. I suspect I lost 4-5 pounds during even with hydration. If anything the salts probably need replacement. I see potassium is in the mix too, which will reduce cramps. I'm doing HIIT and trying to maintain or expand my max HR. I hit 166 yesterday which is above my projected max according to the standard formulas.
with re
Anyway I'm rambling. WRT heart irregularities it could be as simple as electrolytes. It's cheap and easy to supplement and a simple A/B test doesn't seem too difficult.

I don't have any heart irregularities so i can't say that it helped or hurt and if a placebo is helping me with my fitness, I'll take it.

to be honest I don't intake too many process foods —before I received these results from the doctor I began to alter my diet and cut out some things I craved daily like a huge bowl of cereal and about a half ltr of milk before bed. By the time the doctor called with the results some of my complaints have subsided —In regards to the prediabetes I think it was more about my eating habits then anything - ate very little in the day and crammed a ton of food in before bed —she said my prediabetes could be from aging. For about the last month I've almost completely cut sugar out of my diet and with the heart threat cut almost all saturated fats and fats too. Since then during the past two nights I've been able to sleep on my side - I can't remember the last time I could do that without pain in my hip. This could be merely from cutting out sugar. I'm looking forward to seeing the nutritionist for a few reasons —as for energy drinks I use to drink Gatorade occasionally when it had sugar since sugar has been dropped and replaced with some sort of sweetner I will not drink it —I just can't and won't eat any processed food that causes me to raise questions eg. what is that cream in a flakey that has a shelf life of forever lol

ChickenLips
07-21-2022, 09:14 AM
to be honest I don't intake too many process foods —before I received these results from the doctor I began to alter my diet and cut out some things I craved daily like a huge bowl of cereal and about a half ltr of milk before bed. By the time the doctor called with the results some of my complaints have subsided —In regards to the prediabetes I think it was more about my eating habits then anything - ate very little in the day and crammed a ton of food in before bed —she said my prediabetes could be from aging. For about the last month I've almost completely cut sugar out of my diet and with the heart threat cut almost all saturated fats and fats too. Since then during the past two nights I've been able to sleep on my side - I can't remember the last time I could do that without pain in my hip. This could be merely from cutting out sugar. I'm looking forward to seeing the nutritionist for a few reasons —as for energy drinks I use to drink Gatorade occasionally when it had sugar since sugar has been dropped and replaced with some sort of sweetner I will not drink it —I just can't and won't eat any processed food that causes me to raise questions eg. what is that cream in a flakey that has a shelf life of forever lol

a bit of a mish mash of stuff there. Feeling better and better labs are the real indicator.

IMO fats are not the problem. BTW the carb heavy government issued food guides are the result of lobbyists not optimum health but I'll avoid going Alex Jones here.

Fats are healthy, trans fats mucho bad. Processed foods, also mucho bad. A food processor must cater to flavor, not health. If it tastes like shit, or is just more bland than the next product it won't sell. The current model of human machine was designed about 200K years ago when fats, sugars and salts were scarce but of high nutritional value. We were designed to gorge on these scarce, high value items when we encountered them. There's a reason you're not satiated until about 30 minutes after consuming food.
That's a design feature to gorge and get as much surplus on board and into storage as there was no telling when the next opportunity would arise. We still crave and respond to them, but operate in an environment of abundance and consume excess amounts.

I'm prone to inflammation and avoid gluten, dairy, and sugar. I still have a slice of pizza or the occasional ice cream but I have reduced that frequency to months in between. Total elimination is hard to do, reduction and avoidance easier (for me).

BTW the normal human condition is lactose intolerance. Humans normally don't consume lactose after being weaned from mothers milk. Lactose tolerance is a genetic defect that has become "the norm" as thousands of years ago humans that were able to make use of the calories in lactose have a physical advantage over those who didn't. Side effects be damned, life spans were short and reproduction was paramount.

If you're lactose intolerant you're normal. If you're lactose tolerant you've got an inherited genetic defect.

Snaketamer
07-21-2022, 09:34 AM
I use Skratch labs and just checked, there is sugar. This stuff qualifies as "fancier" and of the various brands this stuff is one of the better choices. I don't think sugar is for flavor, but could be wrong. I imagine a home brew without sugar is possible

https://www.skratchlabs.com/products/sport-hydration-drink-mix?variant=39682984017991

Yeah, sugar works against hydration. Home brews are very easy using lemons/limes, salt, stevia for sweetness etc.

hammerhead
07-21-2022, 09:38 AM
there's a lot of theories out there about food and diet and I will admit rabbit holes got me to the doctor so that's one good thing —from here on in I will go see the nutritionist it will be quicker - accurate - and girls with the name Alanna are always beautiful —rabbit holes not do much...haha

Zutz2v
07-21-2022, 11:10 AM
Any guys here do a hard labour job and still go to the gym ? Since COVID started I stopped going to the gym and now that I’m 32 and my job is the only thing keeping me going ( and killing me at the same time) I find it really hard to go. I tried doing some exercise 3 weeks back and it took me 2 weeks to recover from that 1 hour. Need encouragement at this point

hammerhead
07-21-2022, 12:03 PM
Any guys here do a hard labour job and still go to the gym ? Since COVID started I stopped going to the gym and now that I’m 32 and my job is the only thing keeping me going ( and killing me at the same time) I find it really hard to go. I tried doing some exercise 3 weeks back and it took me 2 weeks to recover from that 1 hour. Need encouragement at this point

maybe you need to start back a little slower lighter workout less weight —not sure what your doing i wasn't much of gym guy would sometimes go to do cardio when taking a break from pounding miles on the pavement —there are plenty of awesome and challenging trails just outside for your area to maybe shake things up a little and be outdoors...but yes its hard to get back into it after a lay off and can take a lot of pushing from within

ChickenLips
07-21-2022, 12:50 PM
I lift in my basement, Bowflex (or equivalent) adjustable dumbells go pretty far. I rigged a pulley and bucket for pull downs. My commute is 20 seconds. Cardio outdoors in all weather.

Zutz2v
07-21-2022, 10:49 PM
maybe you need to start back a little slower lighter workout less weight —not sure what your doing i wasn't much of gym guy would sometimes go to do cardio when taking a break from pounding miles on the pavement —there are plenty of awesome and challenging trails just outside for your area to maybe shake things up a little and be outdoors...but yes its hard to get back into it after a lay off and can take a lot of pushing from within

I just moved into my condo, I have a full gym plus goodlife membership. I started with a gym program from a YouTube guy I follow. I literally only used 15LBS. ( my son is 25LBs and I throw him steady) to be on the safe side. Nope locked my arms up badly and my triceps swelled up, couldn’t even scratch my neck.

hammerhead
07-22-2022, 07:58 AM
I just moved into my condo, I have a full gym plus goodlife membership. I started with a gym program from a YouTube guy I follow. I literally only used 15LBS. ( my son is 25LBs and I throw him steady) to be on the safe side. Nope locked my arms up badly and my triceps swelled up, couldn’t even scratch my neck.

doesn't sound good I don't what to advise —when I was young (high school) I had a poster of Arnolds routine with free weights —I followed it religiously, it took 20 minutes to get through —I did 20 minutes in the morning before school and 20 minutes in the afternoon after school and that was it —it did wonders (no you tube in those days) to be honest 20 minutes a day is really all that is needed in most cases —maybe let yourself heal then scale back and workup into longer routine's or split it up —when I was a competitive running my workouts where the same. I would run twice a day maybe 6-8 hours apart...hope you get better

ChickenLips
07-22-2022, 08:31 AM

Athlean X is top shelf

hammerhead
08-13-2022, 08:14 AM

Screen shot of the app I use to monitor my diet —since seeing Venessa (nutritionist) was able to stabilize my numbers (top row) —was struggling with calcium and sodium —was also having trouble matching carb and calorie —saturated fat was a bit high this day but acceptable it was a high protein day and I had some red meat to drive up the saturated fat but it is still acceptable, I can usually maintain around around three grams of saturated fat. Not ready to give up red meat and was advised I didn't really have to. —my sugar is a bit high but it all comes from natural source and still in the acceptable range —the app and the visit to the nutritionist has really helped put together balance —down to 170 pounds was 190 a few months. The negative numbers means I've gone over my daily limits but the calcium on this app is set too low for my age but i did still go over the 1200mg recommendations

ZR
10-11-2022, 08:11 AM
Morning.
Been sitting on my ass for far too long which of course resulted in gained back all I'd lost and then some. Made an about face a number of weeks back n enjoying the results. Last week got some health news that is going to force me to stick with it from here on out. First mod to go along with the new n improved look.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41W1miKO2lL._AC_.jpg

hammerhead
10-11-2022, 08:59 AM
Morning.
Been sitting on my ass for far too long which of course resulted in gained back all I'd lost and then some. Made an about face a number of weeks back n enjoying the results. Last week got some health news that is going to force me to stick with it from here on out. First mod to go along with the new n improved look.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41W1miKO2lL._AC_.jpg

that's pretty cool...congrats and good luck Rick. I've been feeling fantastic since my forced awareness...

ChickenLips
10-11-2022, 09:02 AM
I'm 60. 110/58 RHR46.

One meal a day works for me, lots of coffee, also good sleeps plus exercise of course

ZR
10-17-2022, 10:01 PM
Still making good progress on wt.
Blood pressure is under control, one down.

ZR
11-10-2022, 09:02 AM
New meds are kicking my ass but progress remains steady n positive.

Zippy
11-10-2022, 09:52 AM
Still making good progress on wt.
Blood pressure is under control, one down.

weird, i went to school, and your blood pressure goes down?
Hm.
:spitcoffee:

ChickenLips
11-10-2022, 11:47 AM
New meds are kicking my ass but progress remains steady n positive.

Scott Adams had some pretty negative experiences with his blood pressure meds. He talked about it in his daily YT vids a week or so ago. He also discusses what he did to deal with it.

Insightful IMO

ChickenLips
11-10-2022, 12:00 PM
Scott Adams had some pretty negative experiences with his blood pressure meds. He talked about it in his daily YT vids a week or so ago. He also discusses what he did to deal with it.

Insightful IMO

He mentioned it again today. I shared at the appropriat spot in the vid.

https://youtu.be/UokH93_JjG8?t=3132

ZR
11-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Blood pressure under control with diet changes / wt loss etc, meds for another issue.

hammerhead
11-10-2022, 01:09 PM
eat lightning —crap thunder

Gabe
11-19-2022, 10:43 PM
I'm 60. 110/58 RHR46.

One meal a day works for me, lots of coffee, also good sleeps plus exercise of course

Do you get light headed when you stand up some times? Seems like your blood pressure may be too low. I have had issues with this and my numbers are similar 110/65.

Great RHR, I am 38/39 @42, was 35 in my 20’s

ChickenLips
11-20-2022, 10:08 AM
Do you get light headed when you stand up some times? Seems like your blood pressure may be too low. I have had issues with this and my numbers are similar 110/65.

Great RHR, I am 38/39 @42, was 35 in my 20’s

yep I occasionally get dizzy standing up quickly. My family history is heart attacks or strokes for the big finish. I have to work to get those numbers.

Your RHR is crazy good

RedSN
11-20-2022, 10:35 AM
You should see him at the track, LOL

ZR
11-26-2022, 08:44 AM
Continue to make steady n positive progress.

ZR
12-05-2022, 09:21 AM
Milestone, just hit the lowest I've been since, well gosh knows when.

MUSTANGWOP
12-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Milestone, just hit the lowest I've been since, well gosh knows when.

Congrats Rick, keep it up!!

ZR
12-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Oddly enough, quit eating crap and progress continues in a positive direction. ;)
Hit my target today so figure I'll set a new one.................come on sub 200.
Down almost 50 since I started, if I can do it, you can to but ya gotta start n stick with it.

Old Fart
12-15-2022, 11:38 AM
Congrats Rick!!

ZR
12-15-2022, 11:39 AM
Thanks Mav.

Zutz2v
12-16-2022, 09:17 AM
Any of you guys hitting the gym early morning before a physical job ?

ZR
01-01-2023, 10:02 AM
https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/322935209_895704854781331_9036680970662897113_n.jp g?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=63_ZzOTmUEMAX_44hEH&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfB7_n8j0GlRHOB5bnKpG2CpG0d4P-QrhtG9zdv6GxHWxw&oe=63B71BEE

ZR
01-06-2023, 09:10 AM
While progress has slowed down it's steady n positive.
If I can do it, you can to, just gotta get started is all.

Old Fart
01-06-2023, 10:23 AM
I've lost about 25 lbs since September by modifying my eating habits. I was having knee pains and medically I was not given any actual cause. Since the weight lost, no pain in my knees!!

Another 15 lbs to go for my ideal weight.

ZR
01-06-2023, 03:01 PM
Good on ya Mike, keep up the good fight brother.
My loss, cut out virtually all crap with no additional exercise.

MUSTANGWOP
01-06-2023, 03:18 PM
My loss, cut out virtually all crap with no additional exercise.

Greta job Rick and Mike.
I've done similar to you Rick and dropped 20lbs in 2 months effortlessly and I'm not a big guy to begin with. Since then, I've picked up working out again.

ZR
01-06-2023, 06:28 PM
^ Nicely done, even better when it's via no pain, more likely to continue IMHO of course.

Gabe
01-06-2023, 06:32 PM
Congrats everyone! Job well done for sure.

ZR
01-08-2023, 01:42 PM
https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/324842481_3440228736296266_178487440872085482_n.jp g?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fdbPy04BfWUAX_1jy_c&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfCTPJpwzVGjpAJmx-x83vwMIHtOGdJCrbkvJ6SVnCMV4A&oe=63C0DD6A

Black Sheep
01-08-2023, 06:36 PM
I lost 112 lbs last year…..feeling Really good

Old Fart
01-08-2023, 06:46 PM
Wow...congrats!!

ZR
01-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Thats amazing, kudos.

Black Sheep
01-08-2023, 08:39 PM
Ya, it cost me half my net worth…lol…..

ZR
01-08-2023, 09:03 PM
Spider sense says there is a back story to this one.

Black Sheep
01-08-2023, 09:25 PM
Nah,,,,,just tryin to be funny…lol.
I’m in Makati…and it could easily happen….just hang P1000 from your pocket…lol

Black Sheep
01-10-2023, 07:17 PM
But seriously…since I started my weight loss journey, 6 years ago..I am down 45 lbs and holding…I am hoping to loss 10 more lbs while we are here..I get to do lots of outdoor hikes and stuff cause it is always warm. Our next spot for two weeks is in Tagaytay, which is in the mountains. Lots of trails. We are done with the beaches. We hit like 20 to 30 of them over the last 5 weeks. Lots of snorkeling ��. Snorkeled around a sunken WWII Japanese war gun boat that is now a coral garden. Snorkeled 0.5 to 1 klm at the lusong coral gardens. Best I have ever seen. My daughter scuba dives a lot and she was blown away.

ZR
01-10-2023, 08:43 PM
^ Very cool.

ZR
01-22-2023, 09:15 AM
Good morning TMC.
Hope everyone else continue to make progress, going well here, down a lil more.

ZR
01-22-2023, 08:30 PM
https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/326466697_646061657318594_8760647528320769697_n.jp g?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=EdQkODjOouIAX-ylxMz&_nc_oc=AQlFZ4ma5iAKA5W2kj1NMn5QTINt5aX6SWeyDw5IvSU P-vcTOW0xvhwozghSfhgakGQ&tn=Nn-oKNZIYOPGqjF9&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfADLkYGa0WEMQkvMSE8VqrSo02dhzawXwrKn8l9Fubu 3w&oe=63D37561

ZR
02-12-2023, 09:43 AM
Good morning TMC, still making progress here, hope your journey is positive as well.

hammerhead
02-13-2023, 09:05 AM
Good morning TMC, still making progress here, hope your journey is positive as well.

excellent Rick- I think I've headed in the right direction. Down to 165 was pushing 160 but thought that was too low —it appears my arrhythmia has subsided and I'm not seeing the irregular heart beats in the past month to month and a half. Sugar levels seam okay now. Up to 15k on my long runs. Feeling really good of late.

ZR
02-13-2023, 09:11 AM
^ That Sir is the best of news, congrats.

ZR
02-18-2023, 09:47 AM
It's official, down 60lbs since I started.

Blackmare
02-18-2023, 09:54 AM

That's awesome! Congrats Rick.

ZR
02-18-2023, 08:05 PM
Thank you. ;)

ZR
03-05-2023, 08:31 AM
Progress continues in a positive direction.
To everyone else trying, keep with it, you can do it.

ChickenLips
03-05-2023, 12:08 PM
many find value in public "accountability" via posting goal, current state, and progress.

I want to bench 300lbs. I'm currently able to bench 100lbs. Lifted twice this week, 90lbs Tuesday, 100lbs today.

ZR
03-05-2023, 03:27 PM
Niiiiiiiiiice.

LX89
03-05-2023, 07:22 PM
I saw a recent news story that said half of the worlds population will be obese or overweight by 2035.

That's insane.
Glad I'll never be one of them.

ChickenLips
03-05-2023, 08:46 PM
Remaining fit as you age becomes a bigger and bigger flex. As the years tick up there are fewer and fewer who remain fit. Simply not losing ground elevates your status.

If you're married it works for mate retention. You'll catch more glances. Your lady will notice and work harder. He's a good dog, but I need to pet him to keep him on the porch.

If you're single you stand out more, making it easier to get green lit for that role of "the older man".

Conversely losing fitness will make you invisible and less valued.

Getting fat is like cheating. Loving food more than a spouse is the same as loving a coworker more than a spouse.

You can't buy fitness, and fitness can't be taxed away. It's the one thing you have absolute control over. You're in charge of every calorie that passes your lips and every sit up you perform.

Black Sheep
03-06-2023, 02:05 AM
Been in the Philippines for 3 plus months now and actually lost weight….only 1/2lbs…but still….not the other way…��

Black Sheep
03-06-2023, 02:12 AM
I saw a recent news story that said half of the worlds population will be obese or overweight by 2035.

That's insane.
Glad I'll never be one of them.

Here in the Philippines, they are addicted to cheap fast food…it is absolutely everywhere…won’t be to many more years and they will be following North Americans in obesity. We were here 4 years ago and I definitely have seen a difference since then.
I said to my wife…give it 10 to 15 years….and take look around again… I pretty much guarantee the population will look much different..
She disagreed….time will tell…and I will probably, and sadly, be correct.

Uncle Buck
03-06-2023, 08:50 AM

That is outstanding sir!

ZR
03-06-2023, 08:56 AM
Thanks Al.
For me, setting reasonable targets helps the journey. Next one is 199.

ChickenLips
03-06-2023, 11:26 AM
Thanks Al.
For me, setting reasonable targets helps the journey. Next one is 199.

Have you identified what's working and what's not? Holding gains are easiest with lifestyle changes versus "temporary" deprivations.

For me one meal a day works. That and loose meal prep via batch cooking and portioning. For me portion size creep and extra calories with snacks are dangers.

ChickenLips
03-06-2023, 11:38 AM
bloodwork is not mentioned in this thread.

testosterone levels make a big difference in fat loss, as well as a number of other male traits we value.

PSA levels are also pretty important. I get my levels checked minimum annually and frequently at 3 month intervals.

lots of other factors to get tested but trending is super important, not just snapshots every decade or so.

Cholesterol levels are demonized and a good many of use still have vestiges of the "low fat" generation. Cholesterol was demonized as the source of Eisenhower's heart attack. No mention of his multi pack a day smoking habit. My total cholesterol is high normal but LDL (good) very high versus lowish HDL (bad).

my point is getting regular bloodwork done is important to fat loss as well as general health.

ZR
03-06-2023, 02:38 PM
Have you identified what's working and what's not? Holding gains are easiest with lifestyle changes versus "temporary" deprivations.

For me one meal a day works. That and loose meal prep via batch cooking and portioning. For me portion size creep and extra calories with snacks are dangers.

Originally cut back just because but 12 wks in got some health news that forced the change to be a permanent one. What I've done, cut out virtually all the crap and dropped meal sizes down but do allow some snacks. Working well in spite of not adding any additional exercise into the mix.
Funny enough, blood work for a potential issue with a current med brought new problem to light.

ChickenLips
03-06-2023, 02:53 PM
Originally cut back just because but 12 wks in got some health news that forced the change to be a permanent one. What I've done, cut out virtually all the crap and dropped meal sizes down but do allow some snacks. Working well in spite of not adding any additional exercise into the mix.
Funny enough, blood work for a potential issue with a current med brought new problem to light.

another validation point for getting regular bloodwork done.

Remember the adage that weight loss is done in the kitchen, fitness in the gym. Think of them as two separate but parallel efforts. Exercise for weight loss is a recipe for failure as you'll put in extreme effort, for little to no weight loss which is demoralizing.

Being fit, more muscle does improve your BMR slightly but doing a crossword also ups your BMR.

hammerhead
03-06-2023, 05:54 PM
another validation point for getting regular bloodwork done.

Remember the adage that weight loss is done in the kitchen, fitness in the gym. Think of them as two separate but parallel efforts. Exercise for weight loss is a recipe for failure as you'll put in extreme effort, for little to no weight loss which is demoralizing.

Being fit, more muscle does improve your BMR slightly but doing a crossword also ups your BMR.

I can't agree with this too much —I can burn 800 calories in a 40min. 10k run and that allows me to cheat a little or lose weight. Cardio exercise taken to limits will burn tons of calories. Pair the two with a good diet and your laughing. I'm also not sure about one meal a day especially if the individual is pre-diabetic or diabetic. I could never do it. For a person who has never had a strong fitness regime a good brisk walk and a good diet will do wonders. Be careful with the one meal a day it may be good for short term but I wouldn't risk it long term.

ChickenLips
03-06-2023, 09:03 PM
strenuous exercise like running increases appetite. If you're going to attempt to use exercise to burn calories, resistance training is more effective than cardio. Resistance training also adds muscle which requires more calories to maintain and will make you more attractive. I do cardio a couple times a week, simply to keep myself off statins and for the fitness. I know it's not making me more desirable other than staying power but that's after the deed is underway and therefore not a factor in attraction.

Walking is a great weight loss exercise, it does burn additional calories but also has minimal effect on appetite. In the bigger picture the additional calories burned from exercise won't make near the difference a calorie deficit will , even with exercise.

Regardless of the exercise form, it'll make you ravenous, and almost certain to consume more calories than have been burned.

Exercise is important for fitness.

Calorie control is important for weight control.

ChickenLips
03-07-2023, 12:57 PM
On bloodwork, and particularly PSA

I just had blood drawn and thankfully my PSA is still low at 0.47

LifeLabs has dominance if not a monopoly on bloodwork. Overall quick, efficient BUUUT:

Trending of decimal values (like my 0.47) cannot be trended using their analytics. Considering PSA is a key mens health indicator I find this disturbing. I've been getting PSA testing for about a decade and a change in numbers is key to early detection.

PSA needs to be trendable with the monopoly blood lab.

I messaged and then followed up with a phone call to customer support (with a dude no less) who basically told me to pound salt.

Trending a decimal value isn't rocket science. I asked for escalation both on my phone call and email chain. I sense this is going nowhere.

More people need to ask for this functionality. If this was a breast cancer indicator it would be done.

If you test for PSA, ask for this trending. If more requests happen changes will be made.

If you don't get PSA testing done, look up what happens with prostate cancer, not fun.

hammerhead
03-07-2023, 02:28 PM
I hate when people stand over me and suggest another way to do my job, I'm just weird that way. —I will have to remember pound salt.

ChickenLips
03-07-2023, 02:34 PM
I hate when people stand over me and suggest another way to do my job, I'm just weird that way. —I will have to remember pound salt.

how do you keep track of your PSA?

ZR
03-12-2023, 08:13 AM
Good morning.
While gains are smaller last few weeks, progress continues in a positive direction.

ZR
03-20-2023, 07:48 AM
Another week n progress remains positive.

https://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/19/63/01/360_F_119630163_wJRGEXJhFDC7J3HT8JO4IIPT6gblxZ8k.j pg

ChickenLips
03-22-2023, 10:01 AM

ZR
04-06-2023, 11:20 PM
While doctor isn't happy with my current blood stats (appointment in two weeks to discuss), I'm at the other end of the spectrum n over the moon pleased with my progress. Gotta get his head around treat the patient not be so hyper focused on the number and I think we'll both be fine.
While actual wt number hasn't changed last lil bit, clothes continue to look more n more ridiculous on me (for all the right reasons).
If you on the fence n having trouble getting started on new healthier habits, no better day than today...........YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Start with little things and let it build at a rate you know you can stick with. Next thing you know the pounds seem to fall off by themselves.

https://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/19/63/01/360_F_119630163_wJRGEXJhFDC7J3HT8JO4IIPT6gblxZ8k.j pghttps://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/19/63/01/360_F_119630163_wJRGEXJhFDC7J3HT8JO4IIPT6gblxZ8k.j pg

Old Fart
04-07-2023, 12:05 AM
Start with little things and let it build at a rate you know you can stick with.

That is exactly what I am doing. Pounds are dropping a little each week.

ZR
04-07-2023, 07:51 AM
^ Nice.

Snaketamer
04-07-2023, 10:13 AM
It's amazing what a proper human diet and a little exercise can do!

ZR
04-07-2023, 10:16 AM
^ It sure is.

ChickenLips
04-07-2023, 11:40 AM
fitness is the one thing that can't be taxed away or redistributed to you from others.

It's really the only thing that you have full and absolute control of.

ZR
04-13-2023, 08:47 AM
Still chugging away on my journey. While scale says progress has stalled, clothes are saying something totally different.
Don't be discouraged by the numbers on a scale, judge by how you look, feel and how clothes no longer fit tight.
You can absolutely do it, just have to get started.

https://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/19/63/01/360_F_119630163_wJRGEXJhFDC7J3HT8JO4IIPT6gblxZ8k.j pg

ChickenLips
04-13-2023, 08:57 AM
the mirror is a better scale than the scale.

hammerhead
04-13-2023, 02:18 PM
While doctor isn't happy with my current blood stats (appointment in two weeks to discuss), I'm at the other end of the spectrum n over the moon pleased with my progress. Gotta get his head around treat the patient not be so hyper focused on the number and I think we'll both be fine.
While actual wt number hasn't changed last lil bit, clothes continue to look more n more ridiculous on me (for all the right reasons).
If you on the fence n having trouble getting started on new healthier habits, no better day than today...........YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Start with little things and let it build at a rate you know you can stick with. Next thing you know the pounds seem to fall off by themselves.

https://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/19/63/01/360_F_119630163_wJRGEXJhFDC7J3HT8JO4IIPT6gblxZ8k.j pghttps://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/19/63/01/360_F_119630163_wJRGEXJhFDC7J3HT8JO4IIPT6gblxZ8k.j pg

Going to see my cardiologist next month. Will be the first time in seven months. Not sure how it will go. During the first six months he was pushing meds not having time to talk. In fact I only seen him once when he popped his head in the door while I ran on the tread mill. After that it was just a few phone calls. I don't even know his name...lol. I did some research and just stuck to diet. I haven't had and arrhythmia for the past 3-4 months. Been making good progress running and feeling great. Not sure what to expect at this appointment and to be honest I don't really want to go. Not too impressed with this guy. That's awesome to hear Rick. If your feeling good your on the right track. I'm rooting for you. Maybe next time I'm at the track we can run a few laps.

Snaketamer
04-13-2023, 03:57 PM
Got out on the bike for the first time this season. Took it easy and rode just over 1.5hrs/33klm. Feel good now but, tomorrow may be a different story. lol

ChickenLips
04-13-2023, 04:17 PM
been expanding my garden, getting closer to growing almost all of my own veggies. Never imagined myself as a farmer, been pondering chickens but the black fox that walked through the other day changed my mind.

ZR
04-13-2023, 05:11 PM
Going to see my cardiologist next month. Will be the first time in seven months. Not sure how it will go. During the first six months he was pushing meds not having time to talk. In fact I only seen him once when he popped his head in the door while I ran on the tread mill. After that it was just a few phone calls. I don't even know his name...lol. I did some research and just stuck to diet. I haven't had and arrhythmia for the past 3-4 months. Been making good progress running and feeling great. Not sure what to expect at this appointment and to be honest I don't really want to go. Not too impressed with this guy. That's awesome to hear Rick. If your feeling good your on the right track. I'm rooting for you. Maybe next time I'm at the track we can run a few laps.

Keeping yourself informed and paying attention to how you feel to me is the most important part of feeling better..............kudos Mr.

ZR
04-13-2023, 05:13 PM
Got out on the bike for the first time this season. Took it easy and rode just over 1.5hrs/33klm. Feel good now but, tomorrow may be a different story. lol

Good to hear. Want to get back out biking but my Mountain bike hasn't seen the light of days since I dont know when. Thought about a new one but good freaking grief I was not prepared for the price tag attached to em. As much as my bike it out of date, having to spent even upwards of a grand to make it right feels like a good decision (Thin Blue Line full suspension bike)

CON VERT
04-13-2023, 05:31 PM
^^^^^ I wouldn't bike in your area if you paid me !

Snaketamer
04-13-2023, 07:20 PM
Good to hear. Want to get back out biking but my Mountain bike hasn't seen the light of days since I dont know when. Thought about a new one but good freaking grief I was not prepared for the price tag attached to em. As much as my bike it out of date, having to spent even upwards of a grand to make it right feels like a good decision (Thin Blue Line full suspension bike)

Do it Rick! I know what you mean about the price of bikes...got mine last spring and paid dearly. Covid tax, ya know. The same bike this spring is over a grand cheaper. :facepalm: Still glad I got it because I get so much enjoyment from riding.

ZR
04-13-2023, 10:02 PM
^^^^^ I wouldn't bike in your area if you paid me !

Come on now, I'd even tip ya!!!

ZR
04-13-2023, 10:03 PM
Do it Rick! I know what you mean about the price of bikes...got mine last spring and paid dearly. Covid tax, ya know. The same bike this spring is over a grand cheaper. :facepalm: Still glad I got it because I get so much enjoyment from riding.

Think I just might, lil more exercise would be a good thing. Biking makes most sense, need something low impact for my back.

LX89
04-13-2023, 10:07 PM
I get more enjoyment riding a bike than driving a car.
A lot of the time I can't even drive to the local grocery store without running into a idiot driver or two.

Driving sucks these days.
Actually it has sucked for a long time,plus the cost involved.

RedSN
04-13-2023, 11:30 PM
I know Gabe has brought his bike to track day before, but would be cool to have a bunch of us and do a few laps around the track! …between sessions of course.

Maybe E, I, and R classes LOL

hammerhead
04-14-2023, 08:04 AM
been expanding my garden, getting closer to growing almost all of my own veggies. Never imagined myself as a farmer, been pondering chickens but the black fox that walked through the other day changed my mind.

got roughly 250 tomato plants started —some will go to the kids (the ones that moved out.) Cherry tomato's for my mom's balcony. Other veggies will be seeded in better weather. $4.50 for a loaf of bread yesterday. Gotta grow your own.

ZR
04-21-2023, 07:09 AM
Turns out eating better is not just about dropping weight. At the doc yesterday to discuss recent blood test, last 6+ months have seen a night n day difference in my results. Enough so I'm in maintenance mode with no further action req'd beyond current meds and habits. Yes still pre diabetic but I'm already in the range that we never expected I'd hit. Wt loss has levelled off but clothes continue to look baggier so life is pretty darn good.
If me being older than dirt can make this much change, no doubt you can to....................just gotta get to it is all.

ZR
04-23-2023, 08:29 AM
https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/341144431_956786308686928_7836967196752021118_n.jp g?stp=dst-jpg_p552x414&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=nignpcxmeqMAX8wvJlM&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfBdbOGVW5FzoxLLSZJojgHxxQ9zJUysWBij2iJ-oCLDFQ&oe=644AEF64

Gabe
04-24-2023, 01:56 PM
I know Gabe has brought his bike to track day before, but would be cool to have a bunch of us and do a few laps around the track! …between sessions of course.

Maybe E, I, and R classes LOL

Was fun riding around in between sessions. windy though

There is a cycling event planned for TMP later this year, www.cayugavelo.ca

ChickenLips
04-26-2023, 10:06 AM
I'm only a decade of two late on "fitness nutrition". I started using BCAA's in my water during work outs and am noticing a drop in soreness.

I only started using electrolytes a year or two ago, which also blunted the strain of heavy cardio.

Trust the science..........

ChickenLips
04-26-2023, 11:32 AM
unscientific twitter poll say B is preferred

ZR
05-14-2023, 07:40 AM
Good morning ya'll.
Progress is positive with clothes continuing to get looser and wt dropping another c hair.
Never too late to start your own journey.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5687ae051c1210feadfd7fa4/1469879036596-Z83QUAROKJ3XE1R0SFTW/PrecisionFitness_YouCanDoIt_Success_Baby2.jpg?form at=1500w

ChickenLips
05-14-2023, 08:43 AM
I expanded my veggie gardens. Lots of shovelling. Days of shovelling. Most days I'm one meal a day, evening dinner and some snacks for a few hours after that. Without trying I'm down 4 pounds and abs starting to show.

xeninworx
05-14-2023, 02:18 PM
Was 212ish on Monday. Yesterday 206.4. Eating only the amount I need to continue with daily activities. This means not over indulging on food. I have a desk job so don’t need much just to sit for 8 hours. Evenings I go for a 4K walk in 40mins. Trying to go faster. I wear a heavy sweater hoodie and jeans. The weight adds resistance to walking which means more sweat. Also contracting my abs and pelvis all the time helps burn belly fat. Did an oil change yesterday and doing another today wearing a sweater and cargo pants. More sweat means more weight lost.

Old Fart
05-14-2023, 10:47 PM
Looks like I'm going to need a new belt!

https://i.postimg.cc/sfkQXcD9/IMG-2615.jpg

ZR
05-14-2023, 11:25 PM
Nice work.

Zee
05-15-2023, 09:25 AM
Lost 10 pounds in the last 4 weeks of not working out ... significant drop in strength. Oblique is still tender and hasnt healed a 100% ... gives me false confidence until I turn the wrong way and bam! The pain sets in.
Going to work on strengthening this lower back for the next stage. Today's the first day working out again.
Another big focus is recovery and rest, ice baths are going to be key in this.

xeninworx
05-15-2023, 06:09 PM
Lost 10 pounds in the last 4 weeks of not working out ... significant drop in strength. Oblique is still tender and hasnt healed a 100% ... gives me false confidence until I turn the wrong way and bam! The pain sets in.
Going to work on strengthening this lower back for the next stage. Today's the first day working out again.
Another big focus is recovery and rest, ice baths are going to be key in this.

https://youtu.be/DWmGArQBtFI

https://youtu.be/gvCLoR_349M

Hope these help. Jeff’s got tons of videos on other exercises.

ChickenLips
05-15-2023, 10:27 PM
X2 on the value of Jeff's material and all those videos. I do the 6 pack shuffle daily and it's one of the things I credit to not throwing my back out in months.

Zee
05-16-2023, 10:25 AM

Thank you!!
Jeff is super knowledgeable and in wicked shape! Will watch this video.

ZR
05-25-2023, 07:25 AM
Still making positive progress, how is your journey?

Zee
05-25-2023, 03:33 PM
Oblique is still not healed, DR is sending me for a MRI and getting ultrasound and xray's on both my knees.
I'm not even close to 40 and falling apart... i need to start juicing lol

Snaketamer
05-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Recovering from a frosty fifty kilometer ride this afternoon... I'm beat. lol

ChickenLips
05-25-2023, 05:25 PM
Oblique is still not healed, DR is sending me for a MRI and getting ultrasound and xray's on both my knees.
I'm not even close to 40 and falling apart... i need to start juicing lol

go for blood tests, in particular PSA and testosterone. you might be surprised. low T causes a bunch of probs, and doctors will say "it's normal for your age". Do you want to feel old or young?

Zutz2v
05-26-2023, 08:07 AM
go for blood tests, in particular PSA and testosterone. you might be surprised. low T causes a bunch of probs, and doctors will say "it's normal for your age". Do you want to feel old or young?

I’ll straight out say it, once I hit 35, I’m 100% going on TRT.

Zee
05-26-2023, 09:02 AM

Yeah man, i made a deal with my wife - as soon as I hit 40 i'm going on HRT. Only problem is finding a reliable DR to administer you the stuff in Canada.

ChickenLips
05-26-2023, 10:59 AM
Yeah man, i made a deal with my wife - as soon as I hit 40 i'm going on HRT. Only problem is finding a reliable DR to administer you the stuff in Canada.

https://www.trubalancehealthcare.com/

ChickenLips
05-26-2023, 11:08 AM

35 is a bit early for what becomes a lifelong treatment. Get annual testing so you can trend, below 400 free is where you might want to supplement. Same story with PSA. Single sample testing is a snapshot, trending is what is needed. One good indicator of low T is no longer waking up with morning wood. Being fit and lifting boosts natural T production.

Getting fat depresses T levels. Low T makes weight loss tougher. So getting fat and low T create a downward spiral. Lots of foods, soaps and other habits also depress T levels. Higher T levels make fat loss and muscle gain easier. It is possible to go on T supplementation short term (3 months) to aid in weight loss and fitness. No point if you're not lifting though. Cycling off after 3 months or so and natural production will rebound. Longer than that and you become dependant.

Obviously this is general info, results vary.

Jay Campbell is pretty authorative on the topic.

ChickenLips
05-26-2023, 01:20 PM
https://youtu.be/Vvp8QgHbmAg

ZR
05-29-2023, 09:37 AM
Good morning.
While wt loss has slowed down it's still moving in a positive direction, goal of 199 is only 3lbs away now. What has progressed at a quick rate, how my clothes no longer fit. ;)

ChickenLips
05-29-2023, 09:48 AM
I hit 175 this morning. Too light. My cheapo body composition scale says 19%. I doubt it's accurate, but it is repeatable so I'm trending down.

I stopped lifting while doing all my gardening work to spare my back but have retained my daily core exercises and twice weekly fitness sessions. Time to get back to lifting.

On another note, I added kegel exercises to my daily exercise routine which has made a "big" difference in "pitching the tent". I was skeptical, but downloaded an app and follow the routine. In the course of 3 weeks there's been a significant difference.

UnlimitedTraction
06-13-2023, 09:39 PM
I used to go to the gym pretty regularly but stopped during the pandemic. During the pandemic I got a disease.... called laziness... and it spread throughout my body. Anyhow, getting back into eating healthy and going to the gym regularly :)

ChickenLips
06-14-2023, 08:25 AM
Conscious effort in diet and exercise is contrary to human nature. We're here because our ancestors survived scarcity through conservation of energy. Laziness is hardwired.

Zee
06-14-2023, 09:07 AM
35 is a bit early for what becomes a lifelong treatment. Get annual testing so you can trend, below 400 free is where you might want to supplement. Same story with PSA. Single sample testing is a snapshot, trending is what is needed. One good indicator of low T is no longer waking up with morning wood. Being fit and lifting boosts natural T production.

Getting fat depresses T levels. Low T makes weight loss tougher. So getting fat and low T create a downward spiral. Lots of foods, soaps and other habits also depress T levels. Higher T levels make fat loss and muscle gain easier. It is possible to go on T supplementation short term (3 months) to aid in weight loss and fitness. No point if you're not lifting though. Cycling off after 3 months or so and natural production will rebound. Longer than that and you become dependant.

Obviously this is general info, results vary.

Jay Campbell is pretty authorative on the topic.

I've suffered from lower T levels all my life. My father has very low T levels and I inherited the lovely gene.
I'm at 430 free testosterone as of 2 weeks ago... at 37, I definitely have to start supplementing.

ChickenLips
06-14-2023, 09:20 AM
I've suffered from lower T levels all my life. My father has very low T levels and I inherited the lovely gene.
I'm at 430 free testosterone as of 2 weeks ago... at 37, I definitely have to start supplementing.

430 is still in the green, 37 is very young. Get as fit as possible, squat and deadlift. Lifting heavy stuff increases T

ChickenLips
07-02-2023, 11:36 AM

ZR
07-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Still making positive progress here.
:)

xeninworx
07-02-2023, 10:55 PM
Bad carbs:

ChickenLips
07-03-2023, 01:48 AM
I'm offended

Old Fart
07-03-2023, 11:20 AM
40 pounds weight loss. In previous posts I said that it would be my ideal weight, but there is more weight to lose. So I'll carry on and see where it will take me!

ChickenLips
07-03-2023, 11:48 AM
your ideal "fighting weight" is surprisingly low.

I'm at 6' tall 175, bodyfat in the teens, and moderately muscular/active. I'm way beyond getting in the ring but am thinking if I were to train for an MMA, or boxing I'd probably need to be high 160's to be at max fitness. Crazy considering in my football days I was 225 and pretty fit, but a lot more muscle.

what bugs me most is loose skin on my abs. I could reduce a few more for a 6 pack but all the years of having a layer and loss of collagen with age have left me with a bit of loose skin.

ZR
07-16-2023, 08:39 AM
Morning all.
Progress for me remains nothing but positive. Wt has levelled off at 200 but clothes continue to fit better. I don't put an ounce of faith in projected ideal wt numbers, feel it would take an unrealistic (for me) push to see me drop further, pretty damm happy where I am even happier I've been able to maintain.

ChickenLips
07-16-2023, 09:18 AM
I hit 172 and 18% BF. I'm not even dieting, just being super active, eating fresh veggies from my gardens daily and sticking to one meal a day. When my hydration is low I've got a 6 pack.

I am very aware of my macro's. A few years ago I spent 6-9 months on strict intermittent fasting and keto. What I learned from that was macro control. I no longer measure but simply know what to eat and how much depending on my days activity. Rest days more fats and proteins, activity days more carbs. My diet is so basic I know which veggie will produce a particular result, and how much. I haven't had fast food in eons, although my GF occasionally orders a pizza and I don't say no. She also "poisons" me with the occasional confection. I can't have temptation in the house so I do without here at home, so even when craving something out of bounds it's a monumental effort to go get it, and my inherent laziness saves me.

My athletic performance is at an all time high.

ZR
07-16-2023, 10:40 AM
While my portions are dramatically smaller, eat bulk of what I want but have cut out absolute crap like pop n sugary stuff like pastries etc. For me, gone are the days of yo yo dieting, level wt n feeling better is awesome. Tossing fat guy clothes out, epic.

ZR
08-23-2023, 08:16 AM
Morning to all.
Progress is slow but continues to head in the right direction. I'm now 2lbs off my target and feeling good about it. Timeline is pretty much dead on a yr since I started and the future is looking bright, finally figured out what works for me. If an antique like me can do it, zero doubt you can to.

ChickenLips
08-23-2023, 01:27 PM
I'm down to 17% BF according to my highly accurate bathroom scale and routinely come in at 168, which is the lightest I've been in memory. Pretty strong and fit, to the point I'm injuring myself from applying too much power in exercises

Snaketamer
08-23-2023, 02:45 PM
I've seemed to have put on a few pounds in the last month or so. Clothes aren't fitting any tighter... so, gonna chock it up to putting on some muscle. Bike rides have steadily gotten longer and more intense with hill climbs, although don't feel as wasted as before. Used to average about 35-45km rides. Now, averaging 50-60km's. Just have to work on doing some weights.

RedSN
08-23-2023, 04:08 PM
Used to average about 35-45km rides. Now, averaging 50-60km's.
Average speed increased? Or going out for longer rides?

Snaketamer
08-23-2023, 05:37 PM
Average speed increased? Or going out for longer rides?

Actually, both have increased. Average speed in the spring was 22km/h and now I'm up to 24km/h. The length of ride is what I was alluding to...so, gained about 10-15klm's per ride.

Gabe
08-25-2023, 09:33 AM
Actually, both have increased. Average speed in the spring was 22km/h and now I'm up to 24km/h. The length of ride is what I was alluding to...so, gained about 10-15klm's per ride.

Great to hear, consistency is pretty important for cycling and it sounds like you have been keeping it up for the entire season.

I don't have weight issues, but have previously had some severe respiratory issues that required me to have open lung surgery in September 2021. Last year was a pretty good year for me on the bike, but have seen more improvement this year and hoping it continues and I can get back to where I was pre-respiratory issues which was around 2018

Snaketamer
08-25-2023, 09:54 AM
Thanks, Gabe... yep, been trying to push myself and keep improving.
Happy to hear you are returning to form after such a setback. :thumbsup:

ZR
10-03-2023, 09:04 AM
Good morning, time for another update. While I'm still a 1-2lbs off my target, weight has remained constant and I continue to feel better. In the past, could not get down this low let alone maintain it. Since starting on this journey, at -70lbs.

Gabe
10-03-2023, 09:18 AM
wow, good for you Rick!

ZR
10-20-2023, 07:13 PM
In at the doctor today for results of recent blood work. My A1C continues to be 100% stable as are rest of my stats. Doc is super pleased at the progress I've made in a relatively short time, pretty happy myself. It would seem cutting crap outta your life can make a huge change even without additional exercise. Gonna keep doing what I'm doing.

MUSTANGWOP
10-21-2023, 06:31 PM
Great news Rick, congratulations!

ChickenLips
10-21-2023, 06:53 PM
what's A1C?

never mind, google answered.

ZR
10-29-2023, 08:38 PM
While clothes continue to fit better my weight is holding fast just a .6lb above my target. Life is good and eating better has turned into feeling 100% natural vs feeling like I'm missing out.

ChickenLips
10-30-2023, 07:17 AM
I expanded my vegetable gardens. Been eating out of my gardens daily since early summer and have enough stored away for a few more months. Not sure is it's placebo but I feel pretty good eating my backyard organic. I expanded as an inflation hedge and for a measure of food security, but health is a side benefit.

ZR
11-19-2023, 11:26 PM
Still making good progress here. No wt change but clothes continue to get larger...............life is ok.

ChickenLips
12-21-2023, 07:29 AM

ZR
12-21-2023, 07:35 AM
Hope others are still seeing a positive journey. For me, my weight has never been this stable in my life.

Old Fart
12-21-2023, 12:38 PM
Feeling great here as well but plateaued between 230-235 lbs. Waiting on mother nature to provide me with my winter exercise, lol.

ChickenLips
12-21-2023, 02:59 PM
I've been OMAD for a couple of years, not super strict but about 80-90% of the time. The latest thinking is that this will make me protein deficient. I went to a low of 165 in the summer (too skinny, but ripped) and am now at 175, more muscle, less defined. Strength and endurance are good. My diet is pretty consistent and I can notice when a particular food or drink is introduced as it affects functions. I'm leaning towards upping my protein just to see what happens. Too bad my gardens don't grow protein.

ZR
12-21-2023, 06:22 PM
Feeling great here as well but plateaued between 230-235 lbs. Waiting on mother nature to provide me with my winter exercise, lol.

Best of news.

ZR
01-01-2024, 07:31 PM
UPDATE.

Wt remains steady n feeling ok, life is good. It's the new year, no better time to toss those sugary snacks n get back to eating better..............you know you wanna.

ChickenLips
01-02-2024, 10:00 AM
I drink a decent amount of coffee and like it slightly sweetened. I've been using stevia for several years now. It's natural, extracted from a leaf. There's many different brands and several that have added flavors etc. I went through several different brands before finding one that suited my palate.

If you want a sweetener try stevia.

Processed sugars aren't good.

I also noticed a pretty big improvement in overall "feeling good" when my consumption of processed foods declined. I vastly expanded my garden and am still eating home grown "organic" veggies daily.

Dairy and wheat gluten are known to cause inflammation. I've mostly eliminated them. I'll still have a slice of pizza on occasion, and ice cream a couple times a year, but it's down to the point where if I do eat processed, dairy, wheat, I feel the difference the next day. You don't need to be super strict, but reducing intake where possible makes a difference.

1986stangfan
01-04-2024, 11:25 PM
Finally found and acquired met dream dumbbell set. The 110-150s will be disassembled and painted to match in the summer, but for the time being they are functional and I am thrilled https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240105/a3b51dac8f4f43adde39ceaaa6475d64.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240105/85711d4a3cd2c6e267ea9d5f325fcb37.jpg

Gabe
01-05-2024, 12:34 AM
That’s amazing, not an easy piece to add to the collection/ set

ZR
01-05-2024, 10:35 AM
Well it happened, dropped below 200 today.
If you think you need fancy this that or the other thing to drop wt, you don't. Just stop pouring tons of stuff (that we all know is no good for you) into your body and the wt loss will follow. Down north of 70lbs now by only cutting out the absolute shiat outta my diet. No pop, no candy, no sweets (NO CHEAT DAYS PERIOD), eating appropriate portions and thats it.
If I can do it.............your a cinch to succeed. Key is getting started n sticking with it.

Old Fart
01-05-2024, 11:43 AM
Cool...congrats!!

Gabe
01-05-2024, 11:48 AM
That's amazing Rick, good for you

Blackmare
01-05-2024, 11:52 AM
Congrats Rick!

1986stangfan
01-05-2024, 04:32 PM
Well it happened, dropped below 200 today.
If you thing you need fancy this that or the other thing to drop wt, you don't. Just stop pouring tons of stuff (that we all know is no good for you) into your body and the wt loss will follow. Down north of 70lbs now by only cutting out the absolute shiat outta my diet. No pop, no candy, no sweets (NO CHEAT DAYS PERIOD), eating appropriate portions and thats it.
If I can do it.............your a cinch to succeed. Key is getting started n sticking with it.

Way to go!!!