PDA

View Full Version : Front air vent not working, Vacuum leak

363GT
04-26-2015, 04:32 PM
I've been having issues accelerating "Bogging, loss of power" At first I thought it was a spark or fuel issue but just the other day I realized my front air vent's weren't blowing air, just the defrost vent's would. It may just be my imagination but I can hear a slight whistle sound near the driver side valve cover/fuel rail "may not be exact spot, hard to tell with car so loud lol" Ive sprayed vacuum lines with carb cleaner and no luck, kinda afraid to spray to much and start a fire lol No fire extinguisher.

What I'd like to know, is this "No air coming from front vents/vacuum leak" the cause of my bogging, loss of power? Or do I have multiple problem's here? I'am loosing sleep over this dam car lol

Any help would be appreciated! Cheer's!

KIDAGIN
04-26-2015, 04:44 PM
year model would be good to know

363GT
04-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Sorry, 94 GT

ZR
04-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Disconnect / plug the vac line that runs to your HVAC controls n see if it runs any different, sincerely doubt thats your running issues but it could be a contributing factor.

363GT
04-26-2015, 06:04 PM
Disconnect / plug the vac line that runs to your HVAC controls n see if it runs any different, sincerely doubt thats your running issues but it could be a contributing factor.

Ok i'll check it out tomorrow after work and let you know. This problem has been going on for a while, the last part that I've replaced was the ECT sensor. I thought the problem was solved until about an hour of driving it started acting up again but not as severe. Before it was 10x worse and would act up after 10 minutes of warming up. I had to have the car tuned to pass etest, something got to hot so my fear is more than one problem is the culprit.

ZR
04-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Based on that, not that vac line.
List of mods?

363GT
04-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Based on that, not that vac line.
List of mods?

Dart iron eagle block 363ci
AFR Heads
steel crank
forged rods, pistons
trickflow lower and upper intake
SCT custom chip
SCT 90mm Mass air
44lbs injectors
bbk longtubes

And bunch of other crap. Anything you need to know in particular? I don't see how that specific problem couldnt be a vac line.. At one point it would blow very little air on high setting, now its nothing at all. The worst thing of all is the engine light will come on steady and shut off like it fixed itself, " If my foot is on the pedal while engine light is on, when it shuts off... instantly I can feel the power back in the car" I was told that a normal hand held scanner wont read the codes being a radical motor... It may throw a code but might not necessarily be the right one.

Old Fart
04-26-2015, 06:20 PM
At one point it would blow very little air on high setting, now its nothing at all.

Would that not be a blower (fan) issue?

363GT
04-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Would that not be a blower (fan) issue?

It blows air full blast out of defrost vent.

Stephen06GT
04-26-2015, 07:06 PM
I can't offer anything on the drivability issue, but I do have a thought on the vent issue. On my old 96GT there was a "resistor" in behind the glove box that crapped out, and when it did the fan would only blow through the defrost. It might be worth a look.

363GT
04-29-2015, 04:57 PM
94 Mustang Gt :Upon inspection, this is what I came up with... I've got no idea what this part is and notice the other end has no hose, that hose is no where to be found. This is located passenger side firewall.

Also with these style breather caps theyre leaking oil so there is a vacuum leak, correct? Iam no mechanic! Hope somebody is able to help me out, it's been a headache.