PDA

View Full Version : lowering 2012 v6, is this the bare minimum parts I need?

Perspicacity
05-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

I have a 2012 v6 and it's my daily driver that's driven all year round. Looking to lower the vehicle as its too bumpy and floaty for my tastes. I have 27000KM on it, so not that much.

I am on a budget and just want to get all the parts I need in one time. Do the parts look compatible with each other and is this the absolute bare minimum I need? I am also getting LCAs to get rid of the clunky and squeaking sound. I don't track the car and drive it normally, so not looking for performance improvement, just looking for an overall sturdier and smoother drive.

Does anyone know a good shop in Toronto to install these? I know there's DaSilva and Steeda but they're to far for me. How much do you think labour would cost? Thanks.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t56/katakonik/parts_zps0paoxwvh.png

Intmdtr
05-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the site. Why not try one of our site sponsors for ordering your parts. They can look up everything for your vehicle and may even be able to save you some money in the process.

Dasilvas has the odd dollar for dollar sale and steeda offers free shipping on most things inside ontario.....just a thought.

As for installers there are many around, depending on your location.

ZR
05-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Anything with SR performance on the box, run.
Make the rear bar adjustable to recenter the diff.
If the budget will allow, step up to Bilsteins all round.

Armen
05-17-2015, 01:46 PM
All I did on my 2012 GT convertible was swap out the springs (Ford Racing P springs, only 1" drop) and it drove just fine. No issues at all.

fast Ed
05-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Don't need the lower rear arms, but if you do want the change them the OEM GT-500 arms are a good value for a street car. As Rick mentioned, you need to spend the extra for an adjustable panhard bar, no point to changing it unless it can be adjusted to centre your axle after the lowering. FRPP springs are a better bet for not much more $$.

cheers
Ed

Uncle Buck
05-18-2015, 07:03 AM
If it were mine I'd do the following

Steeda Ultra Lite Springs or BMR Non progressive springs
Bilstein struts and shocks
Camber bolts
Adjustable panhard bar any brand will do
Do the LCAs later

I'd estimate installation to be $300-$400 plus $75 for the alignment

allicedout
05-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Had Ford "K" springs on my 05 GT and H&R on my 2011 GT. Was happy with both, I'd steer clear of the SR springs, not worth the aggravation believe me!