PDA

View Full Version : vortech pulley issue

superstiles
06-11-2015, 08:13 PM
ok so i had my motor rebuilt i had a new harmonic balancer installed proffesional products part#ms8007.the problem now is the crank pulley does not line up about a inch in to far has anybody else had this issue with a aftermarket balancer do i need to use a stock one?the supercharger is a vortech vsi.

ZR
06-11-2015, 08:50 PM
If your talking small block Ford, spacers available to get you lined back up.

ZR
06-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Found em on Summit. I'm sure any of the club sponsor speed shops could get what you need.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/search/product-line/ford-racing-crankshaft-pulley-spacers

superstiles
06-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Found em on Summit. I'm sure any of the club sponsor speed shops could get what you need.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/search/product-line/ford-racing-crankshaft-pulley-spacers

tks rick any tricks on how to get the proper measurment? This was suppose to be a simple rebuild turning into a large headache! tks again bob

ZR
06-11-2015, 09:04 PM
1- Look at P Products site to see if they show the correct one

2- If not, look at the spacers available, figure out roughly what you need. Find something the thickness you figure is required (stack of washers or perhaps a next size up nut), gently snug the pulley and use a straight edge from the water pump to measure where your at. Adjust plus or minus until your dead on, order the correct spacer.

Intmdtr
06-11-2015, 09:07 PM
you could hang a plum bob off the supercharger pulley and then use a straight edge of the balancer to get your measurement in inches. Had to do this for a buddys car.

superstiles
06-11-2015, 09:23 PM
1- Look at P Products site to see if they show the correct one

2- If not, look at the spacers available, figure out roughly what you need. Find something the thickness you figure is required (stack of washers or perhaps a next size up nut), gently snug the pulley and use a straight edge from the water pump to measure where your at. Adjust plus or minus until your dead on, order the correct spacer.

tks again e mail sent to them.

superstiles
06-12-2015, 07:21 PM
tks again guys we have a great group.special tks to scott for maching the spacer for me.

ZR
06-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Good deal, not get it finished up will ya.

superstiles
06-13-2015, 10:52 AM
Good deal, not get it finished up will ya.

that's the plan. i'm more then antzy to get behind the wheel again