PDA

View Full Version : Pros n Cons, Meth kit

Whitehot
07-17-2015, 06:48 AM
I am considering a Snow Meth/water kit for my 99GT, Superchaged with Vortech. Am wondering the pros n cons of the Alcohol. Lookin at loosing the Vortech after cooler, freeing up some under the hood air space and weight... Just not sure of the cost effectiveness of the meth kit? What are your thoughts, experience with this??.. thx....

Laffs
07-17-2015, 02:40 PM
If you want to sell your aftercooler setup I'm interested.

FWIW I have a snow boost activated stage 2 kit, works well, was cheap compared to buying an Aftercooler new. I just would like the ability to run an aftercooler in conjunction with a killer chiller.

Down sides are mainly filling the tank and getting the meth/boost juice. Also getting it tuned for Meth.

NickD
07-17-2015, 04:13 PM
not the most educated on the subject but from what I read meth is a lot more tempermental
you need to make sure the mix is right, make sure your not empty etc
I think if you were to use it keep the water to air or get a nice air to air and run meth on top

Whitehot
07-17-2015, 05:37 PM
?? What FWIW mean?..lol

Ray721
07-17-2015, 05:46 PM
?? What FWIW mean?..lol

For What It's Worth.

ZR
07-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Early / cheapo kits = unreliable, later stuff has been fine.

TurboFox
07-19-2015, 04:43 PM
not the most educated on the subject but from what I read meth is a lot more tempermental
you need to make sure the mix is right, make sure your not empty etc
I think if you were to use it keep the water to air or get a nice air to air and run meth on top
Lol my mix is different every time and its fine. I wouldnt be too concerned

Tailites
07-19-2015, 08:45 PM
not the most educated on the subject

do the research & get back to us..

Tailites
07-20-2015, 08:08 PM
I really get POed with the guys that never get their hands dirty & never experiment with their cars...

but somehow try to become some sort of authority on ANY topic

yes...Ive blown my share of head gaskets...& until you have been there...

you really have no clue...(not pointing fingers here)...just trying to help really

in fact...Ive called my ol turbo Fox body the lab rat many times...

this was posted on the other Mustang site...dealing with methanol injection

and because Im mostly a nice guy I decided it should be in this thread

read EVERY word...its the gospel...http://www.alternativeauto.com/Water_Box/Entries/2005/11/21_Methanol_Injection.html

oh ya...theres several pages...dont miss any