PDA

View Full Version : Cold start issues

maxwell6
11-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Is there any way to improve cold start problem. I have new plugs,new fuel pumps and filter. Good presure at rail. Using NGK TR6 plugs oem coils. Is there a better recommended plug.

Old Fart
11-08-2015, 10:54 PM
What year? Would need to elaborate on issue.

ZR
11-08-2015, 11:02 PM
If your running PPRV delete, not uncommon to roll over a bunch of turns before it'll fire on cold start, fine the rest of the day though. Some are way more prone vs others. If you feel it's not that, good idea to check coolant temp sensor readings when dead nuts cold.

maxwell6
11-08-2015, 11:43 PM
Thanks ZR it will take some getting use to. I'm sure it is the pprv delete. I'm just used to quit starting I get pissed with all the turning over. It could take 4 or 5 tries before it starts. But only on first start up of the day. Then it fires up fine.

ZR
11-09-2015, 05:34 AM
When cold, have you tried switching the key to on, wait for a few seconds, key off, key on and wait a second then try to start? Normal with PPRV delete, longer to much longer cranking time plus maybe some stumbling from the engine for a couple or three seconds. Odd part, some are dramatically worse vs others.

maxwell6
11-09-2015, 06:17 AM
yes i tried key on off three times then start with no difference. Good to know it is common,Thanks.