PDA

View Full Version : Hill assist

Black Sheep
11-21-2015, 12:17 AM
Is there a way to disable the hill assist on a 14 Shelby? That shit screws me up all the time.

ZR
11-21-2015, 01:29 AM
From the www.

Disabling and Enabling the Hill Start Assist Feature
Your vehicle comes with hill start assist already enabled. If desired, you can disable the feature by following the procedure below.
The following procedure must be completed within 45 seconds or the process will have to be repeated. Begin this procedure with the ignition turned off. This procedure is for both disabling and enabling the hill start assist system.
1. Apply the parking brake (http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=parking+brake) to make sure the vehicle is not moving.
2. Turn the ignition on.
3. Place the vehicle in neutral gear.
4. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – make sure the brake pedal is completely released each time.
5. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the right and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
6. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the left and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
7. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – ensure the brake pedal is completely released each time.

When the procedure has been completed successfully, the ABS icon in the instrument cluster will flash:
• three times indicating that the feature has been disabled.
• twice indicating it has been enabled.
Once the feature is programmed as desired, it will remain in that mode until the above procedure is repeated.

Note: When the AdvanceTrac® system is disabled (see the Traction Control chapter in your owner’s manual for information on how to do this), the hill start assist feature is also disabled for the duration that the AdvanceTrac® system is in that mode. Re-enabling AdvanceTrac® will also re-enable hill start assist.

Note: If you have used the above procedure to disable the hill start assist feature, then enabling or disabling AdvanceTrac® will not effect the hill start assist system.

Tailites
11-21-2015, 06:35 AM
& ya do the hokey pokey...thats what its all about...

ridiculous...a simple disable switch would have done the job

Ponyryd
11-21-2015, 09:11 AM
^Imagine for a minute how much that one switch would cost to make, wire, install, test, etc.....software to do the same thing is very cheap by comparison.

That procedure should be done with the car running, or front end up on jackstands.

Ray721
11-21-2015, 09:43 AM
That's that bullshit.

Just Put more miles on the car. I got used to it. Still screws up Michaela every time lol. Just be a little more "clutchy" on hills.

R3troGT
11-21-2015, 10:20 AM
In my 15 GT I just go to a setting menu and turn it on or off. Takes 30 seconds.

Black Sheep
11-21-2015, 10:32 AM
That's that bullshit.

Just Put more miles on the car. I got used to it. Still screws up Michaela every time lol. Just be a little more "clutchy" on hills.

the issue is that i have a couple standard cars. going from one to the other, with and without, really messes me up.

Black Sheep
11-21-2015, 10:33 AM
From the www.

Disabling and Enabling the Hill Start Assist Feature
Your vehicle comes with hill start assist already enabled. If desired, you can disable the feature by following the procedure below.
The following procedure must be completed within 45 seconds or the process will have to be repeated. Begin this procedure with the ignition turned off. This procedure is for both disabling and enabling the hill start assist system.
1. Apply the parking brake (http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=parking+brake) to make sure the vehicle is not moving.
2. Turn the ignition on.
3. Place the vehicle in neutral gear.
4. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – make sure the brake pedal is completely released each time.
5. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the right and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
6. Rotate the steering wheel at least one full turn to the left and return the steering wheel to the original starting position.
7. Slowly press and release the brake pedal five times – ensure the brake pedal is completely released each time.

When the procedure has been completed successfully, the ABS icon in the instrument cluster will flash:
• three times indicating that the feature has been disabled.
• twice indicating it has been enabled.
Once the feature is programmed as desired, it will remain in that mode until the above procedure is repeated.

Note: When the AdvanceTrac® system is disabled (see the Traction Control chapter in your owner’s manual for information on how to do this), the hill start assist feature is also disabled for the duration that the AdvanceTrac® system is in that mode. Re-enabling AdvanceTrac® will also re-enable hill start assist.

Note: If you have used the above procedure to disable the hill start assist feature, then enabling or disabling AdvanceTrac® will not effect the hill start assist system.

wow. thanks. ya think they would have a button in the menu.

ZR
11-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Set up Martin has makes much more sense.

ZR
11-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Just as moronic, having to program TPMS sensors to your vehicle and how convoluted it is on some.

Tailites
11-21-2015, 10:38 AM
cars are getting stupid complicated...

cars that drive themselves is the latest technology...

"sorry officer the computer made me do it"...

just wait till situations like this hit the courts...perfect

maybe it was the Chinese manufactered PCM that quit...

RedSN
11-21-2015, 11:02 AM
In my 15 GT I just go to a setting menu and turn it on or off. Takes 30 seconds.
The above noted procedure only takes 45 seconds. .......or you have to start over again.

Ray721
11-21-2015, 12:44 PM
the issue is that i have a couple standard cars. going from one to the other, with and without, really messes me up.

I have 4 standard cars. Mustang is the only one with it. [emoji1]

The FJ is a bitch to get moving on a hill because the clutch might have been hazed a year or so ago. It chatters pretty good taking off. But it's still Rollin. Throw out bearing has been chirping away for 4 years. Toyota said it had to be replaced 100,000 km ago. LMAO!

Also my first post was supposed to quote that rigmarole that Rick posted but it didn't happen.

hsousa88
11-21-2015, 02:38 PM
So wait.. there's no button on the new fords to disable hill start? Thats retarded. Good job Ford.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Ray721
11-21-2015, 05:14 PM
So wait.. there's no button on the new fords to disable hill start? Thats retarded. Good job Ford.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

You think that's retarded. My 2006 GT couldn't open the trunk from inside the car. There was no trunk button!!! Wtf

hsousa88
11-21-2015, 06:32 PM
You think that's retarded. My 2006 GT couldn't open the trunk from inside the car. There was no trunk button!!! Wtf
Lol I knew about that.. but I thought hill start was pretty standard these days. My jeep had a disable option and so does my ram.

Edit: also, all trucks should come with some kind of bed lighting.

R3troGT
11-21-2015, 06:40 PM
also, all trucks should come with some kind of bed lighting.

The 2015+ F150 's do

R3troGT
11-21-2015, 06:43 PM
The above noted procedure only takes 45 seconds. .......or you have to start over again.

And how many tries do you think it is going to take most people ;)

Tailites
11-21-2015, 11:28 PM
And how many tries do you think it is going to take most people ;)

long enough to douse it with gas & burn it with fire...

what a stupid design...