PDA

View Full Version : BBK Long Tube Headers Vs BBK Shorty Headers

TTOPEH
11-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Hey All!

So the motor is coming out of my car (1986 GT T-Top) and a recently rebuilt 302 is going in instead. I am starting to look at headers to replace the 30 year old stockers.

I am being told that long tubes are a biatch to put in even with the motor being out. I have also been told that long tubes make the most power.

My questions is, would the power difference justify enough to go with Long Tubes? Are they that much of a pain to put in?

It's causing me to flip flop back and forth. I am also wanting to go X-pipe with cats.

If anyone has BBK headers for sale and X-pipe please let me know as well.

Thanks!

Tailites
11-26-2015, 02:59 PM
MM&FFs did a shootout years ago between LTs & shorties...

yes there was some gain from LTs...but it wasnt a lot

just put shorties in there

more info...http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/29618-short-long-tube-headers-test/

94stang87
11-26-2015, 03:12 PM
If the engine is out go long tubes , the BBK's slide right in when putting the engine back in, pay the extra too and get the ceramic headers,

tulowd
11-26-2015, 06:42 PM
In general terms, shortys are the way to go for more torque and less bullshiat.

If you have a real motor and are making real power, shorties will limit your power, say anything above 300 rwhp. When's the last time someone built a real fast car with shorties?

Note: If using a blower, shorties are not as restrictive as on a high reving N/A motor.

Tailites
11-26-2015, 10:57 PM
In general terms, shortys are the way to go for more torque and less bullshiat.

When's the last time someone built a real fast car with shorties?

I'd say...the last time someone flipped a set over & hung 2 hair dryers off em...:)

onDjuice
11-26-2015, 11:17 PM
Long tubes for the win. If your making lots of hp only way to go. Lose alittle tq down low make up for it up high..

tulowd
11-26-2015, 11:23 PM
I'd say...the last time someone flipped a set over & hung 2 hair dryers off em...:)

I don't think the OP is looking at blow drying :)

HyperGT
11-27-2015, 12:04 AM
plus LT sound amazing. I went with them on my 88 and current ride. I would do them everytime.