View Full Version : Oil cooler shots for BAB CObra

ZR
02-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Removed Cobra oil filter adapter / cooler assembly and replaced with a 2v external oil cooler version that I had modd'd by Darren at Rev n High.
First attempt was a cooler approx 2/3 of this size. Worked ok but temps would eventually head high.
Opted for the current version, as stated, temps under control no matter the outside temps or how hard it's driven.

ZR
02-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Shots of the modd'd adapter plus part number. Found it new off ebay.

ZR
02-01-2016, 10:42 AM
You could do it another way. Stay with stock oil filter adapter, use MM or similar flat take off adapter, run lines to a remote oil filter, then to cooler and back. I've also got a very trick remote oil filter adapter with a built in thermostat with two in / two out nipples.

BAB CObra
02-01-2016, 10:47 AM
You could do it another way. Stay with stock oil filter adapter, use MM or similar flat take off adapter, run lines to a remote oil filter, then to cooler and back. I've also got a very trick remote oil filter adapter with a built in thermostat with two in / two out nipples.

Hmm what would you charge for something like this.. :0 maybe i can drive this thing to toronto to have some fun 401 pulls

RedSN
02-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the pic of the oil cooler location. How much of a PITA was that? I assume you installed it with the bumper cover off?

TheMustangShow
02-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Hmm what would you charge for something like this.. :0 maybe i can drive this thing to toronto to have some fun 401 pulls

Time your trip for around a Track Day and come and get passed. :)

BAB CObra
02-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Time your trip for around a Track Day and come and get passed. :)

Not sure anyone will be passing me with the MM full suspension kit for an SRA.. and Tier 3 driver at ford.

TheMustangShow
02-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Not sure anyone will be passing me with the MM full suspension kit for an SRA.. and Tier 1 driver at ford.

Lmao!

BAB CObra
02-01-2016, 12:52 PM
yea.. you gotta get certfied .. and its hella fun to get cert..
meant to say tier 3.. lol.. 1 anyone can get.

going for tier 4 if it gets approved

tulowd
02-01-2016, 01:46 PM
yea.. you gotta get certfied .. and its hella fun to get cert..
meant to say tier 3.. lol.. 1 anyone can get.

going for tier 4 if it gets approved

Can you pls explain what those test requirements and performance metrics are?

ZR
02-01-2016, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the pic of the oil cooler location. How much of a PITA was that? I assume you installed it with the bumper cover off?

It's a pita but worth the effort. Yes had to remove bumper cover to properly fit.

BAB CObra
02-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Can you pls explain what those test requirements and performance metrics are?

what do you mean?
the different tier

Tier 1 is just basics and track safety
2 is driver competency and wet track snow and skid pad and emergency manuevers at high speeds along with track practice and also how to take corners and all.. basically dynamic driving
3 is track driver training and more of the above.. and you have to have this for 5 years before you move onto 4 where it is basically you are cert driver for any track and learning all driving skills to the max.. so basically learning how to race a superduty.. high COG cars and doing manuevers in that beast

tulowd
02-02-2016, 01:50 PM
what do you mean?
the different tier

Tier 1 is just basics and track safety
2 is driver competency and wet track snow and skid pad and emergency manuevers at high speeds along with track practice and also how to take corners and all.. basically dynamic driving
3 is track driver training and more of the above.. and you have to have this for 5 years before you move onto 4 where it is basically you are cert driver for any track and learning all driving skills to the max.. so basically learning how to race a superduty.. high COG cars and doing manuevers in that beast

I tried googling it and nothing came up other than 200 mph drives are by level 4 guys only.

How much on-track time is required to get a certificate and how does it compare to getting a Bridgestone F2000 School accredation or a Pro Racing License, for example.

BAB CObra
02-02-2016, 02:42 PM
well you have to work at ford to get our tier driving.. you cant pay for it.

many hours are needed...
2.5 for one and then there are about 80-200 hours for tier 2/3 each
and about 200 for 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno what a bridgestone F200 or pro racing license is.. but i can do anything they can and more.

TheMustangShow
02-02-2016, 03:25 PM

many hours are needed...
and about 200 for 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno what a bridgestone F200 or pro racing license is.. but i can do anything they can and more.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif

tulowd
02-02-2016, 07:59 PM

many hours are needed...
and about 200 for 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that's a lot of hours to get tiered up to 3 or 4...hours of doing what exactly, and is there a test or do you just have to log the hours ?
Wondering how you know you "can do anything and more" if you don't know what a Pro Racing License is. Fast Ed may be able to chime in here.
Have you driven on a track with other, slower cars around you? In the rain? In the snow? On slicks in the rain with other, slower cars around you?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 08:28 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif

right i am sorry mustangshow is the stig.. no one else can be.

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Wow, that's a lot of hours to get tiered up to 3 or 4...hours of doing what exactly, and is there a test or do you just have to log the hours ?
Wondering how you know you "can do anything and more" if you don't know what a Pro Racing License is. Fast Ed may be able to chime in here.
Have you driven on a track with other, slower cars around you? In the rain? In the snow? On slicks in the rain with other, slower cars around you?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

well that includes keeping the tier level.. you gotta drive here to keep it.. yea there is a test with the other tier instructors and then log hours too.
Yes i have driven on track with other cars and slower cars around test cars around.
skid pads, rain, snow, everything. basically i would assume it would be the same kinda licence you get when you want to race professionally as some of our tier 4 drivers do it with just that certification.

to get it thought i have to get a director to approve of me moving from 3 to 4.. so gotta work that angle.. it costs Ford quite a bit of money to get tier 4 drivers.

so looking at my documents tier 2 is 2-2.5 hours 1 on one plus skid pad and emergency manuevers and handling track

Tier 3 is 8 hours of track handling and more skid pad and emergency manuevers and basically 8/10 of the cars ability and limits and controlled loss of control and then you have to keep the certification by logging hours. then other parts of things we have to do are high speed handling and so forth.. we have the test track right in our facility so its pretty cool.. we have to use a ton of different cars to do this.. focus/fiesta/stangs/flexs/ basically everything in our portfolio..

but its fun as hell and nice i dont have to pay for this crap and get paid to do it

ZR
02-03-2016, 08:36 AM
This looks like a bunch of fun.

http://rawautos.com/2009/08/ford-test-driver-for-a-day-driver-training-and-certification-program/

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 08:39 AM
This looks like a bunch of fun.

http://rawautos.com/2009/08/ford-test-driver-for-a-day-driver-training-and-certification-program/

yea.. thats the external one :) internal bit different.. as our tier drivers get to go track our cars for test at various tracks around the world to "test cars"

ZR
02-03-2016, 08:39 AM
Open and scroll down to the pdf doc, rotate clockwise, explanation of tier certification.

http://autodivahawaii.com/images/race_car_driver/Ford_Driving_Certification.pdf

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 08:45 AM
no worky here at work lol blocked.. but somehow tmc isnt lol

ZR
02-03-2016, 09:10 AM
JT, tried to get him to attend tmp, sorry he's busy. :)
Hope links work, fun read.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&page=2 (http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&page=2)

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&page=3 (http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc&page=3)

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 09:19 AM
lol

ZR
02-03-2016, 09:26 AM
FYI JT, dudes a Liberal!!

LOL

tulowd
02-03-2016, 09:35 AM
well that includes keeping the tier level.. you gotta drive here to keep it.. yea there is a test with the other tier instructors and then log hours too.
Yes i have driven on track with other cars and slower cars around test cars around.
skid pads, rain, snow, everything. basically i would assume it would be the same kinda licence you get when you want to race professionally as some of our tier 4 drivers do it with just that certification.

to get it thought i have to get a director to approve of me moving from 3 to 4.. so gotta work that angle.. it costs Ford quite a bit of money to get tier 4 drivers.

so looking at my documents tier 2 is 2-2.5 hours 1 on one plus skid pad and emergency manuevers and handling track

Tier 3 is 8 hours of track handling and more skid pad and emergency manuevers and basically 8/10 of the cars ability and limits and controlled loss of control and then you have to keep the certification by logging hours. then other parts of things we have to do are high speed handling and so forth.. we have the test track right in our facility so its pretty cool.. we have to use a ton of different cars to do this.. focus/fiesta/stangs/flexs/ basically everything in our portfolio..

but its fun as hell and nice i dont have to pay for this crap and get paid to do it

That's a lot of track time, you're a lucky guy. Where do we sign up? lol

The company I used to work for sponsored a Porsche Turbo Cup car, followed by the Ferrari F1 team, so we were motorsports supporters of the highest order. Perks of the corporate job included a tight relationship with Bridgestone Canada's Motorsports Department, which gave us a pile of F2000 open wheel track time, bunch of classroom training, some skid pad and control sessions, mixed with a few thousand laps driving an endurance Porsche 968 at Shannonville in all four season. Been auto crossing and doing HPDE in my street cars since 1984.

Looking forward to having you join us at the track. I know it's a haul for you, but still.....a few of us make it out 4 or 5x a season. Working on adding Calabogie and Virginia Intl to the mix. Have you driven Gingerman? That's on the to do list as well.

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 09:55 AM
That's a lot of track time, you're a lucky guy. Where do we sign up? lol

The company I used to work for sponsored a Porsche Turbo Cup car, followed by the Ferrari F1 team, so we were motorsports supporters of the highest order. Perks of the corporate job included a tight relationship with Bridgestone Canada's Motorsports Department, which gave us a pile of F2000 open wheel track time, bunch of classroom training, some skid pad and control sessions, mixed with a few thousand laps driving an endurance Porsche 968 at Shannonville in all four season. Been auto crossing and doing HPDE in my street cars since 1984.

Looking forward to having you join us at the track. I know it's a haul for you, but still.....a few of us make it out 4 or 5x a season. Working on adding Calabogie and Virginia Intl to the mix. Have you driven Gingerman? That's on the to do list as well.

i have done gingerman and waterford alot.. but our tracks are free and i dont have to use my car lol so that works best for me..

where to sign up? work here and get lucky or work here on svt or engines..

going up there would be hard.. depends on when and if.. kid #2 is due this year may 9.. so this year is a def no.. i am not even going to alley or dream cruise.. (as of yet lol) and thats local for me..

tulowd
02-03-2016, 10:20 AM
i have done gingerman and waterford alot.. but our tracks are free and i dont have to use my car lol so that works best for me..

going up there would be hard.. depends on when and if.. kid #2 is due this year may 9.. so this year is a def no.. i am not even going to alley or dream cruise.. (as of yet lol) and thats local for me..

Congrats on the upcoming big event!! (and for finding someone to procreate with ya a second time....my wife fled the scene of the first crime, lol)

I get it. My boy has been coming to the track with us for a few yrs and it is awesome to be able to share those times.

What's Gingerman like to drive in anger, and what have you thrashed there?

TheMustangShow
02-03-2016, 10:29 AM

You can breast feed @ the Track. http://www.saranaluas.com/images/goalflag.png

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 11:15 AM
You can breast feed @ the Track. http://www.saranaluas.com/images/goalflag.png

lol.. yea i bet but the wife wont haul up 4 hours.. and she could careless about sitting there to watch racing..
she wouldnt come and wont let me go..

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the upcoming big event!! (and for finding someone to procreate with ya a second time....my wife fled the scene of the first crime, lol)

I get it. My boy has been coming to the track with us for a few yrs and it is awesome to be able to share those times.

What's Gingerman like to drive in anger, and what have you thrashed there?

i drive every track in anger lol especially when its not your own car.

i have done a proto RS on there this year.. thats it. been busy with some engineering stuff for my program so havent had much time to hit it.

SVOMACH1
02-03-2016, 11:44 AM
How did you like the RS. Might be trading in the ST for one.

BAB CObra
02-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Super fun car but its quite expensive IMHO..