PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads...

Whitehot
03-18-2016, 07:28 AM
If I were to change my brake pads, which ones should I go with. She s ridin on Brembo 4 piston pads now, I believe there the pads that came with the system.... Just kickin round changin them???...

ZR
03-18-2016, 07:30 AM
While I choked at the price, impressed to no end with the Carbotech's I use at the track. Will be looking to them when I need the next set of street pads. Seen excellent results with EBS reds on the street.

RedSN
03-18-2016, 08:35 AM
^^^agreed. The EBS reds were great on the street. They vanished pretty quick on the track.

The Carbotech XP8's have been holding up great at the track. They are a bit much on the street.

juvehab
03-18-2016, 12:38 PM
how are EBC yellows on the street?

Intmdtr
03-18-2016, 03:36 PM
I have been looking at what brakes to throw in my cobra setup and thinking i might try the ebc reds too.

98 Snake
03-18-2016, 10:13 PM
i have ebc reds on my car and i really like them. They do seem to wear fast, i only have 3 lapping days on mine and they are over 50% worn. im gonna try the yellows next

Whitehot
03-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Yellow s last longer?? Mostly street, some track days, hope for ,ore track days this yr ;)

98 Snake
03-19-2016, 01:38 PM
I have around 1500 Kms on mine not sure if the yellows will last longer

tulowd
03-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Ran 2 sets of reds when I first drove the car - they are great for the street; no noise, no dust and stop pretty good in an emergency.
Fail on the track for me, but I drive real hard. Your experience may vary.

I ran a set of blues (one series above the yellows, Oranges were backordered) and they liked the track a bunch better with the cooling ducts installed as well.
Nowhere near the same deceleration or consistency as real track pads though.

I now run Hawk HP+ on the street ( a little dusty and squeaky) and Hawk DTC60 race pads with dedicated rotors at the track. Way better, and will last way longer, but expensive initial acquisition. Street pads don't work at the track, and track pads don't work on the street if you drive hard.
Having said that, it is possible if you have self control and certainly for initial sniff of what the road course is all about.

Keep in mind that TMP, DDT at Mosport and Shannonville are all EXTREMELY hard on brakes if you push your car, especially if you have a heavy, powerful car and run sticky tires.