PDA

View Full Version : 2001 console swap on 2000 GT vert, wiring help needed

Nghtrdr
03-27-2016, 09:54 PM
Hi
I have this 2001 centre console sitting behind my couch for the last 2 years collecting dust. The plan is to swap it to my 2000. I already did the radio bezel swap which works great.
I need wiring help. I want to wire my fog, defrost and traction control to the new switches. Does anyone know what wires go where, colour codes would be very helpful.

Also need the 2001 switch harnesses to do the rewire if anyone has some. Shoot me a pm please

Thanks guys
Dan

Harbinger
03-30-2016, 06:22 AM
I ended up using the old wiring harness from my 00 gt and putting it into the 2003 center console. I reused the foglight switch and relocated it to the coin holder. This might be the easiest way. You'll have to unravel some of the tape around the wiring harness to extend the cigarette lighter plugs that are also relocated when swapping to the other center console.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Nghtrdr
03-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Hi Harbinger
Mines a vert so I have an extra switch
I know it's been done before but several years back. Finding info is not easy
The plan is to rewire the traction control and fog lights using the 2001 switches. The roof switch will be where the coin holder would be. The defrost switch won't be used. I'll stick with the stock one. The other switch location is going to be used to secure the radio bezel to the main console frame to get rid of noise from panels moving. I will make a filler piece for it. Just need to find a screw cap set or another idea that I like.
I also played with the idea of using the defrost switch for my line lock but I think I prefer a toggle switch with lockout cover. Don't want the wife to hit the wrong switch while driving. Would not be good. Lol
Thanx for the idea on transplanting the old wire harness over to the console. I will be adding a second accessory plug on the outside where we have it on the 00. Wife needs more plugs on those long trips. I swear she would have the hair dryer going to if I allowed it..

Harbinger
03-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Hi Harbinger
Mines a vert so I have an extra switch
I know it's been done before but several years back. Finding info is not easy
The plan is to rewire the traction control and fog lights using the 2001 switches. The roof switch will be where the coin holder would be. The defrost switch won't be used. I'll stick with the stock one. The other switch location is going to be used to secure the radio bezel to the main console frame to get rid of noise from panels moving. I will make a filler piece for it. Just need to find a screw cap set or another idea that I like.
I also played with the idea of using the defrost switch for my line lock but I think I prefer a toggle switch with lockout cover. Don't want the wife to hit the wrong switch while driving. Would not be good. Lol
Thanx for the idea on transplanting the old wire harness over to the console. I will be adding a second accessory plug on the outside where we have it on the 00. Wife needs more plugs on those long trips. I swear she would have the hair dryer going to if I allowed it..
Oh right. I remember rewiring that vert plug to make the foglights turn on without having to run the headlights.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Harbinger
04-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Good luck with figuring stuff out ! Sounds like an interesting project

Nghtrdr
04-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Thnx
I will figure it out even if I have to sit at the work table with a tester all day. Lol
Would be nice if I didn't have to though. I'm sure someone has the info I need. If all else fails I'll just plug the 2001 bezel switch holes and cut the switches into the centre console