PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Hardware

Laffs
05-30-2016, 10:29 AM
So over the course of many installs/stereos/misc fuckery pretty much all the retaining hardware for my truck trim panels as walked off. Anyone know where I can find

- What types of fasteners are supposed to be there and where they are located?
- Replacements

LMR and AM only list the outside stuff none of the little trim parts.

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
05-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Which year / model is this for? I can check if it's still available from Ford or not.

Laffs
05-30-2016, 10:40 AM
2000 Mustang GT Convertible

Thanks!

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
05-30-2016, 10:50 AM
Looks like some are still available, some discontinued and gone.

Do you want to shoot me a p.m. with an email address that I can send the catalogue illustrations to? That way you can pick out the ones that you're after. I tried looking at 2000, then right up to 2004 to see if the discontinued ones were available as different number for the newer car, but would still work hopefully being SN95.

Laffs
05-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Looks like some are still available, some discontinued and gone.

Do you want to shoot me a p.m. with an email address that I can send the catalogue illustrations to? That way you can pick out the ones that you're after. I tried looking at 2000, then right up to 2004 to see if the discontinued ones were available as different number for the newer car, but would still work hopefully being SN95.

Awesome I will send PM over!

tulowd
05-30-2016, 09:32 PM
post the info that Ed sends you of what is available....Im sure others will appreciate it

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
05-31-2016, 09:42 AM
So the answer on the SN95 is, "it depends". Some of the fasteners we can still order from Ford, others are obsolete and no longer available.

Laffs
05-31-2016, 09:51 AM
Thanks Ed. I gotta check if those wing nuts are what I need, for some reason I pictured them as like a black threaded tube...

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
05-31-2016, 10:10 AM
In the illustration I would say that they appear to be a threaded tube as you're thinking. The printed hardware catalogue doesn't have a clear description or drawing of it unfortunately.

Nghtrdr
06-01-2016, 11:06 PM
The push pins can be found just about anywhere. Napa, auto body supply shop. The screw in ones for the sides, on each side of the latch can be found at bone yards as well as the screw in hooks on the upper sides. I've found both the screw types at standard auto in various Ford vehicles. I found Ford used them in quite a few vehicles not just mustangs.
The longer push pins that hold the latch cover will be the difficult find if they are no longer available from Ford.

Gl