PDA

View Full Version : VERY Low Clutch Pedal and Tough to get in Gear!!!!!

adrian79
06-17-2016, 11:27 PM
I drive a 1993 Fox Mustang LX, V8. My clutch was worm and just replaced it with a Ford Racing stage 1 clutch off LMR. I just got it installed and the clutch had to be right to the floor to engage and fight to put in gear. Then as soon as i would start releasing the clutch pedal it will grab and take off. My buddy told me the clutch cable needs to be replaced so i did that. The old clutch cable was crazy stretch and the plastic cover was peeled away. It helped when i first drove it around briefly but still didn t go into gear smooth and clutch pedal still low but not like before.
After dinner i went to go park the car in the garage and it went back to the way it was before i changed the cable. Hard to go in gear and very very low clutch pedal. What could be the issue? Before i replaced the clutch the pedal was ok just slightly high but that was it.

PLEASE HELP AS NICE WEATHER IS HERE!!!!

ZR
06-17-2016, 11:29 PM
Do you have the stock auto adjuster or quadrant with firewall adjuster? If auto adjuster, did you pull pedal up sharply to adjust?
Did you replace cable with OEM Ford or aftermarket (Ford Racing counts as aftermarket)?

adrian79
06-17-2016, 11:36 PM
I replaced it with a OEM clutch cable and i believe it was the stock auto adjuster. I did pull up the pedal sharply to adjust it. I am so frustrated!

ZR
06-17-2016, 11:40 PM
Assuming everything has been installed correctly, sounds like the plastic teeth on your adjuster are worn / stripped. Suggest replacing with a Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster. With them in place, clutch can be more accurately adjusted.
Did you install the clutch yourself?
Was flywheel machined?
Was bearing retainer inspected for wear?
Pivot points cleaned and greased before install?

ZR
06-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Nicest combo on the market.

http://www.steeda.com/images/watermarked/1/detailed/1/070-2000.jpg