PDA

View Full Version : Gt350 or 350r

blueshelby
06-19-2016, 09:20 PM
He guys I just put an order for 2017 gt350 with all the options and It came to around 90g . Now couple of guys have told me I should have paid little extra and got the 350r. The thing is the dealership wants 25 g premium on top of Msrp cause it's a numbered car. Now I personally don't care about numbered car only car for performance. The one I got have the track pack which makes it very close to 350r and all the option . So if I want the 350r I got pay 86g pulse 25 g for premium and have to pay extra to get the AC and nav. So what do you guys think shall I pay the extra and get the 350r or you guys think I shouldn't ???? Please some thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newbiestangowner
06-19-2016, 09:24 PM
if you can do it go for it- prevents that " oh i should have got the 350R" each time you see one. plus the extras the R offers in performance

RedSN
06-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Now couple of guys have told me I should have paid little extra and got the 350r.
If it's only two guys, I would ignore it.

TheMustangShow
06-19-2016, 09:45 PM
R

If you're gonna seriously track it, lots of differences on the GT350R that are very beneficial.

Tracked occasionally, the Track Pack is more than capable and gets you all the coolers.

If the car is only going to see the street and some track, save your money and the 25k adm for the numbered car is all koolaid/BS, if you still want an R and want to do business with an SVT dealer that will not fuck you, send me a PM.

blueshelby
06-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Lol tnx for th advice
I'll probably take it trac but not much mostly it's going to be my street car like any other mustang I had.

Ven0r
06-19-2016, 11:26 PM
I had a 350 Tech before i had the 350R. If you can swing the extra $ the R is worth it.

You may also want to call around, specifically outside of the GTA, and possibly out of province to get a better price on the R.

tulowd
06-20-2016, 09:01 AM
the R will hold its value much better, so resale value will likely be better for you down the road
The R is a really serious weapon - the price diff (MSRP vs MSRP) is worth the Carbon wheels alone; even just tracking it once will make you wish or be glad lol

The Mustang Show will connect you with someone to get an R at "reasonable" price.

Good luck and congrats to you, regardless which car you end up with.

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
06-20-2016, 09:20 AM
The 2017 regular will be a nice package because the they will come with basically all of the equipment as standard that was part of the 2015-2016 Track Pack. And then you can still order the electronics and technology equipment that could not be had with a Track Pack car for the first two years.

Unless you plan to be tracking the car very often, and have the experience to be able to exploit the full performance potential of the car, my suggestion would be that you're fine with a "base" GT350.

jibbijib
06-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Totes the 350. It's still sex on wheels

Not4you
06-20-2016, 01:17 PM
If you want lots of smiles on your face the GT350 will suffice. If you want the attention and plan to save it in bubble wrap for the Barret Jackson re-sale, get the R.

Rino
06-20-2016, 01:47 PM
If your not going to the track every weekend then the GT350 is comfortable and easily able to drive daily .If its a track car you want ,you know the answer. The carbon fiber rims are not designed for the streets of the GTA, and the set up is designed for the track. My buddy has a gt350 and loves it.He also has a ZR1 and can't stand driving it in T.O ,because of the stiff suspension set up. Even with the active ride.That is my opinion.Some might say opposite.I would do what's best for me.

Blackmare
06-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Might want to check out The Smoking Tire on YouTube. Pretty sure he reviewed both the 350 and 350R.

jibbijib
06-21-2016, 08:02 AM
If you want lots of smiles on your face the GT350 will suffice. If you want the attention and plan to save it in bubble wrap for the Barret Jackson re-sale, get the R.

If I was loaded (lottomax winner) I would get an R and beat the ever living shit out of it just to piss people off. It would have like 50k on it by this time next year

blueshelby
06-21-2016, 08:28 AM
I hope that day come to u soon as it did to me;)

Screw
06-21-2016, 08:34 AM
I hope that day come to u soon as it did to me;)

Do tell lol

blueshelby
06-21-2016, 08:41 AM
Thnx guys for all ur thoughts .
Considering that the car will see the trac not more than twice a year and I'm not planing to sell it I think I made the right decision by going with the 350 cause honestly I couldn't care for the number car or resale value . Since I'm really happy with my gt500 right now cause I have all the options on it it's fast and comfortable , so I think 350 with all options will do it cause even if I got the 350r by the time I put the AC /back seat / nav/ it wouldn't be much different from 350 other than 40g more . Once again tnx for all the thoughtful comments.

Armen
06-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Yup, good choice. I love the R and my choice would be the R if I was in the market, but not at anything over MSRP. This whole dealer ADM thing is ridiculous. I guess it's hard for them to turn down the 10 to 25 grand they know they can make tho. But it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of most Mustang enthusiasts.

Blackmare
06-21-2016, 08:58 AM
I think that's a good call blueshelby.

jibbijib
06-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Blue, you're in it for all the right reasons brother.