Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  73
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catalytic Converters.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Yes especially on high horsepower SC rides.
    It's on my list for this winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Just like the stench coming out the back of cars with AK47 / Popcorn tunes, no cats. Not sure why the MOE haven't made a move to crack down on them, easy pickins cause they love to annoy / scare other motorists under every underpass they travel.
    Cops ticket them around here all the time, even cars with cats/resonators/mufflers still can get a ticket for “excessive noise/improper muffler”.
    I pulled my OE cats off my daily G35 a couple years ago because one was loose inside, I got a pair of direct-fit high flow cats from a company called Kinetic racing out of Cali, mostly because they carried a “lifetime warranty”. Worked well for the first year (although they’re much louder than my old ones, and hurt my fuel mileage), but then started getting efficiency codes, and after a lot of back/forth with the company they sent me one replacement, which immediately triggered my light and caused the bad smell out the rear. They’re thinking after that was that it was 100% something wrong with my car, and even though I’m a tech at a Nissan/Infiniti dealer and can monitor all my running parameters/fuel trim, etc…they still blame the car. Problem is, old cats are worth so much for scrap that I can’t buy a used set, so I’m looking for a low-mile car to steal the cats from, lol.
    Do you have a trusted local source for Gesi cats Rick?

I knew a guy who knew a guy kinda deal but his connection is long since gone.

I got a set from Magnaflow Canadian distributor a number of years ago. I believe called Hottexhaust about $100 each. Shipped from a canadian manufactor.
    I could digg up the name of canadian cat company if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    I got a set from Magnaflow Canadian distributor a number of years ago. I believe called Hottexhaust about $100 each. Shipped from a canadian manufactor.
    I could digg up the name of canadian cat company if you want it.
    I appreciate the offer but it’s no big deal, I’ll run theses until they smell or plug and worry about it then. Most likely I’ll find some OE ones on a trade-in one day.

When I had the Cobra, actually saw decent life out of Maggy cats.

@ZR EXACTLY the same thing we found out when we stroked a 350 to a 383 - 390HP. Lose the cats you lose - period. BTW if you step across the border for some beers or a trip and get caught in the USA without cats kiss your car goodbye.

^ Always chuckle at those who swear with no cats they picked up huge.

I decided to look up the name and company of the cat from 2014. Just in case someone might be interested.
    Can Cat Exhaust Systems 270 Pennsylvania Ave Suite 6 Concord.
    Doesn't look like they are around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    @ZR EXACTLY the same thing we found out when we stroked a 350 to a 383 - 390HP. Lose the cats you lose - period. BTW if you step across the border for some beers or a trip and get caught in the USA without cats kiss your car goodbye.
    cam.jpg

Might not be a good idea to go anywhere with a loud car after a few beers...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works