Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk short shifters

Lets talk short shifters

Whats everyone running in their car?

This is my first mustang and my first mod was a Pro 5.0 shifter. That was last summer, after putting some km's on it and breaking it in I can say Im very impressed with it. My only problem with it is that the handle is a bit short. Im thinking either make the stock handle work or pick up a hurst/steeda handle.

Interested in hearing what others have to say.. anyone running a MGW? Looks to be built better vs. the pro 5.0
    '88 LX

HyperGT
    I always ran the B&M both on my mustangs and on the Porsche. Loved them, little notchy on cold startups but once warm no missed shifts. It will be one of the first mods on the Saleen.

I have the Pro 5.0, Steeda Tri-ax and MGW

Pro 5.0 with Stock Handle

Steeda Tri-Ax with Stock Handle

MGW with extreme short handle which you can't get anymore (Brother's '89 Notch)

Between the 5.0 and Tri-ax I prefer the 5.0

The MGW, although probably the best quality is a bit too extreme for daily driving and road course, however extremely fitted for the strip...the amount it moves from 1st to 2nd is like going from 1st to Neutral with the 5.0 and Tri-ax and very tight and percise...

I run the mgw orange handle shifter in my car and I love it. I broke a steeda triax handle and a (unknown name) billet handle while drag racing, have a couple hundred passes under belt with the mgw and haven't broke it yet.

abeltrame
    Never really been a fan of short shifters on the newer cars. Although I wish I had one in my 91 5.0

I've also run the full gambit (except mgw but have driven several rides with em). My preference is what I'm currently running in the Cobra. Pro 5.0 with a custom handle. One they include is way too short, stock handle on their shifter is not a bad combo. I give the Tri-ax props for being a decent shifter but it falls well short of the Pro5.0.

What did you guys have to do to make the stock T5 handle work? Any pics?
    '88 LX

^^^bolt it on

NITEMARE
    I run the newest gen MGW in my cobra, and also had their first gen in my last 2000 GT. Love it! Best shifter IMO...Pro 5.0 i liked better than a Tri-ax, felt smoother gear to gear but cant get close to the shifts of MGW. Daily drove with it and no complaints, i will admit though at first its very notchy feeling and you really feel the shifts but it gets better after it breaks in a bit!

Pro 5.0 Stock Handle

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg