Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS/touch screen replacement for Shaker 1000 in 08 GT

Mrods

GPS/touch screen replacement for Shaker 1000 in 08 GT

Anyone replace their Shaker 1000 with a GPS/touch screen type radio? I have a Shaker 1000 in a 2008 GT and am not to impressed with it so far. I'm directionally challenged and don't want to lug around my plug in GPS.

Any recos for a direct fit unit?

Cheers,

Mark

12vGuy
    I tend to lean towards kenwood. Use with idatalink maestro interface. Start with that then you can build from there if you're still not happy with the performance

I bought and installed myself the ford OEM pioneer GPS unit awhile back because I wanted the OEM look(for my 2008 Saleen). the unit was new old stock for only $400. it was worth $1500 at the time.
    the gps works well enough for me...the cd Nav disk is outdated, 8p version only...the updated disk is $200! that's the downfall! today's world all gps units have free map upgrades
    aside from that! the OEM unit does the job...
    units nowadays have Bluetooth ,etc...
    anyways...any double din unit with a nice GPS screen should look nice and do the trick..most units have everthing you need when it comes to connectivity.
    Using Tapatalk

Mrods
    Great, this is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I want a stock looking fit with gps. I may get rid of the shaker 1000 sub in the trunk. I weighs about 40 lbs and doesn't add that much to sound quality. Appreciate the help!

I may be interested in the shaker sub depending on price and if I can add it on to my shaker 500 system

Mrods
    Cool will contact you once I get my new radio deck.

FYI: if you plan on installing the unit yourself, the two clips for the ac and accessory buttons at the bottom are tricky to remove! it's really simple and easy to do if you know how..it took my half an hour of trying to figure it out!
    let me know if u need help...I've removed my unit several times...it's a pretty simple install.

Saleen12c: 2008 S281 S/C Convertible
    Using Tapatalk

I had the Shaker500 and put the Kenwood Nav in a few years back. DNX-6140 and I have been very happy with it.

Cool..pm me if u need help.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swalt View Post
    I had the Shaker500 and put the Kenwood Nav in a few years back. DNX-6140 and I have been very happy with it.
    Does it have satellite as well Steve?