Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurst Bad Service

Hurst Bad Service

My 91 LX has a Hurst shifter. The rubber boot has split so I decided to replace it. I checked Hurst's web site but they don't list parts so I called customer service. Guess What !!!! they don't sell parts unless you have the original receipt. This shifter is 3+ years old so of coarse I don't have the receipt. I wasn't trying to scam a freebe I was trying to buy it. I called back spoke to a supervisor, same story. You can not buy parts for Hurst B&M or Flowmaster with out the receipt NO WAY NO HOW.

Mustang Occasionally
    https://lmr.com/products/79-93-Musta...rs-Shift-Knobs

See if 50resto can get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Thats not the point. Why would a company not back up their products with service parts

Mustang Occasionally
    My apologies. I thought getting a replacement was the point. If the point was just to bitch, then please carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    My apologies. I thought getting a replacement was the point. If the point was just to bitch, then please carry on.
    Summit Racing helped me out. Hurst Manager told me Summit doesn't have parts and what i will get is a knock off. Its a giant run around.

Good to hear your fixed up. Hurst boots n prematurely ripping has been a common complaint for some time. Assume thats what happened to yours.

^Ya, they always tear, nothing new. I can't believe they won't sell you the boot though, that's pretty dumb, I'm sure they know it's a common complaint, why not make it available and make more money? Whenever installing one I always loosely secure it to the shaft with a black zip-tie, that way the load is on the tie and not on the rubber.

Here's the number 707-544-4761 call see what they say.

check out coreshifters.com, they supply Hurst, skip the middlemen and save some money

MEANMCHN
    I switched from a B&M to a Hurst and wish I didn't. Even a 10 year old B&M had better feel than the Hurst...

Anyone tried the Tri-Ax?