Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR NEWS.

NASCAR NEWS.

Kenseth takes it with a late race surge, nicely done.

Off my meds again
    Then fails post race inspection...

Yea saw that. To me, fail post race should mean forfeit the win.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. said problems with balance and nausea prevented him from driving in Sunday's New Hampshire 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, and he is encouraged by concussion test results that match his baseline test.

This situation has left Dale Jr. fans and his team worried, seeing that simply by Junior missing the race in New Hampshire he dropped from No. 16 to No. 18 in the polls. Now Dale Jr. is finally telling us the reasons why he had to visit the neurologist.
    “I’ve struggled with my balance over the last four or five days. I definitely wouldn’t be able to drive a race car this weekend (in New Hampshire) … I made the decision that I had to make. I’m going to continue to work with my doctors to understand more about the injury and how to treat it. They can give me a lot exercises that will retrain my brain to handle what I need to handle.”
    Even though it’s a tough thing for Dale, he is completely confident in the doctor’s advice and orders. His health comes first. That is something we can’t help but respect.
    “It’s just going to take a lot of patience. I put my health and quality of life as a top priority, and I’ll always do that. So, I’m going to take this slow and strictly follow the advice of my doctors and try to learn as much as I can to be smarter and be wiser.”
    While this has been unfolding, Dale Jr.’s fans, friends and family have supported him completely. That’s something that’s really special about having such a large fanbase. Dale Jr. is the most loved driver in NASCAR after all!
    While speaking out, he mentioned just how grateful and honored he was to get so much support from so many people.
    “I really appreciate all the support that I’ve got. It’s really unnecessary but really does make me feel good, I have to be honest. To hear everybody wishing me well, really, really does my heart good. This kind of thing can beat you down and get you sad, but I’ve got a lot of good people around, lot of people supporting me, so I hope we can get back to the track soon.”
    Junior then informed us all that his brain feels sharp and ready to obtain whatever needs to be obtained, which gives everyone hope that he could recover before Indy.
    “My mind feels real sharp. I took the ImPACT test, which measures thought process and the speed of your thought process, memory and retaining memory, and my results matched my baseline, which made me feel confident that my brain was pretty sharp.”
    If he feels confident, so do we. There are reports that say we will hear the final verdict about Dale Jr.’s fate this upcoming weekend on either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Until then we will all be praying for good results from Dale Jr.’s latest tests!!!

NASCAR levied penalties to the race-winning Joe Gibbs Racing No. 20 Toyota team Wednesday after last weekend's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

As a result of infractions found in a post-race pass through the laser inspection station (LIS), the No. 20 team was docked 15 championship points in the team owner standings and driver Matt Kenseth absorbed a 15-point deduction in the Sprint Cup drivers' standings. The points penalty moved Kenseth, a two-time winner this year, from eighth to ninth place in the standings.

The P3-grade penalty also carries a $25,000 fine for No. 20 crew chief Jason Ratcliff.

The No. 20 Toyota driven to victory by Kenseth in the New Hampshire 301 was found out of compliance during Sunday's post-race trip through the LIS platform. The car was sent to the NASCAR Research & Development Center in Concord, North Carolina, for further evaluation this week.

Points penalties are a joke, makes zero difference to Kenseth or Gibbs. $25,000 is no incentive to not cheat either. Nascar is a joke. I'm a Kenseth fan too.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. took to social media Friday morning, updating his fans on his condition as he sits out his second consecutive race since being diagnosed with "concussion-like symptoms."

No determination has been made concerning Earnhardt's return to competition.

At Indianapolis Motor Speedway, team owner Rick Hendrick said an appearance at the team's headquarters in Concord, North Carolina, earlier this week by his driver was a good sign.

"Wednesday he came by the shop, and we got to visit," Hendrick said. "He looks good; he is encouraged. … We're really excited. He is in great spirits."

Hendrick, whose HMS organization fields entries for drivers Jimmie Johnson , Chase Elliott and Kasey Kahne in addition to Earnhardt Jr., said Earnhardt is eager to get back in the car, but is also following doctors' orders.

"He wants to race," Hendrick said, "but he also knows the regime they have him on will get him right for a long time. He's following doctors' orders but I can tell he is getting antsy. But he is going to do what they say."

Jeff will pilot the 88 this week and next. If Jr had to sit out, what an amazing fill in driver.

I believe with these two, Jeff Gordon will now be at 800 races started in NASCAR's premier division.