Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More fee increases brought to you by the Ontario Liberals.

Thumbs up More fee increases brought to you by the Ontario Liberals.

Ontario residents will be paying more for new driver's licences, licence renewals and licence plate renewal stickers starting Thursday.
    The Ontario transportation ministry said in a news release that the fee hikes are necessary to help maintain roads, bridges and highways across the province.
    The cost of an original driver's licence and of renewing a driver's licence, including the driver licensing fee as part of the enhanced driver's licence, will increase from $81.50 to $90.
    The cost for renewing a licence plate in southern Ontario will increase from $108 to $120. The cost of renewing a licence plate in northern Ontario wil rise from $54 to $60.
    "Updated fees help maintain the province's transportation infrastructure and provide resources to help keep Ontario's roads safe," the ministry said.

Fuck me.
    ~Scott B

are you fucking kidding me? did they just raise the rates last year? When the fuck is this going to end? I love how they can just up the prices when they feel like it without any word to the public. And its always on something we "Have" to have.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    Fuck me.
    Oh yes they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    are you fucking kidding me? did they just raise the rates last year? When the fuck is this going to end? I love how they can just up the prices when they feel like it without any word to the public. And its always on something we "Have" to have.
    Oh yes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Oh yes they have.
    Truth.
    ~Scott B

Last years increases.

Get ready to pay more for driver’s licences, licence renewals, replacements and commercial permits as of September 1st.
    The Government of Ontario says that increases are necessary to cover the rising costs of maintaining provincial roads, bridges and highways, enhance cost recovery for the delivery of driver, and vehicle licensing services.
    The cost of new driver’s licences, along with licence renewals goes up from from $80 to $81.50.
    Renewing a licence plate validation sticker will jump from $98 per year to $108 per year. The two-year sticker price will climb from $196 to $216.
    Commercial vehicle validation (3,000 kg and less), for both personal use and commercial use will also jump from $98 to $108.

I either need to put my profession to work.....for the greater good.....or sell off all my vehicles and buy a horse.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Have I mentioned..............

Meanwhile, Go Transit fares increased a mear 5%. Guess it's more politically correct to fuck over vehicle drivers vs increase fees for a system we already subsidize.