Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP Road Course Lap Times...

Mustang Occasionally

TMP Road Course Lap Times...

Any of you guys video record your laps and go back after to see what kind of times you were running?

I did that today with the video I uploaded and saw 1.27 and 1.26 on a couple of laps.

Just wondering what you guys might have ran there so I can see how I compare.

My laps were 1.29 with a 1.28 my fastest

^^^mine were the same. Averaged 1:29, and turned in a bunch of 1:28's

Those new 5.0's are quick. How do you feel it compares to your old BOSS?
    -Don____________

tulowd
    1:26's on a Mustang on street tires is pretty quick... in the video of JT chasing me (6 laps) we were running 1:25's and 1:26's with traffic. Track and ambient temperatures have a big influence on this; if the track is colder, it will be trickier to get the tires consistently to their optimal grip level.

I've run 1:24s on Nitto NT01s with Hawk DTC-60 race compound brake pads....on manual steering and stock Fox architecture no less, lol
    JT is running consistent 1:23's on Hoosier slicks and race pads in his 08 Shelby as per his videos.

Chasing someone down or an open track are paramount to put together a qualifying type fast lap.
    Not sure of anyone else; any videos I've seen posted by other members here indicate 1:27's and 1:26's, so you're right up there.

Young Conrad with the blue Acura time attack car (he also has a Shelby KR clone) has broken into the 1:19's on soft street tires, but that car only weighs 2500 lbs and makes 500 FWHP.

Tires and brakes are what you need to go faster, once you reach the limit of your current setup or driving limits/comfort zone.
    First things first would be brake pads that work harder at high temperatures. Race pads have a much higher coefficient of friction than street or stock pads, so you can get way closer to maximum deceleration potential more of the time. This is where you knock tons of time off your laps, but the real deal is unusable/unsafe on the street. I have dedicated, burnished discs and pads for the track. After the initial investment, with virtually zero wear after 5 lapping days, they should last me 2 or 3 full seasons, thus saving tons of $$ while going way quicker.

The various interfaces with GPS and track overlay/blue tooth integration out there for reasonable costs would be a good addition for anyone lapping in a newish OBDII equipped Mustang. That will allow you to analyze your laps one inch at a time lol. Data logging on suspension/chassis movement would be about the only other thing, but you would have to speak to Roger Penske about that.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ^^^mine were the same. Averaged 1:29, and turned in a bunch of 1:28's

Those new 5.0's are quick. How do you feel it compares to your old BOSS?
    It's just so hard to compare because I've learned so much since the Boss when it comes to the road course. All I can tell you is I'm having a blast with this car at the track. Like, to be able to drive this car to the track, empty out the trunk, adjust the pressures, drive like I stole it and then put the pressures back to 'street' and just drive it home - is an amazing experience. I went for a nice long cruise yesterday with the top down and I thought to myself, it's hard to believe it's the same car.

Just to note: Thursday was the first time I used the shift paddles on the track (I've been using them on the street a lot this summer to get used to them). While I wish they were just a bit quicker to respond, they were a blast none the less.

The times I'm using above are based off my vid chasing the Camaro around the track. I use the start finish line for lap times (with dash cam timer).

14:21.28 to 14:22.55 = 1.27

14:22.55 to 14:24.21 = 1.26

Mustang Occasionally
    Here's the Boss around TMP Oct of 2013 for comparison (using start/finish line and Youtube clock).

1.28 to 2.59 = 1.31

2.59 to 4.30 = 1.31

4.30 to 6.00 = 1.30

6.00 to 7.29 = 1.29

7.29 to 8.59 = 1.30

8.59 to 10.28 = 1.29

I can do mid 1:28's pretty consistent, may have done a 1:27 at some point on another day. But thats with alot of suspension work, slick tires and not real street friendly brake pads
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

^^^we need more power to hang with those verts

Got a clip of us chasing a red cobra I gotta edit and post.
    -Don____________

HyperGT
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YEif_z-blkE

1:14 - this guy is an awesome driver. Looks fast and is. Corner speed is unreal. Dont follow his lines in a mustang though. Stock gt3 rs , hR6 tires.

your times are very good Armin, especially with a vert and street tires.

Looking forward to seeing us driving way over our heads trying to stay in front and getting passed easily on the straight
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.