Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F-ing impaired drivers.

F-ing impaired drivers.

Police have identified the victim of a deadly crash near Cambridge on Sunday as a 29-year-old mother from London.
    According to police, at around 8:30 p.m., a couple, their infant son and the child’s grandmother were travelling on Highway 7/8 near Trussler Road in Wilmot, Ont. when their car was rear-ended by another vehicle.
    Police say the baby’s mother Susana Dumitru was critically injured in the collision and was rushed to hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.
    RELATED STORIES

PHOTOS

Razvan Dumitru, left, his wife Susana, and their son George are seen in this undated photograph. (Facebook)

Ahmed Darwish appears in court in this sketch Monday November 28, 2016.

Police investigate a fatal collision on highway 7/8 near Trussler Road in Wilmot, Ont. Sunday November 27, 2016.

The woman’s two-month-old son George suffered critical head injuries and was rushed to SickKids, where he remains in critical, but stable condition.
    The woman's husband, Razvan, and her mother-in-law suffered minor injuries following the crash.
    A 26-year-old man has been charged in connection with the crash.
    Ahmed Darwish faces one count of dangerous driving causing death, two counts of dangerous driving causing bodily harm, one count of impaired driving causing death, two counts of impaired driving causing bodily harm, one count of failure to provide a breath sample and one count of failure to submit a drug evaluation.
    He made an appearance in a Kitchener courtroom Monday for a bail hearing and will remain in custody until his next court date on Dec. 5.
    Investigators are encouraging anyone with information about the incident to contact Cambridge OPP.

As a kid, drunk driving n crashes related to it were ridiculously common. As years passed, awareness and social pressure saw it decline significantly, whats changed that it's become all too common again? Similar spike in alcohol consumption with snowmobilers (is it just as bad with boaters?).

Quite sickening that in today's age there are still drunk drivers out there... So sad for that girls and her family. R.I.P.

Oh my. When I heard that I was so shocked. Downtown last night the same thing happened. Please stop drinking and driving everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    As a kid, drunk driving n crashes related to it were ridiculously common. As years passed, awareness and social pressure saw it decline significantly, whats changed that it's become all too common again? Similar spike in alcohol consumption with snowmobilers (is it just as bad with boaters?).
    I wonder if it's linked to the self entitlement that's all too common.
    See that same thing with drugs and so many other things. "I want to do it so screw the law and screw anyone else it's my right to do what I want"

Its been really bad here lately.

Last Thursday a older lady on her way to deliver papers was sitting at a red light at 3am when a drunk, punk ass 23 yr old came blasting thru the red and hit her straight on. She died at the scene.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/24...-in-london-ont

Mothers Against Drunk Driving say they aren’t surprised by a recent spike in impaired driving cases.

In London specifically there were 11 cases where impaired driving was believed to be a factor since last Thursday, including fatal collision that took the life of a 60-year-old woman at Richmond and Sunningdale.

Then on Sunday night, a 29-year-old London woman was killed and her infant son critically wounded in a crash just west of Kitchener. The suspect in that case faces a number of charges including impaired driving causing death.

MADD spokesperson Sean Dechene told AM980 it’s a tragic reminder that impaired driving has always been dangerous, and will remain so.

“The fact that someone’s life was taken from them, it further drives home a sense of realism. We need to be forward looking to the future, support victims and make sure within our community we have a support system in place so when these tragedies do happen we can help in whatever way we can.”

It was only eight days ago that the annual Festive R.I.D.E. program by police began. The program runs from November 21st to January 7th, 2017.

Impaired driving is a leading criminal cause of death in Canada.

London Police Sgt. Amanda Pfeffer told AM980 people need to take responsibility and make sure they’re being proactive.

“The most important tool in our toolbox in relation to prevention impaired driving is to encourage individuals to plan ahead. Time and again we see impaired drivers explaining that they anticipate that they would drive, that they didn’t have another option to get home. Make those arrangements before you consume alcohol and you’re far less likely to make poor choices.”

In the most recent case, OPP say the 29-year-old victim was killed and her two-month-old son was critically injured in the collision on Highway 7/8 in Wilmot Township Sunday night.

Investigators say the woman was pronounced dead in hospital, and her baby was airlifted to a trauma centre with life-threatening injuries.

Due to a court publication ban, neither the mother nor the child can be identified.

Police say 26 year old Ahmed Darwish of Kitchener is facing several charges including impaired driving causing death, fail to provide a breath sample causing bodily harm and dangerous operation of a vehicle causing death.

Last Thursday, 60-year-old Thorndale native Gloria Chivers was killed in a crash in the intersection at Richmond and Sunningdale. 23-year-old Jinghao Zhou, of London is facing a number of charges including impaired driving causing death.

Zhou is scheduled to appear at a bail hearing at the London courthouse Tuesday morning.

Dechene said they won’t stop telling people about the dangers of drinking and driving.

“Keep driving home the message that it is 100% preventable and there is no excuse that warrants drinking and driving. There’s always alternate available routes, there’s taxi’s, there’s designated driving services, there’s many options and we want to continue to drive that education home.”

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    As a kid, drunk driving n crashes related to it were ridiculously common. .
    I remember when drinking and driving meant you had a cold one in your hand and the open case was on the floor behind the driver's seat....and if the cops pulled you over...they took your beer and sent you home

I wonder if the 20-somethings today are double-impaired

1) they drank too much
    2) they can't seem to take their blurred vision off their fucking phone

not suggesting being ripped behind the wheel isn't completely idiotic by itself....but if today's young-and-dumb are upping the anti by throwing the phone issue into the mix as well....that's flying completely blind

I don't drink and drive....it's the easiest thing not to do....and I don't even have a cell phone....so I try to minimize my potential level of full retard before I get behind the wheel....and I wish everyone else would do the same

Club Supporter
    I wonder if he was drunk and texting to rear end the victim's car? Was she wearing a seatbelt?

From the hazy picture, very little left of the back half of the car.

Fucking assholes! The laws are too lenient for these murderers. Maybe if they would implement the death penalty for drunk drivers/texting causing death, these cases would be less frequent. Just my 2 cents.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."