Hi everyone,

I'm new here - glad to see that this forum exists

I have a 2014 Mustang, and last week, received notice that my vehicle is affected by the Takata airbag recall. I've called my dealer and Ford Canada's customer service and haven't received any information about when replacement parts will be available; and based on an earlier thread I saw in this forum, it doesn't seem like this information is available yet.

Since it might be a long time before my dealer can replace the defective airbag, I'm a little bit concerned about my safety when driving before this repair is completed. (I know that it's only a minority of airbag deployments that have problems, but I used to work in the auto insurance industry, so I'm probably more neurotic than most about these things.) Has anyone considered taking out their airbag entirely until the problem parts are replaced? Or are there any other work-arounds that are possible until Ford can do the repair?

I don't want to take my car off the road indefinitely because of this, but I am also a little bit worried now. Am I the only one? Would love to hear some input from other Mustang owners, since I don't actually know anyone else affected by the recall at this point.