Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 191 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 911411811871881891901911921931941952012412916911191 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

WTF
    left the office early to come home to shovel a foot plus drifts....took 1.5 hours

that was my warm up for a back and trap workout in the gym

outta gas now

Only 99 days till Spring

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Only 99 days till Spring
    99 problems....

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

Drifted a topkick around a corner today. No weight in the rear and dualies makes for a fun time. Pushed out one of those plows with the trailer that goes out to do another lane with a bobcat. He got high centered on one of those concrete islands in a parking lot. Going out again in a bit after all the parking lots are empty to really clear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Snowblower x 2
    Shovel x 1
    Driveway for the 3rd time - shovel
    Patio x2 - shovel (have to clear it for the dog)
    Neighbour's driveways x 3 - snowblower
    Cars pushed x 3

And my street has yet to be plowed.

saleenman
    /\ yucky. Doesn't sound like fun at all.

Longest ass shift in a while , driving was tougher than work . How the fk does traction control work in these vans lol , constantly deactivating it so I could move .

So I took my mazda tribute out in the snow tonight (new winter car)
    its 4wd/awd with a button in the dash that apparently locks the center diff, (different then my parents explorer with the 3 buttons)
    from what I read online it seems to be mostly fwd most of the time and if it senses it looses traction it goes mostly rwd, I felt that today, seems stupid to me.
    When I press the center locking button thing, the car becomes a different animal and feels much more confident, doesn't slide corners, seems to even break better (or at least in a straight line)
    Can I drove around all the time with this 4wd button engaged (only when snow and icy like today)? Or is it bad to drive with it on for the full trip?

Mustang Occasionally
    I don't know the exact system in the Tribute, but AWD (or 4WD Auto-mode) is quite often primarily driving the front or rear wheels, depending on the vehicle. Like, a Tribute/Escape are fwd based platforms so that's the 'default'. My 03 Explorer was a rwd platform and so that was it's 'default'. When the vehicle senses slip, it activates a type of clutch to drive the other set of wheels to work in conjunction with the slipping set. The percentage of this adjustment can range. Some makes will put full power to the wheels with more traction. Some up to 50 or 75%, for example AND side to side too!

But when you're locking it in 4WD, there should be conditions that necessitate it. If the roads are dry and you're trying to make slower tighter turns, like in a parking lot, you're gonna feel it bind up. That's hard on the tires, bushings, suspension, the transfer case, etc.

But ya, I've used 4WD around town and then out on to the highway. Once I get closer to the city (assuming the roads are relatively clear), I just flip it off. Rarely would I leave it in 4WD for a full round trip - although a few times last year with that brutal winter, I did.

JMO...

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    Last night I decided to be a good samaritan. After boosting a car in the GO train parking lot, saw man wiping his van with his arm, so I let him use my brush. Didn't have his cuz both his and his wife's car were in the shop and this was the backup. So he was happy. Then saw another person doing the same, so I just straight up offered to brush their car off while they sat in the car. Lastly, as I was just around the corner from my house, saw a Mercedes SLK stuck at a corner street so I pulled up to him and pushed him out. Had snow tires, just the snow was so thick and squishy he couldn't move.

Also I'll add that yesterday morning, when doing a tire on Derry, an awesome police officer pulled up behind me and put on his lights to help out. Yesterday was a good test of humanity, and I can tell you that it's still alive and well. Hopefully others have good stories from yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!