Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,633
Page 785 of 2385 FirstFirst ... 28568573577578178278378478578678778878979583588512851785 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 23843

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    We run into this all the time people don't measure a door way or cubourd clearance. Some how people always seem to think it's our fault when my guys are standing there.

One was a brand new million plus dollar cottage. We showed up with the new gas stove only to fined out the cabinet guys didn't design the kitchen with the proper clearance to meet code for the stove the guy bought.
    Told him I could not install the stove. He yelled at me for an hour threatened to cancel the entire order. Ect ect.
    I'm the exact opposite.....probably because I was always the default guy to get the call to help friends and family lift and move heavy shit in and out of their places......I guess they thought because I lift weights that I'd enjoy lifting their heavy shit too....not the case

the last thing you want after you sweat your bag off lifting some huge muther through a fucking obstacle course is to find out it wont fit

measure first....lift once

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Homemade waffles and fresh pears. Was on my mind and now I'm my stomach

...and bacon of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    ....to find out it wont fit
    I'm the same. When the guy delivered my lift he looked at the garage and asked if I was sure it was going to fit. I said: "you wouldn't believe the number of times I measured, it will fit....tight, but it will fit." I bugged the sales rep with so many e-mails with dimension requests that weren't in the specs. I even marked the exact locations of the baseplates, and after everything was installed and squared up baseplates landed right on the marks.

-Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    My son and I at the Remembrance Day ceremony in NOTL this morning.
    Very cool.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    NHRA finals are on this weekend in Pomona, should I go Sat for qualifying (longer day) or Sunday for eliminations and finals (ends by 3:30)
    The opposite day I'm likely going to the peterson's automotive museum or the science center to see the space shuttle. (Wanted to go back to Vegas but last minute hotels for sat are nuts)

Anyone ever attended a race like this, is sat less busy is one more exciting then the other?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I've done NHRA weekends several times - if you love nitro and top fuel runs then Saturday - you'll see more runs down the track but they're not necessarily heads up race rounds like Sunday with points and cash on the line. Less busy on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I've done NHRA weekends several times - if you love nitro and top fuel runs then Saturday - you'll see more runs down the track but they're not necessarily heads up race rounds like Sunday with points and cash on the line. Less busy on Saturday.
    I was thinking the same, ended up sleeping terrible last night and slept in today. The weather will be better tomorrow anyways so works out. Excited for the smell and "taste" of meth in the air again lol

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    I was thinking the same, ended up sleeping terrible last night and slept in today. The weather will be better tomorrow anyways so works out. Excited for the smell and "taste" of meth in the air again lol

Get there early and head to the pits where they will be test firing up some of the cars before the rounds (and between). You'll see four TF rounds tomorrow in addition to everything else. You've seen this before so you know you'll need ear plugs and a cloth/handkerchief to cover your nose and mouth and wipe your eyes, and water to help the burning in your throat after - enjoy!

I used to only go on Sundays but then added qualifying also when I saw how many TF runs they get in before Sunday (a lot of cars get sent home).

WTF
    19 bags of leaves

I'm beat

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    19 bags of leaves

I'm beat
    That's what I had planned for today. The on Thursday a wind storm blew threw. Problem solved. Or rather problem is now someone else's problem.

Not ready for winter yet.
    I think I may have to pull the roadster out of storage for a last rip of the season tomorrow.
    I'm thinking afternoon cruise for a couple hours.