Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Door speakers.. plugged in and nothing

Run a wire off the dash speaker down to the door.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Ok I hear ya.. but how? By looking at it, it doesn't seem very straight forward. I popped off the driver side dash speaker and I dont see anything. I also took off the kick panel and still see nothing.
    Make note of the colour of the two original factory speaker wires. Follow the loom of wires that passes through the accordion/grommet and into the car. Find those two wires that match the door speaker wire colours.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Run a wire off the dash speaker down to the door.
    Or you can do this.^^^

It's how they are essentially run from the Factory.

Thats most likely what I will end up doing.. cant for the life of me find those 2 damn wires...

So, just cut the dash wires and splice in new ones to the door.. yes?
    '88 LX

Slope
    Bear in mind the Polarity/Phase if you chose that route.

My 92 had no door speakers till I got it and there was no wiring for speakers in the door, I had a lot of fun getting wires in there for a mid and tweeter. Now with my new door speakers I'm moving the tweeter to the dash speaker location so I have to pull one wire back out of the door and run it up to the dash speaker spot.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by needboost View Post
    My 92 had no door speakers till I got it and there was no wiring for speakers in the door, I had a lot of fun getting wires in there for a mid and tweeter. Now with my new door speakers I'm moving the tweeter to the dash speaker location so I have to pull one wire back out of the door and run it up to the dash speaker spot.
    If you already have dash speakers you can run the wires off that speaker to the tweeter. If not, just splice into the wire going to the doors. Or, make your life easier and run a new wire from the hookup behind the stereo to your dash. But, all dashes of cars with the stereo have stock wires in them, so you should be able to find them if you search around enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Ok I hear ya.. but how? By looking at it, it doesn't seem very straight forward. I popped off the driver side dash speaker and I dont see anything. I also took off the kick panel and still see nothing.
    Pull the panels down by your foot, you may see the harness coming in from the door there not connected to anything. If you find the disconnected harness, you can just extend the wires or see if there is anywhere to plug them in.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    If you already have dash speakers you can run the wires off that speaker to the tweeter. If not, just splice into the wire going to the doors. Or, make your life easier and run a new wire from the hookup behind the stereo to your dash. But, all dashes of cars with the stereo have stock wires in them, so you should be able to find them if you search around enough.
    All my speakers are run of my amps in the trunk, and yes the factory dash speaker wire is still there. I'm just glad I used two different colour wires for the mid and the tweeter so I didn't pull the wrong one back out of the door.