Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  217
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Watch Enthusiasts Thread!

tulowd
    Traded the Aureole pocket watch and some cash for the exact size and style Speedmaster I wanted:

It's a reduced, 39mm, auto, black dial and crown with calf leather strap (not Omega); it has nice patina, 1140 caliber movement (I know, not the best) and I love it. Now going on the hunt for a black sporty strap 18mm-->16mm (leather, ostrich, shark, stingray, silicone, etc) with the large center holes and hopefully a real Omega deployment clasp. Any assistance or direction/contacts would be appreciated.

Watch needs a back seal and does have a little corrosion inside, but functions perfectly. Anything older is going to have some issues, IMO and I didn't pay premium money. The trade in was what I was hoping for, so all is well. Omega wants to install a new movement in it, but that's pretty par for the course.

SN: 545288883
    Case Ref: 1750032
    Calibre: 1140

Any comments or links to info would be appreciated. I will post in watchuseek.com as well.
    Excited to have legitimately joined the watch enthusiasts club with a real time piece, and especially since the acquisition was entirely financed by family heirlooms.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    Traded the Aureole pocket watch and some cash for the exact size and style Speedmaster I wanted:

It's a reduced, 39mm, auto, black dial and crown with calf leather strap (not Omega); it has nice patina, 1140 caliber movement (I know, not the best) and I love it. Now going on the hunt for a black sporty strap 18mm-->16mm (leather, ostrich, shark, stingray, silicone, etc) with the large center holes and hopefully a real Omega deployment clasp. Any assistance or direction/contacts would be appreciated.

Watch needs a back seal and does have a little corrosion inside, but functions perfectly. Anything older is going to have some issues, IMO and I didn't pay premium money. The trade in was what I was hoping for, so all is well. Omega wants to install a new movement in it, but that's pretty par for the course.

Any comments or links to info would be appreciated. I will post in watchuseek.com as well.
    Excited to have legitimately joined the watch enthusiasts club with a real time piece, and especially since the acquisition was entirely financed by family heirlooms.
    That's awesome Paul - it's a beautiful piece and one to be worn with pride. Congrats! You can probably pick up an Omega strap for it or have one made for you - I'll be asking Joel to get black custom strap made for my Zenith which is currently on a brown Zenith strap....they deal with strap makers through the store.

WTF

when you put your mind to something....you don't mess around

congrats on the awesome piece....I love it.....a black strap with the big holes and a deployant clasp would be freakin perfect

not sure on the price of the standard Omega deployant.....but it might not be as shocking as you think unless you go with titanium or platinum etc

the guys at Berani Jewellers in Bayview Village are an Omega dealer....give them a ring
    http://berani.ca/contacts

at least you'll know what new costs....then you can compare to previously loved or aftermarket

Never thought I would see Paul sportin' an automatic.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    LOL

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Airshifted Powerglide might be central to my next build

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    These are some pretty awesome watches! Wish I could join in on the fun, but my pocket change game is in the Timex range lol

I have a Caravelle New York 45A116 which I got for being a groomsman at a wedding...

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

Grebnitty
    I got this one for Christmas.

IMG_0379.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grebnitty
    Gah, tried to delete the sideways, pic, I'm not very good at this forum stuff.

WTF
    Now going on the hunt for a black sporty strap 18mm-->16mm (leather, ostrich, shark, stingray, silicone, etc) with the large center holes and hopefully a real Omega deployment clasp. Any assistance or direction/contacts would be appreciated.
    doing a little googling this morning

seems like Hirsch rally straps might be the ticket for you

http://www.hirschstraps.com/search?q=rally

they also offer two types of deployant clasps in varying finishes....and while they might not be Omega...you know they'll work fine with their own strap

making me think the next time I need to replace my Monaco McQueen strap that I'll go the rally route...blue with with stitching and a silver deployant
    http://www.hirschstraps.com/products...-strap-in-blue

and I'm really tempted to change up my new Seamaster Chrono and put in on this with a matt black deployant clasp
    http://www.hirschstraps.com/products...ow-09172940504