Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fox Power Door Locks

Fox Power Door Locks

Hey guys,

The power door locks on my fox will not unlock with the switch on either doors, however they will unlock with my alarm.
    When I press the switch on either side I don't hear anything at all like a relay clicking or anything. They will lock with no issue and like I said, will unlock just fine with my old school viper alarm. Are there separate relays for the lock and unlock? I am puzzled as it works with my alarm...perhaps a wire became disconnected where my alarm was installed years ago so the trigger wire for the alarm will still trip the relay, but the signal from the switch doesn't?

I'd guess you have a bad switch, the alarm most likely bypasses the factory switch.

Would one bad switch effect both sides?

I believe the pass switch needs to go through the drivers switch, so if it's bad it takes them both out. Would need to take it out and check if it's working from the backside.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    Start with checking connections on the switches then go from there. I'm finding that these cars are starting to get very touchy with electrical connections. If it's slightly loose it's not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

tulowd
    I believe the switches are reversing, meaning they send power one way and ground the other way. One bad contact or connection can cause strange problems. I would say pull them both out and start playing with a meter to check continuity, then voltage.

Thanks guys, ill start poking around. At least with the switches there is no need to removed the entire door handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I'd take a look at the connection point for the alarm to locks as well.
    That might be a pain to track down....but i agree with a good point to start. Any hints on how to find the correct wire? Did Viper have a standard wire colour from the "brain" that controlled the lock?

My 88 GT is doing the exact same thing.

Recently I could push the lock button and eventually the doors would lock or unlock but not anymore...now I have to use the alarm
    button to lock and unlock.

I thought it was the lock actuator?