Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Vacationing: tips, tricks do's and don'ts?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    I decided to check out vegas.com and they make a compelling case. Flight and hotel for an advertised 810 all in. I imagine other fees will pop up, like baggage. But it's through westjet and I don't have to leave my car at the airport (benefit of living 10 min down the road) Only setback is the lack of rental car. But the cash I'll save can be used to rent a car for one or two days, can do the exotic car cruise, and have money left over for food and funtimes...

Has anybody done a similar trip? How was it? I've flown with westjet before and they are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

save your cash jib.. i drove there in less that 48 hours
    92 rcsb ftw

Club Supporter
    Given your credit card situation I would recommend booking and pre-paying for the rental before you go (rental sites, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, etc) so they'll only have to put a hold on a certain dollar amount (this varies) of your credit card limit while you have the car (and for a few days afterwards usually). You'll need additional room on your card to continue using it while you're there...or you could buy a pre-paid USD credit card (one time use, non-reloadable - I think these are available here) before you go as backup.

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    Given your situation I'd say save money and don't bet on a credit card coming in with an unknown limit to plan a last day adventure to another country??

Do you even have insurance??

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    I use Roam mobility. It's great! You keep the sim card and can reuse it anytime you need to head to the USA. Very good pricing and lots of data. Yo do need to get your phone unlocked though.

https://www.roammobility.com/
    We have been using this for a couple years now, its great, set it up online <$4 a day with tons of data etc switch sims at the border or when I land and you're golden. I always use nexus devices which are unlocked but for my dads rogers phones we found a site selling codes for $10 and an hour and its done

I kinda agree with Zex, except he didnt catch its a prepaid card, I think you will run into issues with a pre paid leaving deposits on cars rooms etc.
    I would get a normal TD visa with a 5 grand limit or somthing to make sure

I'm just gunna wing it and hitchhike down naked.

Given that idea, may I suggest purchasing .

FYI

Debit Cards
    Debit Cards are accepted when renting an Economy, Compact, Intermediate, Standard, Full-size, Premium car, SUVs and Minivans only. The estimated amount of the rental plus an additional amount of $350.00 will be assessed against your debit card at the time of rental. We release the hold on funds when the vehicle is returned however, these funds may no longer be available for your immediate use and may take up to 14 days, depending on your bank, to become available.
    We will not be responsible for any returned check(s) or insufficient fund charges or bank fees related to this process. Use of a debit card to rent a Vehicle may be subject to a review of your credit history. The inquiry will be posted on your credit report and may have an effect on your credit score. If the debit card fails to meet our debit card criteria, you may either be unable to rent a Vehicle. or required to present a major credit card in your name to qualify for rental at this location.
    Disabled Drivers
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

who are you going with Jib?
    if they have cards im sure you can simplify things that way?

Ugh, went through sooo many different options it made my head spin.

Figured out the most plausible way (and saving me some money in the process) after spending hours looking into the finer details of things.

Getting a flight/hotel/car package through this last minute deals site that my Dad has a membership with. No weird hidden fees. Sure it won't be on the strip, but the price beats the hell out of what I was last looking at.

Plus I'll have a car to bomb around in. Gunna do the Muscle Car driving package ('13 gt500, C6 z06, Challenger [gag me with a spoon]). I'll save the exotics for next time.