Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cayuga track map...

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    I am installing a front drive axle in my stang. I plan to check out both the in fields and outfields of each corner.......
    I challenge you to see who can cut more grass!

if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

I'm going with the fox on this one

-Don____________

Wow thats quick!! What about shift points? It look like you mostly drive in 2nd and 3rd?

I mostly in 3rd and theres a few spots I think i should be in second.

Mostly turn 6 and turn 9. I'd like to come out of turn 12 in 2nd but not sure when that should happen? Between turn 10 and 11? or maybe before 9 and stay in 2nd untill I come out of 12?

I keep saying I want to try it but so far I just stay in 3rd all around
    Joel,

Awesome write up and video GR. Pulling some serious speed around that course.
    ~Scott B

Most cars will be second and third gear for most of the course. Some might need to grab fourth on the two main straights depending on gearing.

Leaving it in third all of the way around is a good thing for novices to do, helps you to learn the course quicker because you can direct more of your concentration to that. You might think "I can clutch and shift no problem", which may be true, but doing it in the right spots requires some concentration until it becomes memory ... taking away valuable brain cells and neurons from helping you remember the course layout. :-)

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    ^^^ I think I might do that til I get used to the track. I imagine I'll get into 4th on the front straight at least. Don't need to be redlining lol.

if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

I will be running the nitrous on the straights.....
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    ^^^ I think I might do that til I get used to the track. I imagine I'll get into 4th on the front straight at least. Don't need to be redlining lol.
    The 5.0 has enough low end torque to get you around in 3rd nicely. You will run out of RPMs on the 2 straights, and you will need 4th.
    I sometimes try 2nd around #11, but get a bit of wiggle since I haven't perfected heel/toe shifting. I'm smoother if I keep it in 3rd.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Leaving it in third all of the way around is a good thing for novices to do, helps you to learn the course quicker because you can direct more of your concentration to that. You might think "I can clutch and shift no problem", which may be true, but doing it in the right spots requires some concentration until it becomes memory ... taking away valuable brain cells and neurons from helping you remember the course layout. :-)

cheers
    Ed
    This is what usually happens to me. Im so focused on the track and my lines that I say screw it when it come to the gears. I would at least like to try this time mid day after a few sessions. I feel confident enough with my lines and I just want to mentaly prepare for when to shift to 2nd.

Here's what Im thinking correct me if im wrong or if you have a better suggestion:
    Shifting to 2nd at the end of my breaking before turn 2 and keep it in second until after I come out of turn 6. Same thing with turn 9 until i come out of 12. I think my RPM's wont be higher then 5000 in 2nd gear for those parts of the track.

Let me know what you think?
    Joel,

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Most cars will be second and third gear for most of the course. Some might need to grab fourth on the two main straights depending on gearing.

cheers
    Ed
    So what I read here is....... Automagic FTW!
    Ryan Matheson
    Matheson Motorsports
    Call/ Text: (416)688-7670

Amsoil T1-Certified Independent Dealer
    Amsoil Home Page