Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I would rather have...

b1lk1
    In the middle of building my own car, there is not one major system I have not R&R'd. Looking to make my car more of a corner carver than 1/4 mile star, but I want to be able to do both. 13's in the quarter would be nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Agree.

I would end up wrapping a 9-second car around a pole anyway.
    point the damn thing...you'll be fine...

Forget the numbers.. Have fun building it yourself or someone doing it for you. Life is to short to worry about it.
    But trust me on the sunscreen !!

HyperGT
    I like doing both. I can work on some things, and do it for fun and therapy, but others like installing heads or cam or rebuild etc i will leave to someone who has the tools and skill. I see rewards both ways, sometimes life is busy, kids , career etc and there is no time to have fun wrenching i want to Drive. So i pay to have the work done. Either way, big smile on my face having fun is the key. Whichever way.

Everyone I know that runs 9's had to work hard to get there, even if they didn't build the car themselves. Never mind Heinz, but Tiago, Bruce, Mike De Med, the list could go on. Finding the right combo and putting up the number is usually a team effort. It involves not only power and weight, but shift points, tire height, tight belts, drilled rims sometimes, driving skill and the stars to align with headwind and DA.

A lot of stock cars now run mid to low 13's off the showroom floor. Build it, buy it.........who cares. So much smack talk.

Who gives a fuck, always someone with more skills, a bigger wallet and a faster ride. Like what you own and don't tear down other peoples shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Build it, buy it.........who cares. So much smack talk.
    Calm down.

I think this thread is more about personal pride from building your own ride, despite it NOT being the fastest out there.
    -Don____________

12GrabberGT
    Agreed. I think the point the OP is making is that accomplishments that involve sweat equity bring more personal satisfaction.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    I would rather have 1300 hp...

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

I would opt for the build it myself, after all look at my signature.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!