Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bump Steer Kits

IMO Bumpsteer setup can be time consuming and expensive with very little improvement for many.

Do you know anyone that employs that machine around here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Never a downside to using a bumpsteer kit provided it's properly set. Most install n eyeball then call it a day. Done properly, shimming comes down to very small increments. Time consuming and requires a good gauge.

Longacre's version
    http://www.longacreracing.com/products.aspx?prodid=7239

Could not find anyone with one so I bought a Longacre. I think some alignment shops do it via lifting up / pulling down on the chassis to visually observe toe in or toe out. With the gauge set up above, shimming comes down to 20 thou shims, no way you could fine tune that far with your eye. May be why the general consensus is bump steer kits add little to nothing. On a crappy rutted road or under hard braking, difference in my own was well worth the cost and effort involved.

b1lk1
    Well, considering the "quality" of the work done to my car before I got it, I am quite certain it was just tossed in with no care. I'd be even more surprised if they even aligned it. I am so glad I joined these forums, so so much I just do not know or understand about modifying these cars and now it's coming clear to me why so many modded ones do not behave.

Ya you'd think modded cars would be properly Cared for...my car was lowered without caster camber plates, tires worn in the front the wrong way, springs cut, spring isolators missing in the front...Good thing I started taking care of her at least if I ever sell my mustang it'll be super mint for the next customer.

Quote Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
    Well, considering the "quality" of the work done to my car before I got it, I am quite certain it was just tossed in with no care. I'd be even more surprised if they even aligned it. I am so glad I joined these forums, so so much I just do not know or understand about modifying these cars and now it's coming clear to me why so many modded ones do not behave.

Without my bumpsteer properly set yet I have already noticed a difference on uneven pavement. Worth every penny IMO.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    I have a set laying on my shelf in the garage waiting to go in. With the alignment set in the car, the bump steer has been minimized, but not substantially. Would like to slap in the kit and hopefully solve the issue. Add that to a CC plate install later on and I think I'll be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    I have a set laying on my shelf in the garage waiting to go in. With the alignment set in the car, the bump steer has been minimized, but not substantially. Would like to slap in the kit and hopefully solve the issue. Add that to a CC plate install later on and I think I'll be golden.
    You will be, the extra caster you'll be able to get with the CC plates makes a huge difference.