Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Styrofoam's New/Custom Exhaust

Ready to Rumble! Cool Joel

That's the nicest looking disappointment I've ever seen.

You may be better off with that setup, I've seen a few Magnaflow systems rust, seems the stainless may be low grade or too thin? Of course these were winter driven cars but still, I was shocked to see it more than once since they offer the lifetime warranty. Looks like they did a great job and that's all that really matters.

AKAFISH
    Nice exhaust! And great to hear you had a good experience........I went to Matt at GT custom exhaust and he did excellent work on my 95 GT exhaust, great bunch of guys!

it looks great!!

however, what I don't like it about it is that it's all welded together...creates a friggin nightmare for anyone that has to work on your car and needs to remove the exhaust for something, most likely have to drop the axle on this one as it looks like it's even welded to the mufflers and the intermediate pipes! Then trying to get it straight and lined up again is going to be even worse with absolutely no adjustment...I could never have a welded exhaust it (yes I know I adjust mine and switch mine out way more than the average person) however these are just things I think about...

but it does look nice and glad it sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

^^ thats a good point I never thought of that. I'll find out, I'm going there tomorrow
    Joel,

On a side note, only system that comes fitted and with the correct hardware / clamps to readily separate, SLP. If you have no plans for a T arm or Panhard, good to go as is, does look nicely done. Even if you did, worst case scenario, installer cuts the tails off and your return to GT to have em modded n reinstalled.
    Lifetime warranty many mfg's offer on exhaust n springs (Eibach!!!) are not worth the paper it's printed on. Be happy you got a high quality job for the right price n call it a day.

Thanks Rick. What about SFC's I'd like to get that done in the near future. Would the exhaust be in the way? I am very happy with it and cant wait for the next cruise or track day!
    Joel,

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    Ya I think I'll be visiting GT exhaust in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

Quote Originally Posted by Styrofoam04 View Post
    Thanks Rick. What about SFC's I'd like to get that done in the near future. Would the exhaust be in the way? I am very happy with it and cant wait for the next cruise or track day!
    Not in the way for sfc's, not in the way for anything really, I've never had to remove a muffler or tailpipe to service a mustang, they don't block anything. The only reason to remove it is if you wanna go IRS, anything else just unhook the flanges at the mid pipes, it will move to clear whatever you need to work on. If it's all adjusted its better to be welded, no chance it will move. I've had to adjust countless catback systems, often because they hit the axle or fuel tank shield, or because the band clamps don't hold tight enough, blah, blah, better to have it fitted once and be done.