Hey All:

As some of you know, my '87 vert continues along its way towards pretending to be a road race / well handling "sports/muscle" car. While this is an unlikely goal to ever be met, one of the motivations is to continue improving the metrics of the car from what Ford originally did. Seam welded chassis, full frame, 8 pt roll bar, coil overs, Koni double adj sport shocks, full poly/delrin/spherical suspension mounting arrangement, Torsen diff, Cobra brakes, relocated battery.....all the usual small stuff has been done.

Weight reduction efforts will also continue, once the interior and sound system are done; PSP ported alum Victor Jr heads will shave app 50 lbs off the nose in the spring.

Maximum Motorsport Tubular k member and front control arms are in the future as well; which brings us to the point of this thread:

Planning on moving the engine back 1" as allowed by the K member design. It appears only the driveshaft length and collector to catalytic converter pipes will need to be shortened by 1". The trans cross member looks like it will work, clearance between scattershield and firewall looks ok; have BBK 1.75 long tubes going on with the new heads, along with another MM long clutch cable and heat shield.

Has anyone done this, and what comments and insight can you give me? Interested in the improved weight distribution and resulting steering effort reduction and increased front tire bite/ reduced understeer. Will eventually increase the wheelbase by 1.5", as well as widen the front track with Cobra length control arms. I'm of the mind every little bit helps.

Have at er - all comments and thoughts appreciated.