Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Mustang Occasionally
    You were instructed to fire her or it’s something you’ve decided?

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Fuck me... I have to fire a good friend of mine. She moved to my department recently thinking "yay my boss is this guy"... but at the end of the day she isn't working out. I tried to cover for her yesterday but I can't do this. I'm paid to be a leader and my duty is to make sure everything I do is for the good of the company.

This sucks, I have so much stomach acid and just feel like shit. It's not my first firing but this one is tangled up with my "emotions"... normally I'm more robotic with these things.
    I've had to do this on occasion - my approach is a little unconventional - I generally try to find them or assist them in finding a new jobs with contacts in the industry after a good conversation. I try to find a place to best suit their personality (for lack of a better word) but it almost sound like a rational conversation may be all that is needed. After that they are on their own.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Fuck me... I have to fire a good friend of mine. She moved to my department recently thinking "yay my boss is this guy"... but at the end of the day she isn't working out. I tried to cover for her yesterday but I can't do this. I'm paid to be a leader and my duty is to make sure everything I do is for the good of the company.

This sucks, I have so much stomach acid and just feel like shit. It's not my first firing but this one is tangled up with my "emotions"... normally I'm more robotic with these things.
    If she only recently joined your team how is she not working out/performing? Was there a performance issue before she joined the team and you were not advised/did not know? No PIP type process (performance improvement plan type)? Or she did something that warrants "with cause"? If the latter, that's on her not you/leadership.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 08-08-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Anyone used this service ?I was thinking of getting this for all yard work/ post repair debris and garage crap
    Better option than loading recycling bins halfway and making multiple trips to dump site

$50 for bag- something like 170 for pickup

3 cu yards 3000 lbs ,more than what I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

If it’s a short term thing it much cheaper to rent a dump trailer.

If long term then that’s an option.

Note of warning that I found out first hand. Keep it covered from the rain. You usually pay pay to dispose by weight. We had one with a tone of old insulation and didn’t cover it. Soaked up the rain end ended up being stupid heavy. The truck could barely lift it and the driver said it was the heaviest one he had ever picked up. ( also this was a steal bin not fabric but same idea)

stangstevers
    Lol I now have 3 project designations.... on my way with the MBA and I'm signing up for another bachelors...

Wish I wasn't a high school dropout, I'd be pretty far ahead in life today.

But I can't keep this up, the stuff I use to stay awake and get things done is taking a toll on my 40 year old body lol...

I can see why you guys like to pick up your US purchases by crossing the border. Looking at a sequential tail light kit and American Muscle wants $75US shipping on a $140US item!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    I can see why you guys like to pick up your US purchases by crossing the border. Looking at a sequential tail light kit and American Muscle wants $75US shipping on a $140US item!!
    You can also use crossborderpickups, probably cost about $15 for them to bring/ship it over for you

-Usawit2

Thanks, I didn't realize that crossborders handles small packages.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!

Super cool...made myself an account with crossborders and $10 to pick up, $12 to ship. I guess they will send an invoice for payment with the tax and duties?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!