Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
I've been watching with Durham Region COVID data reports since the beginning of the Pandemic. In particular the hospitalizations and deaths. There was a slight spike in both during the "2nd wave", but things normalized again. As for deaths, the young people dying has been less then one handful and people 50-69...a total of 26. The oldest bracket 70-95+ have taken the hardest hit (common knowledge). This in a population of 642,000.

Government projections (worst case) have never been even close when it comes to cases/day and hospitalizations.

On the vaccination front, I'm undecided. I'm old school...what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, and I doubt this will be the last of the virus' we all have to worry/contend with. In fact, the gov't has already indicated a yearly shot may become necessary/recommended.

My daughter works in the hospital and has had two shots, both Pfizer. 1st shot, no side affects whatsoever, 2nd shot, she felt fatigued and also had some chills and a sore arm for about 24 hrs. and was then fine.

Anyone else think its interesting that the government decided that they new better then Pfizer/Moderna when it came to just issuing a single shot....and delaying the 2nd beyond what the companies themselves said?
I’d have to look back but if I recall correctly both Pfizer and moderna. Came back and said that real world testing was showing that one shot was good enough for something like 85-90% efficiency and that the second shot would give the 95 plus and could be given as far as 4-6 months away.

IMO this was the move that should have been made sooner.

Yes ideal situation both shots within the best case scenario time frame but since our government is a cluster fuck and the whole roll out thing has been a fail on both provincial and federal levels.

One shot in twice the people is far better right now. Worse case there if they don’t get the other one In time is there person has fairly good immunity right now and then just need to get both shots again later once we know for sure how long the immunity lasts for. By then hopefully supply has caught up.