PDA

View Full Version : Post whatever is on your mind!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

newbiestangowner
07-28-2019, 06:28 PM
Yeah umm, I saw your "advice" to Screw last week....that's not how we do it, lol.

Why I’d bring business not to mention increased revenue for shareholders lol

They would be “ lifetime “ customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92redragtop
07-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Why I’d bring business not to mention increased revenue for shareholders lol

Oh, that was business development!

We actually do B2B not consumer but I can see how your efforts would drive revenue in consumer finance....lol. but, did you convert him? (negotiation skillz?)

newbiestangowner
07-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Oh, that was business development!

We actually do B2B not consumer but I can see how your efforts would drive revenue in consumer finance....lol. but, did you convert him? (negotiation skillz?)

Oh I had him converted without him even knowing it lol.
If I switch careers I should keep my eye open - I think I’d be a good fit for B2B or consumer, as long as I don’t get put in collections- that’s their problem

92redragtop
07-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Oh I had him converted without him even knowing it lol.
If I switch careers I should keep my eye open - I think I’d be a good fit for B2B or consumer, as long as I don’t get put in collections- that’s their problem

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be in collections.

Harbinger
07-28-2019, 10:21 PM
the 80/20 rule applies nearly everywhere. 20% of the employees actually getting the work done.

I have worked with several "peers" who either do nothing or do everything wrong. After a couple bad experiences with these nitwits most people seeking help avoid these people. This achieves a couple of things, those people get much less work, and as a result commit very few mistakes. They get glowing annual reviews and take their 2% raise making the maximum in their wage bracket.

I was one of the busy people that everyone came to.

I had a monthly meeting with my supervisor and client to review job status. My peer who made 10K more than me also attended. We were supposed to split the workload. In the course of 2 years since transferring in I had completed 200+ jobs, large and small. My peer had 5 still incomplete in the same span. I was grilled every month, my peer fielded no questions but went sailing on the clients boat.

I complained to my non supervising supervisor. He told me to hand work over to my peer. With no authority this had a predicable outcome. I had to complain over my supervisors head up the food chain to a VP before getting my raise to standard rate. By this time it had been 10 years of 10K underpaid.

The client eventually retired with his replacement being more results and fair minded. My peer got transferred out, the workload formerly done by two increased and was all on my shoulders.

I learned that facts and hard work go largely unrecognized and office politics and perception count for a whole hell of a lot more. A lesson learned 100k too late.

If you want something done go to the busiest person.This is literally everywhere. And It kills me to hear this every time. It's all about likability and connections.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Screw
07-28-2019, 10:23 PM
Oh I can do that especially the credit !!!

:spitcoffee:

stangstevers
07-29-2019, 06:53 AM
after driving the fox all weekend and 1200km... getting into the new GT this morning felt like I was piloting a rocket ship trying to slingshot around the sun to hit max speed... holy hell. I'm going to loose my licence today.

stangstevers
07-29-2019, 06:56 AM
the 80/20 rule applies nearly everywhere. 20% of the employees actually getting the work done.

I have worked with several "peers" who either do nothing or do everything wrong. After a couple bad experiences with these nitwits most people seeking help avoid these people. This achieves a couple of things, those people get much less work, and as a result commit very few mistakes. They get glowing annual reviews and take their 2% raise making the maximum in their wage bracket.

I was one of the busy people that everyone came to.

I had a monthly meeting with my supervisor and client to review job status. My peer who made 10K more than me also attended. We were supposed to split the workload. In the course of 2 years since transferring in I had completed 200+ jobs, large and small. My peer had 5 still incomplete in the same span. I was grilled every month, my peer fielded no questions but went sailing on the clients boat.

I complained to my non supervising supervisor. He told me to hand work over to my peer. With no authority this had a predicable outcome. I had to complain over my supervisors head up the food chain to a VP before getting my raise to standard rate. By this time it had been 10 years of 10K underpaid.

The client eventually retired with his replacement being more results and fair minded. My peer got transferred out, the workload formerly done by two increased and was all on my shoulders.

I learned that facts and hard work go largely unrecognized and office politics and perception count for a whole hell of a lot more. A lesson learned 100k too late.

If you want something done go to the busiest person.

I used to think that way, hard not to. Hint: Everyone will accept enough rope to hang themselves with.

As AI gets better and companies are further forced to crunch down on overhead, weak ass employees will be pretty easy to find. There are plenty of ways to see who is bringing value and who isn't.

5.4MarkVIII
07-29-2019, 07:26 AM
This is literally everywhere. And It kills me to hear this every time. It's all about likability and connections.

this is mainly why I went back to working for a small business and then jumped at the opportunity to buy it. I got tired of doing all the work an getting none of the credit. as an apprentice years ago. I would do my work but some of the work for my journeyman. plus help out the other guys, plus teardowns for the appraisers. plus plus plus. and I would always get crap from the boss that my numbers were not where he wanted them to be. finaly he got mad and said I would sink or swim, and put me on flat rate, when he did that I stopped doing all the other stuff and only did my work and was always asking for more. my completed number of jobs went way up. And then EVERYBODY in the shop was mad at me, the guys because I wasn't doing there work anymore. and the boss because "you only work hard when it benefits you"

5.4MarkVIII
07-29-2019, 07:29 AM
I used to think that way, hard not to. Hint: Everyone will accept enough rope to hang themselves with.

As AI gets better and companies are further forced to crunch down on overhead, weak ass employees will be pretty easy to find. There are plenty of ways to see who is bringing value and who isn't.

my FSM threw one of the companies we do service work for retired in may. he had been there forever, and was the best we deal with. he retired and the whole department went to shit. they have now hired THREE people to do the job that he was doing. I don't know what he was being payed, but it wasn't enough.

stangstevers
07-29-2019, 07:59 AM
You guys would hate agile team concepts lol Although in such organizations, weak team members are stupid easy to expose. I'm not micro-managing but I know exactly who's pulling their weight or who isn't. What sucks for me as a manager is the company I work for doesn't really have competitive benefits or salaries to keep or hire the best ones.

5.4MarkVIII
07-29-2019, 02:44 PM
So can’t have all original antique cars anymore?
Trying to find someone to do a certification on the 35 Plymouth I keep being told can’t be certified without seatbelts, turn signals and door mirrors.

Had a guy that said he would do it cuz “if it never had that stuff it would be fine without it” I dropped the car off last week and he just called today and said, no changed his mind won’t do it without that stuff. It was to unsafe to drive without turn signals and seatbelts.

Pissed off now becasie he waisted a week with the car only to tell me no. And now there is no way it’s gonna be done In Time for the bean fest.

RedSN
07-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Do you need a safety certificate to license a historic vehicle? I'd try talking to the MTO (I know, that sounds ridiculous and painful), but I'm sure you're not the first that has asked them how to plate a 90 y/o car

Stephen06GT
07-29-2019, 03:26 PM
... I'd try talking to the MTO (I know, that sounds ridiculous and painful), but I'm sure you're not the first that has asked...

This. I sent them an email when I had a question about the end of the Drive Clean and they got back to me in a few days.

92redragtop
07-29-2019, 03:46 PM
Yes, contact MTO as others have said. I thought if a car didn't have seatbelts you have to retrofit with at least lap belts?

ZR
07-29-2019, 04:47 PM
In the interest of your own safety, all of the above is not a bad idea.
Universal turn signal switch is not difficult to mount / wire in.
IMHO, seat belts of some sort are an absolute must have, again, not difficult to source or install.
Maybe ask the guy if he's ok with everything else and you'll bring back with belts n signals.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1_YUxSkRXkU/maxresdefault.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
07-29-2019, 04:55 PM
oh for sure that is the plan but was hopping to have it certified right away so I can hit some car shows and work on getting signals and seatbelts over the winter.

so I called the local MTO office. 5 min hold, "sorry we cant answer that question you have to call this number" so I call the number she gave me. sit on hold for 18 min, then the phone goes click and disconnects, call back busy signal. get busy signals for about the next 15 min trying to call back. finally get threw again spend about 20 min on hold get connected to someone, ask my questions. sorry sir we don't handle that you need to call this number. grrrrrr. call the number she gives me. 28 min later finally connect to someone. ask my question. "oh, um that's a question Bob normally handles and he leaves at 4:30. *look at clock* its 4:38. "yes sorry. you can try again tomorrow. maybe call earlier...………

"I have been trying to get ahold of you since like 3:00"

"oh.. um.. how about i take your number and have Bob call you in the morning"

IanGTCS
07-29-2019, 08:21 PM
Did my M2 course over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. Managed not to embarrass myself which was my biggest concern. Now to decide what to buy...

92redragtop
07-29-2019, 10:05 PM
Here we go again.....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/capital-one-hacker-gained-access-232944850.html

Capital One: information of over 100 million individuals in U.S., Canada hacked

stangstevers
07-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Yup, welcome to the new world. We all have a gun pointed at our heads... but the gun is some script and the robber is a skinny pimple faced kid with smarts.

Zutz2v
07-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Did my M2 course over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. Managed not to embarrass myself which was my biggest concern. Now to decide what to buy...

Buy a mustang lol I did the course at Humber last year and like you said it was fun. But since I did the course I’ve had 3 friends die. No protection on the damn things. But if you must i vote CBR 600

hammerhead
07-30-2019, 07:50 AM
So can’t have all original antique cars anymore?
Trying to find someone to do a certification on the 35 Plymouth I keep being told can’t be certified without seatbelts, turn signals and door mirrors.

Had a guy that said he would do it cuz “if it never had that stuff it would be fine without it” I dropped the car off last week and he just called today and said, no changed his mind won’t do it without that stuff. It was to unsafe to drive without turn signals and seatbelts.

Pissed off now becasie he waisted a week with the car only to tell me no. And now there is no way it’s gonna be done In Time for the bean fest.

I believe the car can be safetied as it was with all the original setup - same goes for motorcycles. Safety standards have become stricter in Ontario of recent and liability and responsibility is high for licensed shops. That being said its really up to the mechanic and maybe he's not comfortable - if its not a concourse car I would think it would be in your best interest to make it as safe as possible to drive in...you worked really hard on it and I can understand your excitement to drive it. Hope it all works out well for you.

hammerhead
07-30-2019, 08:33 AM
oh for sure that is the plan but was hopping to have it certified right away so I can hit some car shows and work on getting signals and seatbelts over the winter.

so I called the local MTO office. 5 min hold, "sorry we cant answer that question you have to call this number" so I call the number she gave me. sit on hold for 18 min, then the phone goes click and disconnects, call back busy signal. get busy signals for about the next 15 min trying to call back. finally get threw again spend about 20 min on hold get connected to someone, ask my questions. sorry sir we don't handle that you need to call this number. grrrrrr. call the number she gives me. 28 min later finally connect to someone. ask my question. "oh, um that's a question Bob normally handles and he leaves at 4:30. *look at clock* its 4:38. "yes sorry. you can try again tomorrow. maybe call earlier...………

"I have been trying to get ahold of you since like 3:00"

"oh.. um.. how about i take your number and have Bob call you in the morning"

My experience working with the MTO officers on the laws - they never answer the question - the laws are written with grey areas in the end they always have in the past directed people to get a copy of the book from the MTO outlining the safety act and standards. I think too they don't want the responsibility of saying the wrong thing....best to look up and understand the standards. I am licensed to safety tractor trailers so I'm no too much help in regards to cars, but l belief as long as its OEM and it meets all the safety standards It should pass. Maybe just a matter of finding the right mechanic.

DinoZ
07-30-2019, 09:03 AM

A few factors to consider, really only one.

Start small and insurance is not your friend.

Not sure of your age or the type of bike that stirs you but a very good bike to learn, plenty of power and somewhat insurance friendly is an SV650.

IanGTCS
07-30-2019, 10:11 AM
Close to 40, 6'4" and not thin. Did a couple of quick quotes and insurance seems to be in the 800/year range for under 500cc. Classic style bikes or dual sports interest me the most, no interest in pure sport bikes or cruisers. Of the bikes in the course I liked the handling of the CBRs the best but man, just too small for my height. And updated UJM bike would probably be right in my wheelhouse.

Also in no rush to buy. Might wait until later in the fall and look for deals from people who don't want to store their bikes.

92redragtop
07-30-2019, 11:30 AM
Yup, welcome to the new world. We all have a gun pointed at our heads... but the gun is some script and the robber is a skinny pimple faced kid with smarts.

Yup, and the Russians/Ukrainians/North Koreans/Chinese to monetize the hacks. One person arrested so far - appears to have been a compromise through AWS which raises other questions/concerns.

NickD
07-30-2019, 12:20 PM
F*CK UPS
My recliner was delivered today, 120+ lb big ass box.
No one was home, I tried to talk to hi. Through the ring doorbell.
Not sure how he got it out of the truck but it was left on the driveway (surrounded by puddles in 80% humidity)
I left work drove home stuck it in the garage and came back (Mississauga to Burlington)
Im surprised an item like that would be left but come on put it on the damn covered porch

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Harbinger
07-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Who was the delivery company ?

newbiestangowner
07-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Who was the delivery company ?

UPS?? I think

92redragtop
07-30-2019, 02:56 PM
UPS?? I think

Are you stalking him?????

Harbinger
07-30-2019, 03:25 PM
UPS?? I think

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWas curious. Usually if its oversized and it doesn't say "needs signature" or "no safe drop" it's perfectly okay to leave it at the doorstep. Its smaller stuff that can lead to theft etc.

newbiestangowner
07-30-2019, 03:45 PM

Lol- I’m that neighbor!!

I need that chair but box wouldn’t fit the stang. They have insurance no?

RedSN
07-30-2019, 03:51 PM
I need that chair but box wouldn’t fit the stang.

What happened to "because Mustang"?

Using it like a pickup truck
Because Mustang

newbiestangowner
07-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Lol
I guess Lazy boy chair is the limit

newbiestangowner
07-30-2019, 04:09 PM
Was curious. Usually if its oversized and it doesn't say "needs signature" or "no safe drop" it's perfectly okay to leave it at the doorstep. Its smaller stuff that can lead to theft etc.

I think Nick pissed they left it at the end ( opening) driveway lol

Nick, have your seen how long your driveway is. It’s a HOT outside lol
Probably got that heavy computerized motor model with the Alcantara leather with contrasting stitching with motorized self cleaning mode- that shit is heavy- (wink )

Any openings at your work ? I need extra cash but don’t want to do broken fence post repairs, it ruins my baby soft skin in my hands, not to mention it takes 4-6 months to repair 1 post.

newbiestangowner
07-30-2019, 04:25 PM
Anyone have this ? Any good? I was thinking of buying it $219 at Costco- tv speakers are horrible but I guess I could save my $219

Bose solo 5

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190730/73f59125cf11f3229bea6a73b378d71e.jpg

Harbinger
07-30-2019, 05:27 PM
sonos reviews crush the boseBose is over priced for what it is. But it sounds good.

92redragtop
07-30-2019, 06:25 PM
I think Nick pissed they left it at the end ( opening) driveway lol

Nick, have your seen how long your driveway is. It’s a HOT outside lol
Probably got that heavy computerized motor model with the Alcantara leather with contrasting stitching with motorized self cleaning mode- that shit is heavy- (wink )

OK, now it sounds like you opened the box and looked inside during the stake-out.

newbiestangowner
07-30-2019, 06:38 PM
OK, now it sounds like you opened the box and looked inside during the stake-out.

Lol
He tell you I sometimes drive by his house .... just because lol

There might be some boxes from mgw or American muscle

NickD
07-30-2019, 06:38 PM
Was UPS as stated
Box was infront of the garage on the driveway (not on the end but should have not been left or put on the porch like every other package I've ever got) chair is the polaski model from Costco's website.

RedSN
07-30-2019, 06:43 PM
sonos reviews crush the bose
I thought the price was ridiculous, but my wife got it with her bonus, so who was I to argue? But the Sonos sounds great! We have the sound bar, sub, and satellites hooked up to the TV in the living room. For a sleek, non-fussy system it sounds really good.

Then she got outta control and installed Sonos speakers in the rest of the house! LOL.
Not the garage tho, that’s where my college days giant speakers ended up :)

mavrrrick
07-30-2019, 11:40 PM
Close to 40, 6'4" and not thin. Did a couple of quick quotes and insurance seems to be in the 800/year range for under 500cc. Classic style bikes or dual sports interest me the most, no interest in pure sport bikes or cruisers. Of the bikes in the course I liked the handling of the CBRs the best but man, just too small for my height. And updated UJM bike would probably be right in my wheelhouse.

Also in no rush to buy. Might wait until later in the fall and look for deals from people who don't want to store their bikes.

Don’t buy a bike brother. I was hit from behind in 1986 and there are more and worse idiots out there now!! I don’t want to read about you in obits!!!!

Harbinger
07-31-2019, 05:46 AM
Was UPS as stated
Box was infront of the garage on the driveway (not on the end but should have not been left or put on the porch like every other package I've ever got) chair is the polaski model from Costco's website.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkAgreed sorry I for some reason missed the UPS part must have been tired lol

Delivery person should have put it on the porch...really not smart. I would be just as pissed.

stangstevers
07-31-2019, 06:53 AM
I just put traffic cones around my car in the parking lot... this chick in a shit mobile keeps parking about 6" from my car over the yellow line each day... Let's see what happens lol

stangstevers
07-31-2019, 07:38 AM
I took a pic of my douche-bag move... lol I'll see if it works later this morning...

Harbinger
07-31-2019, 09:59 PM
Lol update us

stangstevers
08-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Didn't work at all... she parked in an angle and still close to my car... this morning. No cone and the **** is still parked over the yellow line. I'm going to print a "you park like a fucking moron" piece of paper and put it on the windshield.

stangstevers
08-01-2019, 11:44 AM
So... those dangerous retards allowed a day pass at camh. Why can't they just put a GPS device under their skin so they can be tracked? Or not have this in a busy city, maybe move it to the artic or something?

Zutz2v
08-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Didn't work at all... she parked in an angle and still close to my car... this morning. No cone and the **** is still parked over the yellow line. I'm going to print a "you park like a fucking moron" piece of paper and put it on the windshield.

Why do t you park like an asshole in both lanes ?

stangstevers
08-01-2019, 01:37 PM
I'm going to take the Edge to work one day and park 1" from her door... lol

RedSN
08-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Ghost Rider can give you some pointers for that.

Ghost Rider
08-01-2019, 02:37 PM
^^^yeah, 1" that's some amateur type shit!! LOL

although you did pretty damn good yourself Don on that Fall Colours Cruise that one year LOL!

Scrape
08-01-2019, 08:28 PM
I have this and sounds great. Got it at 50% years ago and wouldn't have paid full retail on it though.https://cdn2.expertreviews.co.uk/sites/expertreviews/files/styles/er_main_wide/public/2016/01/bose_solo_15_1.jpg?itok=jJoDrC3g

Anyone have this ? Any good? I was thinking of buying it $219 at Costco- tv speakers are horrible but I guess I could save my $219

Bose solo 5

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190730/73f59125cf11f3229bea6a73b378d71e.jpg

newbiestangowner
08-01-2019, 08:53 PM
I have this and sounds great. Got it at 50% years ago and wouldn't have paid full retail on it though.https://cdn2.expertreviews.co.uk/sites/expertreviews/files/styles/er_main_wide/public/2016/01/bose_solo_15_1.jpg?itok=jJoDrC3g

Thanks L! I’ve been looking for something that doesn’t break the bank. Tv does have sound but those tiny speakers just sound so crap. It’s funny kids ask what did they say? Heck I didn’t even figure it out and by then the scene is over. I don’t want to watch with closed captioning for the hearing impaired! As Richard outed me for not quite being mid 20 anymore; I’m not that old.

Scrape
08-01-2019, 09:15 PM
Check out the Bose outlet for refurbs. Toronto Premium Outlet has one.

BTW, I want one of those Pear Fritters you posted. That’s what is on my mind lol.

newbiestangowner
08-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Check out the Bose outlet for refurbs. Toronto Premium Outlet has one.

BTW, I want one of those Pear Fritters you posted. That’s what is on my mind lol.

Thx will do. Funny I’m all frittered out lol
Must have ate a dozen by myself

Scrape
08-01-2019, 09:21 PM
LOL!

newbiestangowner
08-01-2019, 09:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190802/dd195de4bee596de2d48f62725f4786e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190802/addb10ab8cd423fa8464ab790102196a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190802/01eae30aa255237b4ccf8fe0a09c50fb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190802/35443b75f78b4724e986aabf5d6aedc3.jpg

For those wondering what the heck these 2 yo yos talking bout

Scrape
08-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Now you have done it. You now will have to bring me some to Blackstock.

newbiestangowner
08-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Now you have done it. You now will have to bring me some to Blackstock.

I would actually but maybe will get soggy by the time I arrive

stangstevers
08-02-2019, 05:32 AM
Someone talk me out of buying a supercharger kit for the notch... I'm thinking i should wait and just coyote swap it next year before paint...

Fuck.

5.4MarkVIII
08-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Someone talk me out of buying a supercharger kit for the notch... I'm thinking i should wait and just coyote swap it next year before paint...

Fuck.

DO IT!

oh wait, I might have done that wrong

5.4MarkVIII
08-02-2019, 08:55 PM
What’s on my mind?

2020 mini clubman JCW. AWD with 301hp out of the box.

Scrape
08-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Nice.
What’s on my mind?

2020 mini clubman JCW. AWD with 301hp out of the box.

5.4MarkVIII
08-03-2019, 07:37 AM
I wish there was a place where business could review customers. you know. this guys made my wife cry because his part showed up a day late. this lady asked for service then refused to pay her bill. ect. wonder if people would be less dicks if others knew publicly how bad they treated people.

this is a review that was left at my store yesterday

it was one star and this is the note left with it.
"We bought a gas range and within a year the appliance gas valve leaked naturaL gas into our home which prompted urgent phone call to the fire department to shut off the natural gas into the home, as well as a natural gas specialist to diagnose the leak from the appliance which cost over $200. There was no sympathy at all from the retailer, they said this happens all the time on their natural gas ranges and charged us over $200 for the replacement of the valve which was just over a year old. I’m now out over 400 dollars for an appliance that’s worth just over 500 and I’m nervous about another gas leak. Would recommend staying far away from this retailer."

the real story is. the stove was 3 years old (so not within a year, instead 2 years out of warrenty) union gas does leak tests free of charge for thier customers so the "natural gas specialist" did not cost him anything.

he called us and we went out. found the gas leaking threw the oven valve. pulled the valve off and it was full of debris. which caused the valve to stick open. priced him a new valve. total cost to repair was $204 this includeds the part and the labour/diagnosis.

he said go ahead and fix please. so we did. AFTER it was fixed he got all pissed off. claimed it was out fault. I told him we are not forever responcable for the product, we did not install the product and im not responcable for the condition of his gas lines in his house. which were most likely the casue of the rust and debris that was INSIDE the valve. he was pissed demanded that we pay the bill, and demanded that we give him a discount on a washer and dryer he wanted to buy.

worst part is all this happend a year ago and he leaves that review yesterday, why? becasue he recived ANOTHER reminder that his bill was past due. HE STILL HASNT PAID for the call. and has the nerve to leave a bad reiveiw with no intent other than to hurt my business out of spite.

this is why i have such a poor out look on society. nothing but self entitled jerks, with no problem screwing people over

Screw
08-03-2019, 07:46 AM
^^ yup it’s a tough being in customer service these days ...especially with reviews that they can put out there that have no Fkn substance

True Blue
08-03-2019, 08:22 AM
5.4MarkVIII,

Can you not leave a message pointing out the inaccuracy of their review?

Scrape
08-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Wow. Some customers are so rude. Sorry to hear about this.

hammerhead
08-03-2019, 09:01 AM

saw this crash on Friday before the long weekend commute home - i was about 5km away when it happened - two cars but it didn't look good for the occupants of this one as it appeared to have rolled and stopped on drivers door. The heat was unbelievable. The view from the other side was horrific as the cab was completely engulfed. I believed it looked like this vehicle may have tried to cross southbound lanes to get to northbound lanes and maybe took a chance...i didn't hear about the outcome yet - Caledon Hill on hwy10 southbound lanes....very sad to see!

Screw
08-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Seeing stuff like that does leave an imprinted image with you for a bit , hoping that the occupants made it out

92redragtop
08-03-2019, 11:53 AM

saw this crash on Friday before the long weekend commute home - i was about 5km away when it happened - two cars but it didn't look good for the occupants of this one as it appeared to have rolled and stopped on drivers door. The heat was unbelievable. The view from the other side was horrific as the cab was completely engulfed. I believed it looked like this vehicle may have tried to cross southbound lanes to get to northbound lanes and maybe took a chance...i didn't hear about the outcome yet - Caledon Hill on hwy10 southbound lanes....very sad to see!

That is a bad stretch for fatalities - wide, busy, and fast, and people get impatient and try to cross. Sad to see.

5.4MarkVIII
08-03-2019, 12:27 PM
5.4MarkVIII,

Can you not leave a message pointing out the inaccuracy of their review?

They sc pros say your not suppose to. Just say sorry and offer assistance to resolve.

I however did very politely and point out the inaccuracy of his statements. And the. Offered to assist if he would contact me with payment for the outstanding money owed

92redragtop
08-03-2019, 12:40 PM
That seems reasonable considering his unreasonable review. Too bad you can't have him pay in advance.

newbiestangowner
08-03-2019, 08:29 PM
High Commander wanted me to do All the weeds from garden and interlock, well I took out ALL the weeds including plants/trees everything lol
Easy peezy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/223bf93d57f227e2d4e42b6daf937c98.jpg

Good she’s not home , now what to put in all this empty space

Stephen06GT
08-04-2019, 08:55 AM

Here is another photo of the crash from an article in the Caledon Enterprise

https://dynamicmedia.zuza.com/zz/m/original_/4/3/43b0a562-b2d7-4a71-be7e-f208e0925d3a/Vehiclefire___Super_Portrait.jpg

RedSN
08-04-2019, 09:53 AM
High Commander wanted me to do All the weeds from garden and interlock, well I took out ALL the weeds including plants/trees everything lol
Easy peezy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/223bf93d57f227e2d4e42b6daf937c98.jpg

Good she’s not home , now what to put in all this empty space
Good little saw. I just got the exact same one.

hammerhead
08-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Here is another photo of the crash from an article in the Caledon Enterprise

https://dynamicmedia.zuza.com/zz/m/original_/4/3/43b0a562-b2d7-4a71-be7e-f208e0925d3a/Vehiclefire___Super_Portrait.jpg

There was a lot of people taking pics - that was just before I got there - when I came past this side of the cab was totally engulfed and the glass had not broke yet. To the right just out of the camera shot was a white SUV I think a Lexus with front end damage and the air bags deployed.

RedSN
08-05-2019, 10:01 AM
I’m assuming the driver isn’t still in the truck in that pic?

hammerhead
08-05-2019, 10:19 AM

I have no idea Don - I tried to find out in the news. When it happened I was down in the flat section when I could see light smoke coming off the hill - I was going of detour onto Forks of the Credit rd. But notice their was no lanes closed so kept going - no fire trucks yet two cops and toe trucks and traffic just slowing - there was lots of people stopped so I hope somebody grid to help - I even said to my wife I hope somebody tied to help when it was jus light smoke - by the other car there was some woman crying - I drove thru the scene today and judging by the marks on the road I think it may have been a head on just before the Escarpment Side Rd. Seen in the pic - fire trucks arrived just as I passed it - very scary but it looks like the passenger window was opened with smoke coming out...

92redragtop
08-05-2019, 11:47 AM

I would hope they crawled out passenger window or someone helped them out.

stangstevers
08-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Clay bar, compound, polish glaze, wax. . I'm too old for this shit... but the GT is shiny as fak

True Blue
08-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Changed the transmission tail shaft seal on the Bullitt. Refilled the trans to the revised level. No more notchy shift going into 2nd gear! A win win, no more leaks and shifts like butter. 🙂

stangstevers
08-06-2019, 06:58 AM
Some kid was trying to break into our street's houses... I stayed awake between 2 and 4 and hid behind my gate with a crowbar... I guess 2 nights in a row was enough for him I would have broke his legs and fingers this morning. I am tired this morning though.

stangstevers
08-06-2019, 08:51 AM
I'm going to have to do some landscaping... undo all the old paving stones, redesign the entrance and build it nicely... back breaking work coming up.

Harbinger
08-06-2019, 09:48 AM
I just wanted to say that I am extremely disappointed with Steeda. I ordered full length subframe connectors from them on July 18th and still don't have them. I've called them the last two weeks once a week to confirm when they will arrive and was told each time it should arrive within a day or so or by the end of the week. It's going to be 3 weeks since I ordered it this coming Thursday.

I could have ordered MM Subframes from the USA instead of the steeda and had them installed before august. I'm super frustrated. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing with steeda ?

Screw
08-06-2019, 10:08 AM
Week off and it’s gotta rain :( wth

newbiestangowner
08-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Week off and it’s gotta rain :( wth

As long as I’m off- I don’t care lol
If u bored u can help me straighten a faking tree( in the background)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190806/ec74fc8413db52d250feb257f350ff39.jpg

At this point i dunno- post repairs?

Oh I still have shit leftover I dunno what to do with

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190806/1f6c60be60ebda47d1994ac2639573f6.jpg

Looks like a fresh grave,

Condo living is looking good right now
Fak, fak, fak

Lol

Screw
08-06-2019, 10:20 AM
As long as I’m off- I don’t care lol
If u bored u can help me straighten a faking tree( in the background)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190806/ec74fc8413db52d250feb257f350ff39.jpg

I’m trying to avoid the to-do list I could use ur chainsaw too ,I’ll see how my hacksawl works out first :)
-re caulk shower
-remove dead tree(s)
-clean garage
-trim bushes
-clean out work truck
-deck maintenance

Pack a bag and gtfo of here is easier

newbiestangowner
08-06-2019, 10:23 AM
I’m trying to avoid the to-do list I could use ur chainsaw too ,I’ll see how my hacksawl works out first :)
-re caulk shower
-remove dead tree(s)
-clean garage
-trim bushes
-clean out work truck
-deck maintenance

Pack a bag and gtfo of here is easier

Ur right!! When High Commander said we not really doing anything- I knew this gonna happen!

Chainsaw by the way is borrowed lol
Buddy saying wtf “ you had it a week , what u cutting?”

And I noticed this $$$$

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190806/1bf90c29919bebf31e00f65b29429266.jpg

Screw
08-06-2019, 10:32 AM
...and then a window appears

newbiestangowner
08-06-2019, 10:44 AM
...and then a window appears

Moisture in between glass lol

Screw
08-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Oh ok was that hidden by a tree b4 ?

newbiestangowner
08-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Oh ok was that hidden by a tree b4 ?

No, blinds not opened too much there and it wasn’t as bad as this- maybe re gas ? Or whatever tapping into window without full replacement? Don’t know if that’s even possible

hammerhead
08-06-2019, 11:08 AM
No, blinds not opened too much there and it wasn’t as bad as this- maybe re gas ? Or whatever tapping into window without full replacement? Don’t know if that’s even possible

There are companies that just do glass - Glass Doctor Barrie area

Screw
08-06-2019, 11:14 AM
I can vouch for Glass Dr , had companies come quote an awkward high round window I think hoping I would take the bait, Glass Dr was reasonable & quick no fuss , got it done .
These other guys wanted to make a project out of it and were up to 1k more & saw I was a little desperate as I had my house listed , dirty fkrs

stangstevers
08-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Feels like WWIII is starting, interesting to witness history if this happens. Something tells me it won't be nuclear but information hacking...

USAWIT2
08-06-2019, 01:08 PM
-re caulk shower
-remove dead tree(s)
-clean garage
-trim bushes
-clean out work truck
-deck maintenance

Pack a bag and gtfo of here is easierNo need for a chainsaw, sawzall with a wood blade goes thru the dirt to get at the roots too

-Usawit2

True Blue
08-06-2019, 02:15 PM
I'm off for the week, giving myself a break from the house chores. Making some time to work on the Bullitt, spent 5 hrs detailing the underneath, bloody trans seal made a mess. Next on the list is breaking out the polisher and pads, giving the old girl a minor paint correction and polish.

Ghost Rider
08-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Feels like WWIII is starting, interesting to witness history if this happens. Something tells me it won't be nuclear but information hacking...

are you typing this cause today is August 6th? or unrelated?

Scrape
08-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Nice! Have fun doing that.
I'm off for the week, giving myself a break from the house chores. Making some time to work on the Bullitt, spent 5 hrs detailing the underneath, bloody trans seal made a mess. Next on the list is breaking out the polisher and pads, giving the old girl a minor paint correction and polish.

92redragtop
08-06-2019, 05:36 PM
are you typing this cause today is August 6th? or unrelated?

Maybe Russia warning Trump about developing new nukes? While NK is firing off even more missiles (2nd firing in a couple weeks).

5.4MarkVIII
08-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Up in Bon Echo camping for the week.

Our dog was not doing well last week. Wouldn’t eat and just laid in the back yard all day.

Friday he seems to come around and was up playing started to eat a bit but not his normal glutten

Got a msg from my day around 5 that they went over to feed him and he wouldn’t get up. They talked to the vet who offered to open up late and have a look. My parents went back out at 6 and he had passed.

12 years old. My wife and I got him right after we got married. It’s killing me right now that we were not there and he had to pass alone.

Now, tell the kids and ruin their week or wait till we get back.....

DinoZ
08-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Oh man really so sorry for your loss. It was the hardest thing I went through when I lost mine after 18 years. If they were not so loyal and always by your side, one might feel sad but not heart wrenching.

Telling the kids might be best left when you get back although you both know your kids better than us.

Again, my sympathies for your loss.

Armen
08-06-2019, 08:25 PM
So, so sorry, man. It's a tough time.

Old Fart
08-06-2019, 09:22 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Zutz2v
08-06-2019, 09:45 PM

Our dog was not doing well last week. Wouldn’t eat and just laid in the back yard all day.

Friday he seems to come around and was up playing started to eat a bit but not his normal glutten

Got a msg from my day around 5 that they went over to feed him and he wouldn’t get up. They talked to the vet who offered to open up late and have a look. My parents went back out at 6 and he had passed.

12 years old. My wife and I got him right after we got married. It’s killing me right now that we were not there and he had to pass alone.

Thoughts and prayers are with you

Laffs
08-06-2019, 10:06 PM

First off, my sincere condolences man. Been through this and I know it's one of the most awful feelings in the world.

Secondly don't beat up on yourself up about not being there. I lost both my dogs in a two day span. First one I wasn't around and rushed home after it happened. Wasn't my intention but ended up I was there to say goodbye to my other dog as she passed that evening. It doesn't make the pain hurt any less getting to say goodbye in my opinion, I miss them both every day. It been over a year now and I'm tearing up thinking about it. Focus on the good memories and know that they had a good life.

Definitely take your time to figure out how you want to break it to you kids. Honestly not a parent so can't even imagine how I'd do that. Hope you can stay strong.

RedSN
08-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Aw man, sorry to hear about that. Dogs are the best. Nothing but unconditional love.

Stephen06GT
08-06-2019, 11:59 PM
Sorry for your loss.

92redragtop
08-07-2019, 01:27 AM
So sorry for your loss. You got some extra time with him (he wasn't doing well a little while back IIRC but recovered somewhat I think) so that was a positive. I know he had a good life with your family.

It's hard not being there though - our last dog passed away in vet emerg while I was asleep in the car/parking lot outside. She was in an oxygenated cage due to breathing problems (they wouldn't let me stay in the room with her) and they called me in after she had a heart attack around 4:30am and they said she had just succumbed to it - I hope she knew I was there but it still pains me today that I wasn't with her when she had the heart attack.

Scrape
08-07-2019, 01:51 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Probably best to let them know though.

mavrrrick
08-07-2019, 07:04 AM
Sorry for your loss brother. Pets a a big part of the family imo.

5.4MarkVIII
08-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Thanks everyone. Was along night. And made the decision to tell the kids this am. My 9 year old took it pretty hard but I’m not sure the 6 year old gets it.

92redragtop
08-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Is he at the vet still? We took our dogs to the crematorium ourselves and waited for their ashes (if you wanted to go that way - chance to say goodbye).

Ghost Rider
08-07-2019, 12:02 PM
That's rough for sure, sorry to hear, always tough losing a "Family" member which a lot of pets become no question!

5.4MarkVIII
08-07-2019, 12:16 PM
We are away till Sunday. Trying to fight the want to back up and head back.

My parents took him to the vet. We won’t keep his ashes but they are making a casting of his paw for us.

92redragtop
08-07-2019, 12:22 PM
We are away till Sunday. Trying to fight the want to back up and head back.

My parents took him to the vet. We won’t keep his ashes but they are making a casting of his paw for us.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure your vet will keep him until you get back. They know it's tough and there is a grieving process.

Screw
08-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear man :(

hsousa88
08-07-2019, 02:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your pup.. dogs really are something else. My current lil guy is 12 soon and he puts a smile on my face everyday. Don’t beat yourself up.. from my experience dogs prefer to be alone when they pass. Bon Echo is beautiful.. enjoy your time off.

stangstevers
08-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Fuck me... I have to fire a good friend of mine. She moved to my department recently thinking "yay my boss is this guy"... but at the end of the day she isn't working out. I tried to cover for her yesterday but I can't do this. I'm paid to be a leader and my duty is to make sure everything I do is for the good of the company.

This sucks, I have so much stomach acid and just feel like shit. It's not my first firing but this one is tangled up with my "emotions"... normally I'm more robotic with these things.

Armen
08-08-2019, 07:19 AM
You were instructed to fire her or it’s something you’ve decided?

hammerhead
08-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Fuck me... I have to fire a good friend of mine. She moved to my department recently thinking "yay my boss is this guy"... but at the end of the day she isn't working out. I tried to cover for her yesterday but I can't do this. I'm paid to be a leader and my duty is to make sure everything I do is for the good of the company.

This sucks, I have so much stomach acid and just feel like shit. It's not my first firing but this one is tangled up with my "emotions"... normally I'm more robotic with these things.

I've had to do this on occasion - my approach is a little unconventional - I generally try to find them or assist them in finding a new jobs with contacts in the industry after a good conversation. I try to find a place to best suit their personality (for lack of a better word) but it almost sound like a rational conversation may be all that is needed. After that they are on their own.

92redragtop
08-08-2019, 10:14 AM

If she only recently joined your team how is she not working out/performing? Was there a performance issue before she joined the team and you were not advised/did not know? No PIP type process (performance improvement plan type)? Or she did something that warrants "with cause"? If the latter, that's on her not you/leadership.

newbiestangowner
08-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Anyone used this service ?I was thinking of getting this for all yard work/ post repair debris and garage crap
Better option than loading recycling bins halfway and making multiple trips to dump site

$50 for bag- something like 170 for pickup

3 cu yards 3000 lbs ,more than what I need

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/c2ca12a4d4ba4104290f370d00537c53.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190808/138d7cda8f57fc13b282a60ca12de447.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
08-08-2019, 08:45 PM
If it’s a short term thing it much cheaper to rent a dump trailer.

If long term then that’s an option.

Note of warning that I found out first hand. Keep it covered from the rain. You usually pay pay to dispose by weight. We had one with a tone of old insulation and didn’t cover it. Soaked up the rain end ended up being stupid heavy. The truck could barely lift it and the driver said it was the heaviest one he had ever picked up. ( also this was a steal bin not fabric but same idea)

stangstevers
08-09-2019, 06:32 AM
Lol I now have 3 project designations.... on my way with the MBA and I'm signing up for another bachelors...

Wish I wasn't a high school dropout, I'd be pretty far ahead in life today.

But I can't keep this up, the stuff I use to stay awake and get things done is taking a toll on my 40 year old body lol...

Old Fart
08-11-2019, 10:24 AM
I can see why you guys like to pick up your US purchases by crossing the border. Looking at a sequential tail light kit and American Muscle wants $75US shipping on a $140US item!!

USAWIT2
08-11-2019, 10:39 AM
I can see why you guys like to pick up your US purchases by crossing the border. Looking at a sequential tail light kit and American Muscle wants $75US shipping on a $140US item!!You can also use crossborderpickups, probably cost about $15 for them to bring/ship it over for you

-Usawit2

Old Fart
08-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Thanks, I didn't realize that crossborders handles small packages.

Old Fart
08-11-2019, 02:31 PM
Super cool...made myself an account with crossborders and $10 to pick up, $12 to ship. I guess they will send an invoice for payment with the tax and duties?

5.4MarkVIII
08-11-2019, 05:49 PM
6 hour drive home today. got home to one less wagging tail. no one to "help" me wash off the tents. he would always be so excited and play in or just lay on the pile of ice from the coolers.
56 calls waiting for me at work. going to be a LONG week

92redragtop
08-11-2019, 06:06 PM
I can see why you guys like to pick up your US purchases by crossing the border. Looking at a sequential tail light kit and American Muscle wants $75US shipping on a $140US item!!

I think Barone Performance handles American Muscle products - check with them for pricing.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?14800-American-Muscle-Parts-from-Barone-Performance

Old Fart
08-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Thanks, but the American Muscle kit has a part on back order for a few weeks plus it's much more expensive than the one at Autotrix.net....I'm a stingy old fart!

stangstevers
08-12-2019, 08:18 AM
http://www.funnybeing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/This-Is-Me-On-Monday.jpg

You know they promised shorter work weeks when the typewriter was invented... and again once the computer arrived at the workplace.

Where the fuck is my 3 or 4 day weekend?

RedSN
08-12-2019, 08:21 AM
^^^same place where the "temporary" Income War Tax lives

stangstevers
08-12-2019, 05:34 PM
I have motortrend channel in the background and I'm wondering who watches this? I mean judging by the commercials: low testosterone, impotence, curved dick...

Jesus... lol

92redragtop
08-12-2019, 05:47 PM
^^Sure you're not watching Fox News?

RedSN
08-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Home invasion sends man to hospital with gunshot wound.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/suspected-home-invasion-markham-boxwood-1.5244415

Just up the street from a former TMC member.

92redragtop
08-12-2019, 11:26 PM
Targetted?

RedSN
08-13-2019, 08:40 AM
How can the public offer information with no description of the suspects. Why no description
Because they were wearing masks?

Two masked thugs entered a residence on Boxwood Cres., south of 14th Ave., around 1:50 p.m. and shot a man in what officers are calling a suspected home invasion, said York Regional Police Const. Andy Pattenden.

Laffs
08-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Need more coffee.

stangstevers
08-13-2019, 04:24 PM
you finance guys are boring...

profit/loss statement, income statements, cash flow statements... blah... BORING I hate this course.

stangstevers
08-14-2019, 11:52 AM
I crashed at 8pm yesterday, almost crawled upstairs on my hands and knees... so little energy. I'm going to take a break from school and work, taking 3 days off to go to a cottage, unplugged and drinking beer.

NickD
08-14-2019, 01:51 PM
Want to give a shout out to Rick (ZR) and Ross for the work done and then the help yesterday.
I dropped the car of last week to install the 6060 transmission. After missing a bunch of bolts and some other issues (BMR [emoji36]) I picked it up Monday night. I planned to bring it to work Tuesday to get some miles on the new clutch but the car would not start. After lots of phone calls and measuring every fuse etc it ended up being the clutch switch. I got to take it for a quick drive last night to pickup takeout and it's so smooth and nice and the gear ratios are awesome. I can't wait to put 1000km and be able to beat on it and launch the car. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190814/d5dfc26e37ed9e8240d9059f68eebdf6.jpg

stangstevers
08-14-2019, 02:05 PM
That's the nicest (05?) Mustang I've ever seen!

92redragtop
08-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Launch the car?

RedSN
08-14-2019, 02:27 PM
SEND IT!

Stephen06GT
08-14-2019, 03:50 PM
Launch the car?

Where is the landing photo?

92redragtop
08-14-2019, 04:08 PM
Where is the landing photo?

That's for Nick to write......

Black Sheep
08-14-2019, 05:07 PM
That's the nicest (05?) Mustang I've ever seen!

It looks way better the way it sits now....nothing wrong with the red stripes....but...this looks hauuuuwt.

Screw
08-14-2019, 05:55 PM
I crashed at 8pm yesterday, almost crawled upstairs on my hands and knees... so little energy. I'm going to take a break from school and work, taking 3 days off to go to a cottage, unplugged and drinking beer.

That’s why I packed a bag & drove north

NickD
08-14-2019, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the compliments, by launch I meant be able to actually leave in 1st gear quickly, the 4.10s were way to steep with the 3650, and I was afraid of breaking something so haven't been to the drag strip in a couple years. I'd really like to see what it will do. 17861

True Blue
08-15-2019, 06:06 AM
The original 1968 Mustang GT from the movie Bullitt will be heading to the auction block come January...

Harbinger
08-15-2019, 06:47 AM
I would go for webelectric sequencial kits. Iv had one on the GT before i took it out when i sold it.it also needs a raxiom relay to go with it so it flashes at a reasonable speed.

stangstevers
08-15-2019, 07:33 AM
My dream is to build a tire/detail/wrap shop... a high-end luxury spot to get your car detailed (ceramic coated), tires/wheels installed and car wrapped/tinted... Maybe even make it exclusive for exotic, classic and muscle cars. Nicely appointed waiting room with coffee bar, hot chicks at reception, marble floors and white-glove treatment for your ride.

I need to do the research for a business plan and see how feasible this all is.

Laffs
08-15-2019, 08:31 AM
My dream is to build a tire/detail/wrap shop... a high-end luxury spot to get your car detailed (ceramic coated), tires/wheels installed and car wrapped/tinted... Maybe even make it exclusive for exotic, classic and muscle cars. Nicely appointed waiting room with coffee bar, hot chicks at reception, marble floors and white-glove treatment for your ride.

Good friend of mine runs a shop locally that does tint, ppf/wraps and aesthetic modifications. Mostly on higher end and exotic cars. He's paired himself with a local high end detailer and they refer work to each other and also tag up on certain jobs. Fair warning, what you're describing would require a staggering amount of man power and overhead. He works solo and it takes about a week to do a full 100% color change wrap (including jambs and all hidden areas). Likewise most of his clients while understanding, aren't interested in waiting around and half of the cars show up on trucks. Similarly the detailer takes a few days to do a full high end correction. They both have made a name for themselves and get work mostly on referral from other high end car owners but the constant complaint i hear (beyond deadlines and hours) is there's no shortage of guys working out of a garage trying to chop your prices down or claim they can do it faster.

In the same vein our local high end auto repair shop has a cafe/bistro in it, can't say I've ever seen it very busy at all.

hammerhead
08-15-2019, 10:35 AM

Sounds good - there are some high end wrap shops in Toronto - I looked into this before tough sell on doing colour change wraps but may do well with commercial advertising wraps - also big in Toronto - but I know a guy who does aftermarket ad on's to vehicles and tinting and he does well - to do all the functions you listed will need a lot of clean shop space...

Uncle Buck
08-15-2019, 12:12 PM
It's hard to be at work when the front porch looks like this.

92redragtop
08-15-2019, 12:22 PM
Address?

Uncle Buck
08-15-2019, 12:37 PM
Address?

Too late, my daughter brought them inside.

Mellow Yellow
08-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Good friend of mine runs a shop locally that does tint, ppf/wraps and aesthetic modifications. Mostly on higher end and exotic cars. He's paired himself with a local high end detailer and they refer work to each other and also tag up on certain jobs. Fair warning, what you're describing would require a staggering amount of man power and overhead. He works solo and it takes about a week to do a full 100% color change wrap (including jambs and all hidden areas). Likewise most of his clients while understanding, aren't interested in waiting around and half of the cars show up on trucks. Similarly the detailer takes a few days to do a full high end correction. They both have made a name for themselves and get work mostly on referral from other high end car owners but the constant complaint i hear (beyond deadlines and hours) is there's no shortage of guys working out of a garage trying to chop your prices down or claim they can do it faster.

In the same vein our local high end auto repair shop has a cafe/bistro in it, can't say I've ever seen it very busy at all.

But Chris, this is the Essex County/Windsor way. It's not limited to the automotive industry. Years ago when I started on my own I only did computer installs (accounting software). I was high end but guaranteed my work....everyone and their uncle undercut me by at least 50%. I did get some calls to fix others work but it became tiresome. So now I don't do computer work and stick to accounting and tax.

mavrrrick
08-15-2019, 01:39 PM

mavrrrick
08-15-2019, 01:43 PM

What!!! no rub n tug....lol

hammerhead
08-15-2019, 02:04 PM

Good points - doing a quality wrap is as intensive as a paint job - I decided against going ahead for a number of reasons but one that got me thinking was do I really want to remove door handles - lights - grills etc from cars in excess of 100,000.00 - tuner kids don't care and will wrap over rust - but to do all the re and re to make the job mint is very time consuming and frankly just scares me lol

Laffs
08-15-2019, 04:11 PM
But Chris, this is the Essex County/Windsor way. It's not limited to the automotive industry. Years ago when I started on my own I only did computer installs (accounting software). I was high end but guaranteed my work....everyone and their uncle undercut me by at least 50%. I did get some calls to fix others work but it became tiresome. So now I don't do computer work and stick to accounting and tax.

Oh I know. Run in to it daily. Still doesnt annoy me any less...

5.4MarkVIII
08-15-2019, 08:49 PM
If a cow stops producing milk does that make it a Milk Dud or an Udder Failure

Ghost Rider
08-15-2019, 09:05 PM
It's hard to be at work when the front porch looks like this.

LOL, nice!!

Laffs
08-15-2019, 10:11 PM
If a cow stops producing milk does that make it a Milk Dud or an Udder Failure

Think it makes it hamburgers.

stangstevers
08-16-2019, 07:12 AM
So I keep getting work I don't want, I would have 3 houses right now to do with a lot of crown, wainscoting and trim lol Maybe this winter for fun when things die down a little. I do enjoy doing this sort of work.

Zutz2v
08-16-2019, 09:23 AM
So I keep getting work I don't want, I would have 3 houses right now to do with a lot of crown, wainscoting and trim lol Maybe this winter for fun when things die down a little. I do enjoy doing this sort of work.

Your crazy, when there’s work you take it

stangstevers
08-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Maybe in the winter, not right now. I got enough on me plate. lol

Speaking of plates... I'm hungry as fak.

Laffs
08-16-2019, 09:45 AM
There seems to be a frick tonne of work right now. We're booked solid until November and we just got a few more jobs. Problem is they all want work to start yesterday and there's a serious shortage of manpower right now.

Zutz2v
08-16-2019, 10:47 AM
There seems to be a frick tonne of work right now. We're booked solid until November and we just got a few more jobs. Problem is they all want work to start yesterday and there's a serious shortage of manpower right now.

Always man, work always comes all at once. Your either swamped or your dead

RedSN
08-16-2019, 10:50 AM
boom or bust

5.4MarkVIII
08-16-2019, 12:42 PM

I can barely keep up.

And trying to get a garage addition started and can’t fine anyone with time.

Chinga
08-17-2019, 10:45 AM
So we visit the Baton Rouge last night in Whitby for a birthday. We get seated beside this table of 8 adults and 3 kids (6-10 years old) and not overly happy about it. I have found that people with kids generally don't give a fuck about what their kids do while out to eat. The patriarch of the family late 50's is a loud mouth who can be heard from one end of the restaurant to the other. (People were looking at him from that far away) I let it slide but he is so fucking loud it is really starting to annoy me and our group. I was and others in our group were brought up that while out you kept your voice down to be respectful of others but not this ass clown apparently. I figure things may quiet down when they get their food. Wrong!

It actually got worse. How you ask? The loud mouth (seated directly behind me) while yapping away and eating lets it rip while seated there. I don't say anything as no one else at our table heard it. He did this two more times but the third time my wife looked at me and said "Was that what I think it was?" I replied with a "Yep".
I was so going to call him out but I didn't because there were kids there and I'm sure the people there with him knew he was an asshole anyway. It is sad that that the kids were more well behaved save for some typical kid stuff which I could overlook but to have an adult sit there and shit his pants at the table is fucked.

stangstevers
08-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Sorry, I had gas that night

ZR
08-17-2019, 05:13 PM
Similar for Kath n I a few months back at the Key. Seated next to large family gathering with kids being coached by adults to run around n under the table n screech to high hell topped off by standing on the chairs n jumping up n down.

CDNfyrfytr
08-17-2019, 05:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190817/e2d01b5e92f0eb2e6839c39b9c59b60e.jpg

Candied bacon on the smoker. Only loud mouth involved was me[emoji6]

RedSN
08-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Good thing you aren’t my neighbour, I might never leave! Smoker + beer

CDNfyrfytr
08-17-2019, 07:07 PM
I’m sure I could handle that.

5.4MarkVIII
08-17-2019, 09:03 PM
I’ll be right there!

5.4MarkVIII
08-18-2019, 11:51 AM
leave

this is staff's job to fix.

not wrong but also not that simple.

the assholes who disrupt are also the most likely to kick a stink. so its a lose lose for the business. don't ask him to be quiet and risk other patron being upset and no come back. or ask asshole to be quiet and risk a stink, that now a days most likely would lead to asshole getting worse or leaving bad reviews about how he was mistreated.

ZR
08-18-2019, 12:18 PM
^ Exactly that.

RedSN
08-18-2019, 12:42 PM
Maybe we should adopt the Chinese system of ranking it’s citizens? And then bar assholes like that from public venues.

CDNfyrfytr
08-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Beef tenderloin resting in preparation for a good smoke later. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190818/bb4ac4af97a3b0d396805fcd0b240d06.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
08-18-2019, 01:02 PM
Beef tenderloin resting in preparation for a good smoke later. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190818/bb4ac4af97a3b0d396805fcd0b240d06.jpg

And here I am making hotdogs cuz my wife was away

CDNfyrfytr
08-18-2019, 02:27 PM
And here I am making hotdogs cuz my wife was away

Haha! I like hot dogs too! It’s the opposite in my house, wife makes hot dogs when I’m at work.

CDNfyrfytr
08-18-2019, 05:29 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190818/4996ddfa62bfa0fd6aa5e3503066b30b.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190818/0a71720a0459e638407576a514e19571.jpg

ZR
08-18-2019, 07:00 PM
Home run.

Screw
08-18-2019, 09:54 PM
All the carnivore likes on #17624 lol

ZR
08-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Lunch at Lonestar today........fawk it was good.

http://www.bubbalikesit.com/uploads/9/0/9/6/90967214/fajitas_2_orig.jpg

newbiestangowner
08-18-2019, 11:09 PM

Wow! Mmmm looks good.
Holy moly looks like a large serving!, was that ALL for you??

RedSN
08-18-2019, 11:15 PM
Pickering? We were there Friday night for chicken fajitas and Caesar’s. Fantastic!

Scott
08-18-2019, 11:20 PM

It does look good, what was it called in the menu Rick?

ZR
08-18-2019, 11:40 PM
Steak Fajitas, Texas size for Ross n I.
Comes with all the fixings below or you can custom order like we do. Nothing but steak on the skillet with raw sliced onions, cheese and salsa on the side. Their freshly made torts are to die for.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4209/34637750624_3b105d16d2_o.jpg

RedSN
08-19-2019, 08:37 AM
"Dos" size chicken (shared) for the missus and I. "Texas" size Caesar's tho ;)

That jalapeno relish on the left is killer good! ...and fucking hot! i don't know how anybody could use the entire dish.

stangstevers
08-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Hate to say it but I'm ready for cooler weather. Windows open, build a gazebo without sweating like a pig, firepit, hottub...

I'll be the first to complain about winter, don't worry.

Laffs
08-19-2019, 09:33 AM
I need this as a daily driver

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/83383363/1980-lockheed-f16

Laffs
08-19-2019, 10:16 AM
fully armed for dealing with idiot drivers

If your commute occurs at 20,000+ ft I doubt other motorists will give you much concern aside from the occasional jackhole Airbus driver.

RedSN
08-19-2019, 10:29 AM
Isn't your commute about the length of a runway?

You'd have to move to an airplane community (which I never realized was a thing until I saw John Travolta's house).

Laffs
08-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Isn't your commute about the length of a runway?

Yes, it would be take off, circle and land exercise. How ever long it takes to listen to Highway to the Danger Zone generally, Rock You Like a Hurricane on Fridays.

stangstevers
08-19-2019, 12:20 PM
I should have called in sick this morning... wow, talk about a shitshow.

5.4MarkVIII
08-19-2019, 08:56 PM
hate banks.
nothing but crooks in suits out to screw.
we were due for mortgage renewal. but been talking to the bank about putting an addition on the garage. lots of back and forth with work being so busy and no time for anything. also trying to find a contractor and get answers from the municipality. ended up past our renewal deadline.

got an email today saying past the deadline and the mortgage has been flipped to an open term.

we were a 5 year fixed at 2.99%. the switched it to a 6 moth open AT 7.45%

FUCKING BULLSHIT. because they knew we were looking at more. and the switched to a term with the highest posable rate.

raise holy hell and they put it back to a 5 year fixed at 2.75.
and we are now shopping for a new mortgage lender.

Screw
08-19-2019, 09:18 PM
^^damn bs

RedSN
08-19-2019, 11:21 PM
The mortgage with the highest rate is also the mortgage that is most flexible. They weren’t doing it to punish you, they did it to save you. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear because banks are evil.
...and engineers.
...and human resources.

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 12:00 AM
I'm not sure it was the bank's fault that the customer missed their contractual deadline: "with work being so busy and no time for anything. also trying to find a contractor and get answers from the municipality. ended up past our renewal deadline."

Isn't that akin to your comments about appliance customers - they don't want to own their issue and blame you for it? Does your contract stipulate that if you don't renew by the specified date that the contract will roll to open/flexible at the specified rate? Once you're out of term then the bank can no longer match the term of capital borrowed for your mortgage term (or portion of) since you're not on a term any more - that means they're borrowing at short term overnight rates to fund your mortgage until you lock in again.

IanGTCS
08-20-2019, 12:46 AM
hate banks.
nothing but crooks in suits out to screw.
were due for mortgage renewal. but been talking to the back about putting an addition on the garage. lots of back and forth with work being so busy and no time for anything. also trying to find a contractor and get answers from the municipality. ended up past our renewal deadline.

got an email today saying past eh deadline and the mortgage has been flipped to an open term.

FUCKING BULLSHIT. because they knew we were looking at more. and the switched to a term with the highest posable rate.

raise holy hell and they put it back to a 5 year fixed at 2.75.
and we are now shopping for a new mortgage lender.

Every mortgage I've had they start talking about renewal a solid 6 months ahead of time with letters, email reminders and phone calls. The consequences of not renewing in terms of rates were spelled out in the fine print no one reads. The only bullshit is that you are blaming the bank for your own fuck up, but then you seem to do a lot of blaming others. Enjoy the penalty on getting out of that 5 year fixed.

I get it, life comes up. But if my wife and I can manage to sell our old house, arrange a mortgage, get all utilities transferred etc while she was in the hospital on bed rest for 7 weeks after her water broke at 21 weeks, then have a 1300g baby 2 days before moving and not miss anything you can re up for a mortgage that can easily be planned for well in advance.

Yep, March and April were a heck of a time for my family.

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 07:36 AM
maybe true except when I'm dealing with my customers I don't triple my rate in the middle of negotiations,

we started talking with the bank 6 months ago. its not uncommon to ask them for information and wait weeks for them to get back to you,

that and I told them 3 weeks ago that we were not getting straight answers from contractors and would be fine just putting it back to what it was, a 5 year fixed. they ignored that request never sent paper work, and then bumped my rate up.

yes your all right all my fault.

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 07:40 AM
The mortgage with the highest rate is also the mortgage that is most flexible. They weren’t doing it to punish you, they did it to save you. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear because banks are evil.
...and engineers.
...and human resources.

lol yes save me by adding 200 a month in interest to my bill.

and I never said engineers are evil. I just think that they should have experience working on the things they design, and make considerations for the poor saps fixing the stuff.
(edit: just want to be clear this wasn’t a shot at you. Talking more of my experience with appliances and cars)

I don't remember the Human resources stuff?

ZR
08-20-2019, 07:58 AM
Few years back, on our last renewal, bank rep took weeks between my questions and their reply. Quick look at my paperwork n holly hell it was now 24hrs before my renewal. Jumped in the car n drove up to work it out in person. Smug mort specialist told me there was no way they'd now be able to make changes I was looking at n I was stuck with their offer. Oddly enough there was no issue once I countered, heading over to your mgr's office with my credit card to pay off balance n will be shopping it to other banks tomorrow. Under an hour, paperwork signed for less than I was originally willing to settle for. Thankfully that was our last term, no mort.

hammerhead
08-20-2019, 08:00 AM
Every mortgage I've had they start talking about renewal a solid 6 months ahead of time with letters, email reminders and phone calls. The consequences of not renewing in terms of rates were spelled out in the fine print no one reads. The only bullshit is that you are blaming the bank for your own fuck up, but then you seem to do a lot of blaming others. Enjoy the penalty on getting out of that 5 year fixed.

I get it, life comes up. But if my wife and I can manage to sell our old house, arrange a mortgage, get all utilities transferred etc while she was in the hospital on bed rest for 7 weeks after her water broke at 21 weeks, then have a 1300g baby 2 days before moving and not miss anything you can re up for a mortgage that can easily be planned for well in advance.

Yep, March and April were a heck of a time for my family.

Buddy I hope everything worked out I remember the stress from my first had complications...

hammerhead
08-20-2019, 08:03 AM
Banks are on top of things they don't want to lose customers - my last renewal they called me from head office and we did it over the phone and with emails - I will never walk into a bank a sit down with a manager again...

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 08:22 AM
I forgot to add as well. The first set of paper work he sent me (a couple weeks ago) he tried to add an existing LOC we had onto the mortgage.

First claiming it would save money due to the lower interest untill I called him on how it would be more because the term was way longer

Then he tried claiming it was policy to better secure it. Then I called him on that and strangely enough it was no longer policy when I was talking to him yesterday

But yep. I see now. Not crooked. And all my fault

RedSN
08-20-2019, 08:59 AM
...he tried to add an existing LOC we had onto the mortgage.
First claiming it would save money due to the lower interest untill I called him on how it would be more because the term was way longer
Then he tried claiming it was policy to better secure it.
A secured line of credit using the equity in your house IS way cheaper. Has nothing to do with the term of the mortgage.

I feel bad for your banker. He is suggesting all the right things and genuinely trying to help you, but you keep yelling at him.

hammerhead
08-20-2019, 09:06 AM
A secured line of credit using the equity in your house IS way cheaper. Has nothing to do with the term of the mortgage.

I feel bad for your banker. He is suggesting all the right things and genuinely trying to help you, but you keep yelling at him.

That's the route I'm taking next renewal - not the yelling part...lol actually working with the bank now but don't need to renew for three years...

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 09:20 AM

I don’t remember yelling

But don’t see how it’s cheaper. They did a house line with another loc we had last time I renewed. I was making two payments pre last renewal one on the loc and one on the mortgage. They convinced me it would be cheaper to do a secure house line on the mortgage put it as one payment two different interest rates mortgage was 2.9
Secured house line was 1 percent cheaper than it was as an unsecured line

One payment

After the 5 year term not a single payment had gone towards the mortgage portion all towards interest and the house line
So my mortgage didn’t get payed off at all no saving there and I would have to call every 6 months and ask them to increase the payment. Which kept reverting to the base payment after only a couple months.

I don’t understand how doing the same thing but adding more to the house Line would save me money?

What am I missing?

My parents had a similar thing with an addition nearing the end of a renewal his bank said “ this isn’t gonna be sorted before your renewal rate. We will flip to a variable rate open it’s about 1% more then current but will allow us to get you switched over when the time comes

My bank said none of that that the Switched me to the highest possible rate they could

RedSN
08-20-2019, 09:46 AM
....interest rates mortgage was 2.9
Secured house line was 1 percent cheaper than it was as an unsecured line

After the 5 year term not a single payment had gone towards the mortgage portion all towards interest and the house line

I assume the secured line of credit rate was still higher than 2.9, although you didn't state it.
So your "one" monthly payment was going to pay down the higher rate debt. What am I missing?

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Previously our mortgage was about 550 a month (yep cheep house) at 2.95%

We also had a loc of 20k that we had used for Reno’s was paying around 400 per month at 7% ish

They told us last renewal that putting the loc as a secured line on the house would make it all one payment and would save us money

So the mortgage portion was put in at 2.99 (rate at the time)
New home line was around 6%

New one payment for both was 660 ish per month

I kept asking them to raise it but never happened or would happen for a month or two and then end up back at the base payment of 660 ( same thing would always happen with our other loc)

After the 5 year term
No principle Ended up being paid off on the mortgage portion
Just the interest and then principal was paid off the loc
But in the end less from both than what would have been paid off if it was left the way it was.

Didn’t save me any money so how would adding another 50k to the home line be better?

this is what I asked my banker and he did t have an answer. Just said fine we don’t have to add the other loc

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 10:12 AM
I should add it’s a vicious trap
Becasie last year we ended up having to put a roof on the house. So using the home line (that’s what it’s for) basically set us back to exactly where we were 5 years ago

If we had of left it the same the loc would have still gotten the roof cost but at least the mortgage would have had some principal payed off

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 10:20 AM
I’m no expert. Don’t claim to be I just don’t feel like my bank had MY best Interest in mind.

Laffs
08-20-2019, 10:42 AM
As a former banker, this thread makes glad I get to say the word former in that sentence.

stangstevers
08-20-2019, 10:42 AM
When it comes to money NO ONE has your best interest in mind...

I am so tired, slept for 4 hours last night. Lol

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 10:47 AM
When it comes to money NO ONE has your best interest in mind...

I am so tired, slept for 4 hours last night. Lol

True I guess it bugs me so much because there seems to be no end to people hating and vilifying business owners.

But you complain about the bank almost tripling your interest despite being in the middle of renegotiating and everyone’s like “suck it up” lol

If I ran my business the way my bank has delt with me for the last 10 years I’d have no customers left

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Lol and here is a new twist to the tail.

Just talking with a buddy. He told me a story.his dad passed away. Everything with the bank was suppose to be switched for his mom.
His mom didn’t use email. Turns out the bank was sending emails to his dads old email address never called his mom. Never sent her a letter. Her mortgage renewed and they did the same thing
Bumped her to a 6 month open at more than twice the interest. Never called her

They didn’t notice till she turned to him for help because she couldn’t figure out where her money was going it had been like that for almost 4 years and no one drone the bank did anything even when she called them herself to figure out what was up.

Same bank.....

Laffs
08-20-2019, 11:12 AM
True I guess it bugs me so much because there seems to be no end to people hating and vilifying business owners.

But you complain about the bank almost tripling your interest despite being in the middle of renegotiating and everyone’s like “suck it up” lol

If I ran my business the way my bank has delt with me for the last 10 years I’d have no customers left

Literally no on here has ever vilified small business owners as far as I know. Sure you have some shit customers, nature of the game everyone wants something for nothing.

It's not that anyone said "suck it up" so much as perhaps there were errors and mis-steps committed by both parties that lead to the outcome that occurred.

The bank did not go out of their way to "fuck you" they put you in a completely open product because they didn't have a firm signed off on commitment from you about what to do with your mortgage by the deadline. So they put you in a product that wouldn't lock you in to a term or rate without your consent the consequence of which is that a fully open term is subject to the highest available rate because the bank has to product everyone's money not just their interests. The reason they put you at that high a rate is because that open mortgage could be paid off at any time. They need to secure as much interest on it at that time because the bank depends on that lending in order to secure and pay out others deposit interest. So if everyone was at a super low open rate and paid it off all at once they wouldn't be able to pay interest on GIC's and savings and the system would be broken. God this brings up so many memories of getting belittled and berated by folks about about how much lower their lending rates should be only to have them start the yelling a few weeks later about how their fixed investments weren't paying enough.

It sounds like they presented you with some options like an LOC based on conversations about renovations and other items, which we're either not fully explained properly or misunderstood. IMO it sounds like they were trying to find a way to meet you needs but you didn't agree with their tactics or your pre-conceived notions impacted the negotiation. Either way it seems like they did everything they possibly could short of strong arm demanding you come in and hammer out a deal before the deadline.

If this bank has truly mistreated you in the past, start shopping now while the mortgage is open. Many many many FI's are happy to pay switching costs to get big ticket lending and perhaps you'll find a better level of service elsewhere.

Laffs
08-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Lol and here is a new twist to the tail.

Just talking with a buddy. He told me a story.his dad passed away. Everything with the bank was suppose to be switched for his mom.
His mom didn’t use email. Turns out the bank was sending emails to his dads old email address never called his mom. Never sent her a letter. Her mortgage renewed and they did the same thing
Bumped her to a 6 month open at more than twice the interest. Never called her

They didn’t notice till she turned to him for help because she couldn’t figure out where her money was going it had been like that for almost 4 years and no one drone the bank did anything even when she called them herself to figure out what was up.

Same bank.....

Honestly not trying to pick on you here but here's the counterpoint from someone who lived it.

Customer comes in, complains about statement fees or level of paperwork they are receiving by mail. Is informed that in order to avoid statement fee cost/be more paper free they can opt in to receive all statements by email. Customer agrees and leaves everyone is happy.

Customer passes away unfortunately. As is common with with some older family dynamics the husband was the bread winner/money person of the household and the wife has next to no knowledge of finance. Death documents are provided to bank and account is switched in to the name of that party or simply joint account info removed. At that time the customer asked if their information the same as previous and they say yes. Generally its not the same person who put them on e-statements or they forgot because the bank staff see's dozens of clients each day and doesn't recall each individual transaction so it's not noted or discussed.

Months go by and since the old email is still active and never shut down the bank never get's a bounce back or notice that the email didn't go through. Perhaps they try to call but the customer had not updated their phone number in years and was incorrect. Perhaps the elderly person didn't answer a phone call from the bank because of fear of scams. Perhaps the bank is too overwhelmed with renewals to call every no response email because it's a goddamn rate war blood bath.

Either way it's not the bank trying to fuck the customer. No response = converts to open until we get confirmation of customer wishes. The way it is. It's not trying to fuck someone in to interest oblivion it's giving them time. All I can say is that 85% of frontline bank staff want to help other people, 10% are indifferent and 5% are just useless. A bank branch deals with 1000's of customer accounts, with a staff of 20-30 people. There is an onus on people to know their renewal dates, know where their statements are going, and keep their contact information up to date. Beyond that I don't know it's like any other consumer product knowledge is power.

Who's going to get a better consumer grade electronic from your store? The customer who does research before hand, knows the model specifics and what features they need and don't need along with brand history? OR the customer who comes in and says ""idc give me a washing machine" ?

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 11:29 AM
Was a generalized statement regarding business owners. Hear it all the time never said it was all here.

As I stated. I told them what I wanted they put the other loc in without my consent I asked them to remove it I never got any papers sent back to sign just an email notifying me when it switched to open

I understand why, I think it was poor customer service since I was waiting on paper work from them. When they switched it.

Most likely it was automatic but the guy at the bank I was dealing with should have known and should have known I was waiting on him.

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 11:47 AM
All that dosnt excuse not making an effort to contact

Don’t get me wrong I get what your saying I work it everyday BUT

If a customer orders something and I don’t call them to tell them it’s on back order then switch the order without asking and charge an extra couple hundred to their visa to cover it. that’s one me. Regardless of how busy I am.
What do you honestly thing the reaction would by from that customer?

Better analogy. If a customer calls for service two weeks before warranty and I’m busy and don’t get there till after warranty. It’s dose not matter that that warranty is over. It does not matter how busy I am. It does not matter that policy is warranty ends on they date period.

Good customer service is going out of my way to get the customer looked after in a way that is best for them not wait till after warranty and then charge them more because they should know when their warranty ends and took care of it sooner

That’s what I would expect from my bank as well.

It’s blunt but I don’t care how busy they are. I don’t care how cut throat rates are

That’s the way customers are for everything.

It’s the banks problem to deal with and good customer service would have been a phone call to say “hey your Renewal it coming” to which I would have replied. Yes I’m waiting for you to send me the paperwork to sign

And I will note I’m complaining on here but have not named the bank or banker and one not running to the internet and leaving bad reviews every where I can

And if you can explain the home line e thing that Don was talking about better I’d appreciate it. Cuz I am no expert and just going off the experience I have had

Laffs
08-20-2019, 12:05 PM
All that dosnt excuse not making an effort to contact

Email is communication, it's like the most currently prevalent form of it. Problem is it sounds like they communicated, put the ball in your court, then were told to find a completely different ball and resend it. Deadline happened between those terms and they did the best option given that

Don’t get me wrong I get what your saying I work it everyday BUT

If a customer orders something and I don’t call them to tell them it’s on back order then switch the order without asking and charge an extra couple hundred to their visa to cover it. that’s one me. Regardless of how busy I am.
What do you honestly thing the reaction would by from that customer?

If you had a customer come in and describe a part they need, you order it and give it to the customer. They come back and say no that's not what I wanted order a different one. You oblige but the customer complains about you taking weeks to order a part even though you initially believed you both had the correct part coming who is to blame?

Better analogy. If a customer calls for service two weeks before warranty and I’m busy and don’t get there till after warranty. It’s dose not matter that that warranty is over. It does not matter how busy I am. It does not matter that policy is warranty ends on they date period.

In this case you have it backwards. The customer ordered warranty work two weeks before the policy expires. However when you tell them the options they say they are unable to allow you to make repairs until the day before the warranty expires. When you arrive the customer tells you they're too busy and come back later. You go to make the repairs after the warranty is expired and get changed $500 in parts from the manufacturer plus your labour. You tell the customer since they caused the delay you're willing to eat the labour and most of the parts cost. They say no it's entirely on you since they "started" the process prior to warranty expiry. Who is in the wrong?

Good customer service is going out of my way to get the customer looked after in a way that is best for them not wait till after warranty and then charge them more because they should know when their warranty ends and took care of it sooner

That’s what I would expect from my bank as well.

It’s blunt but I don’t care how busy they are. I don’t care how cut throat rates are

That’s the way customers are for everything.

It’s the banks problem to deal with and good customer service would have been a phone call to say “hey your Renewal it coming” to which I would have replied. Yes I’m waiting for you to send me the paperwork to sign

Again, with 1000's of customers all with varying needs/wants/desires it's impossible to do what you are suggesting for everyone and still be able to offer products and services.

And if you can explain the home line e thing that Don was talking about better I’d appreciate it. Cuz I am no expert and just going off the experience I have had

Sounds like your banker heard your desires to complete renovations from the mortgage funds and perhaps had knowledge of other lending/finance needs. Instead of
just increasing your mortgage principal by the desired balance and adjusting payment schedule to match, they were trying to keep your current mortgage balance the same and also add a home equity line of credit. So basically residual equity (home value minus current mortgage) would be available to you as a line of credit that would be at far less than any other lending product as it is secured by the home. It's also variable payment meaning you only "have" to pay down interest monthly plus fluctuate balance by certain % over a longer term. Meaning you can pay it all off in one shot if you can, or if things are tight make interest only for a bit.

That's what it sounds like anyway.

stangstevers
08-20-2019, 12:10 PM
I think I survived an IT nightmare, now I'm dead tired and in need of either alcohol to sleep or something to perk me up...

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 12:19 PM
Honestly not trying to pick on you here but here's the counterpoint from someone who lived it.

Customer comes in, complains about statement fees or level of paperwork they are receiving by mail. Is informed that in order to avoid statement fee cost/be more paper free they can opt in to receive all statements by email. Customer agrees and leaves everyone is happy.

Customer passes away unfortunately. As is common with with some older family dynamics the husband was the bread winner/money person of the household and the wife has next to no knowledge of finance. Death documents are provided to bank and account is switched in to the name of that party or simply joint account info removed. At that time the customer asked if their information the same as previous and they say yes. Generally its not the same person who put them on e-statements or they forgot because the bank staff see's dozens of clients each day and doesn't recall each individual transaction so it's not noted or discussed.

Months go by and since the old email is still active and never shut down the bank never get's a bounce back or notice that the email didn't go through. Perhaps they try to call but the customer had not updated their phone number in years and was incorrect. Perhaps the elderly person didn't answer a phone call from the bank because of fear of scams. Perhaps the bank is too overwhelmed with renewals to call every no response email because it's a goddamn rate war blood bath.

Either way it's not the bank trying to fuck the customer. No response = converts to open until we get confirmation of customer wishes. The way it is. It's not trying to fuck someone in to interest oblivion it's giving them time. All I can say is that 85% of frontline bank staff want to help other people, 10% are indifferent and 5% are just useless. A bank branch deals with 1000's of customer accounts, with a staff of 20-30 people. There is an onus on people to know their renewal dates, know where their statements are going, and keep their contact information up to date. Beyond that I don't know it's like any other consumer product knowledge is power.

Who's going to get a better consumer grade electronic from your store? The customer who does research before hand, knows the model specifics and what features they need and don't need along with brand history? OR the customer who comes in and says ""idc give me a washing machine" ?

This is a big issue I've read on financial planning for some time now - one spouse does all the money management, email/password and communication management with financial services providers (not just banks-mortgages but also insurance, investments, etc, then that person passes away and their spouse has no clue because was not included and there is no central documentation in a safe/safety deposit box, or Will that includes all this information and the financial providers don't have the information about an alternate contact since the surviving spouse was likely not included in interactions with the provider.

hammerhead
08-20-2019, 12:26 PM
This is a big issue I've read on financial planning for some time now - one spouse does all the money management, email/password and communication management with financial services providers (not just banks-mortgages but also insurance, investments, etc, then that person passes away and their spouse has no clue because was not included and there is no central documentation in a safe/safety deposit box, or Will that includes all this information and the financial providers don't have the information about an alternate contact since the surviving spouse was likely not included in interactions with the provider.

That's a really good point the high commander is always after me because I do it all and she says the same thing "what happens if you die. I don't even know the pass words" bla bla bla I'm sure everyone knows the story - but it did make me think after the accident...? But you got to understand one thing the questions go on and on and on and on...lol so doing it over the phone is awesome in so many ways..hahaha

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 12:26 PM
Email is communication, it's like the most currently prevalent form of it. Problem is it sounds like they communicated, put the ball in your court, then were told to find a completely different ball and resend it. Deadline happened between those terms and they did the best option given that

If you had a customer come in and describe a part they need, you order it and give it to the customer. They come back and say no that's not what I wanted order a different one. You oblige but the customer complains about you taking weeks to order a part even though you initially believed you both had the correct part coming who is to blame?

In this case you have it backwards. The customer ordered warranty work two weeks before the policy expires. However when you tell them the options they say they are unable to allow you to make repairs until the day before the warranty expires. When you arrive the customer tells you they're too busy and come back later. You go to make the repairs after the warranty is expired and get changed $500 in parts from the manufacturer plus your labour. You tell the customer since they caused the delay you're willing to eat the labour and most of the parts cost. They say no it's entirely on you since they "started" the process prior to warrenty.

I think maybe I’m miss construing or not explaining

A month ago ish we said I’m not sure it’s gonna come together before the deadline.

Just put us back to what we were and we will figure out from there (being the 5 year fixed just like we came out off)
He said sure and if you decide to do the Reno we can add on the home line after. I said perfect.

When my wife went to pick up the paper work to sign he had added the current loc to the home line.

She went back and said sorry no we want to just leave the 50 as it is and just do the mortgage as it was. He said okay he would re do the paper work and send it over for signing

I never heard anything back. Never got paper work never got a reminder

It wasn’t that we asked for something different. I was very clear about what I wanted he wrote up something different and then never sent the paper work to be signed.

That’s why I was upset (that and the 7.45% when they have other open rates far lower)

But ultimately if he did what i asked this would have been resolved weeks ago.

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 12:27 PM
I assume the secured line of credit rate was still higher than 2.9, although you didn't state it.
So your "one" monthly payment was going to pay down the higher rate debt. What am I missing?

Yeah I'm confused as well - not sure how 5 years of payments would result in no principal paydown at the noted rates.

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 12:30 PM
Sounds like your banker heard your desires to complete renovations from the mortgage funds and perhaps had knowledge of other lending/finance needs. Instead of
just increasing your mortgage principal by the desired balance and adjusting payment schedule to match, they were trying to keep your current mortgage balance the same and also add a home equity line of credit. So basically residual equity (home value minus current mortgage) would be available to you as a line of credit that would be at far less than any other lending product as it is secured by the home. It's also variable payment meaning you only "have" to pay down interest monthly plus fluctuate balance by certain % over a longer term. Meaning you can pay it all off in one shot if you can, or if things are tight make interest only for a bit.

That's what it sounds like anyway.

Okay that makes sense

Would there be a reason why they keep reverting my payment back though?

So I call and say I want you to up my payments to x# and after a couple months it goes back to the base payment or interest only?

Happens on my regular LOC as well

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I'm confused as well - not sure how 5 years of payments would result in no principle paydown at the noted rates.

So is it a issue with how it was set up? Possibly the payment calculated wrong?

Laffs
08-20-2019, 12:40 PM
Okay that makes sense

So I call and say I want you to up my payments to x# and after a couple months it goes back to the base payment or interest only?

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on your mortgage agreement repayment options perhaps you're only allowed to double regular scheduled payments or increase by a percentage periodically. Every bank handles prepayment options differently.

Secondly is your current mortgage an LOC or some form of variable product? How are you making interest only mortgage payments? It's literally impossible for you to be on a fixed rate term, with no addition to principal balance, making payments for 5 years and have 0 deduction to principal balance. Something doesn't make sense.

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 12:43 PM
That's a really good point the high commander is always after me because I do it all and she says the same thing "what happens if you die. I don't even know the pass words" bla bla bla I'm sure everyone knows the story - but it did make me think after the accident...? But you got to understand one thing the questions go on and on and on and on...lol so doing it over the phone is awesome in so many ways..hahaha

Since I'm the one who typically manages all things financial in the house (it's usually one person in most households and the other person has less involvement), I have a password protected spreadsheet that has all retirement, life/home/car insurance, TFSA, margin accounts, bank/emergency accounts, account numbers, and net worth statements so my wife also knows where/what everything is if I get hit by the proverbial truck one day (hopefully not driven by her) and she needs to contact all the providers to get balances and survivor/beneficiary changes.

If you speak to planners/bankers it's quite common for surviving spouses to not have a clue about all the accounts at various FIs (across all the different types of products) and with e-statements (if opted in) now it's even more complicated as these spouses may not know websites, login IDs, and passwords so some financial assets may get frozen or go unclaimed.

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 12:46 PM
Okay that makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see the payment being calculated incorrectly - it would be based on the setup. I'm not sure what product(s) from what you've posted what products (and rates) you actually have, how they're structured, and what the rules/limits of those products are. As Laffs said, not sure how you can be in a five year term at a fix rate and not pay down any principal (unless you only have a LOC and have been paying interest only at $550 month)? Is that your whole/only payment? A $200K mortgage at 3% with P&I payments would be over $1000 month with a typical 25/30 year amortization I think.

5.4MarkVIII
08-20-2019, 12:52 PM
Depending on your mortgage agreement repayment options perhaps you're only allowed to double regular scheduled payments or increase by a percentage periodically. Every bank handles prepayment options differently.

Secondly is your current mortgage an LOC or some form of variable product? How are you making interest only mortgage payments? It's literally impossible for you to be on a fixed rate term, with no addition to principal balance, making payments for 5 years and have 0 deduction to principal balance. Something doesn't make sense.

They way I understood it was the mortgage of 117000 at 2.9%
And then on top of that the home line of 25000 at (I think it was around 6%)
(House Appraised at 270000)

The way I thought it would work is we make the payment they set (300 something bi weekly)

And that payment would be split between both interests and both principals.

What happened instead is it was split between both interests but only the principal of the home line

So yes at first it made sense to pay as much to the higher interest loan but it was doing it at the expense of then mortgage principal. Which although is a lower interest is ammoratzed over 25 years

Dosnt seem like a win to me unless I’m figuring wrong

hammerhead
08-20-2019, 12:58 PM
They way I understood it was the mortgage of 117000 at 2.9%
And then on top of that the home line of 25000 at (I think it was around 6%)
(House Appraised at 270000)

The way I thought it would work is we make the payment they set (300 something bi weekly)

And that payment would be split between both interests and both principals.

What happened instead is it was split between both interests but only the principal of the home line

So yes at first it made sense to pay as much to the higher interest loan but it was doing it at the expense of then mortgage principal. Which although is a lower interest is ammoratzed over 25 years

Dosnt seem like a win to me unless I’m figuring wrong

Hymmm it almost sounds like your home line is being treated like a second mortgage which wound extend your amortization on the original amount making them more money over the long term - principals generally don't start to fall noticeably until many years of passed - may want try and get the home line down to zero then put a dent in the original mortgage - seems low enough you could get that taken care of in a Curry

hammerhead
08-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Hurry∆∆∆∆ lol

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Hymmm it almost sounds like your home line is being treated like a second mortgage which wound extend your amortization on the original amount making them more money over the long term - principals generally don't start to fall noticeably until many years of passed - may want try and get the home line down to zero then put a dent in the original mortgage - seems low enough you could get that taken care of in a Curry

No curry....

hammerhead
08-20-2019, 01:01 PM
I know eh French and blonde roots

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Between those 2 credit lines it sounds like your monthly interest payments would be around $400 month so $600 month (plus the 2 extra payments) would not see much going to principal paydown.

I assume your $25K LOC is unsecured at that rate? Secured would be about Prime + 0.5%.

newbiestangowner
08-20-2019, 01:05 PM
No curry....

Why u no like curry?
Give me some and a nice cold brew

92redragtop
08-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Why u no like curry?
Give me some and a nice cold brew

LOL! I was just thinking before you posted that you should chime in to give some advice on the credit lines ;-)

newbiestangowner
08-20-2019, 01:08 PM
LOL! I was just thinking before you posted that you should chime in to give some advice on the credit lines ;-)

First things first lol
No unsecured LOC for me

I’m just watching you financial gurus discuss LOC

RedSN
08-20-2019, 01:14 PM
I'm hungry for curry chicken and chips now.
....and a triple IPA just because it's been that kind of day.

newbiestangowner
08-20-2019, 01:17 PM
We could complicate things further by accessing whether to take some amount of secured Loc and locking into 1yr gIC ( just an example) not sure current highest %rate of return currently available.vs current rate of interest.

Forget it - I know how to spend not how to save- that’s High Commander’s job lol