One thing I love about the car hobby is it's actually different for everyone. It provides such a range of ways to enjoy cars. My fellow car nuts here enjoy mustangs but even within this group the way we enjoy is different for every member.

One thing I have realized is that it's good to know what you want from your car hobby so that you build your cars the way YOU want to enjoy them. Oddly I think many of us don't actually do this as well as we could yet others know exactly what they want and stay on track, pardon the pun.

For me, I want a compromise car. I want it to look good, sound good, have enough power to keep a smile on my face and above all I want to drive it plenty so it needs to be comfy and reliable. I also want to wrench on it but only when I feel like it.

To achieve these things it's probably more important to know what my car won't be. It won't be 700+hp or an all out corner carver nor will it be so pretty that I can't drive it for fear of a rain drop or a stone chip. There's nothing wrong with any of these things but it doesn't fit what I want from my car and that's kind of the point.

Looking at my car objectively I think I'm pretty close to my plan but I would have done better if I had always kept it in mind. My suspension and wheel setup up is a little too harsh, my engine is a little too anemic and I've DD'd it a little too much so it's starting to show a little more wear and tear than I'd like.

What are your thoughts TMC

Is your car a show piece, a strip beast, a corner carver or a cool DD? Did you have a plan in mind? Are you sticking too it?

What's your story?

Because Mustang