Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  22

Thread: This Rip-Off Red Mustang Is Classic Car Flipper Butchery Of The Highest Order!

This Rip-Off Red Mustang Is Classic Car Flipper Butchery Of The Highest Order!

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

@Old Fart.....seen too many of these frankenstine Mustangs

I'm shocked... a mustang 2 front suspension that mounts the motor too high.........

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Sadly, number of fresh purchases we have had in over the years then had to make "the call" continues to grow. In each and every case, stars in the purchasers eyes combined with not taking a pro with them or brining it to a pro before purchase has meant being upside down by tens of thousands of dollars. We see an appreciable number of New Edge Mustangs in that have been hit hard, very hard and BS repaired. Conversation involving a newly purchased said to be mint all original low mileage cherry that is in fact a clapped out mega miles been smashed hard on two or more corners is not pleasant for anyone involved.
    Way more common vs what many realize.
    Before purchasing, take a friend that actually knows, pay a pro to accompany you or take it to someone that knows BEFORE YOU LAY ANY MONEY DOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Sadly, number of fresh purchases we have had in over the years then had to make "the call" continues to grow. In each and every case, stars in the purchasers eyes combined with not taking a pro with them or brining it to a pro before purchase has meant being upside down by tens of thousands of dollars. We see an appreciable number of New Edge Mustangs in that have been hit hard, very hard and BS repaired. Conversation involving a newly purchased said to be mint all original low mileage cherry that is in fact a clapped out mega miles been smashed hard on two or more corners is not pleasant for anyone involved.
    Way more common vs what many realize.
    Before purchasing, take a friend that actually knows, pay a pro to accompany you or take it to someone that knows BEFORE YOU LAY ANY MONEY DOWN.
    If one of those New Edges was a red convertible with a Cobra front end boyyyyyyyyy do I have a story for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    If one of those New Edges was a red convertible with a Cobra front end boyyyyyyyyy do I have a story for you.
    Tell it anyway

Was the first New Edge I ever drove actually back in the early 2000s (would have been 06 or so I think). Buddies dad owns a shop locally, had recently sold his Vette was mulling about getting another toy or not. Someone he knew had a cherry 99 GT convertible. Around 10k kms, owned since new and maintained by his dad and the shop so he knew the full story on it. Only issue is the owner recently tried to do the long form math on what 12 beers x mustang + tree equals. So for some reason he decided to beat the Youtube trend and rebuild the wreck. Cut the front clip off at the firewall, welded on a clip from a yellow V6 that was smacked in the rear. Entire job was done on a 2 post lift...was told the clip just "dropped in" not a frame machine in sight.

One day I'm hanging with my buddy and his dad tells him to come to the shop, tells him to go down the road to the body shop and pick up "the F250 from the paint shop" despite the F250 being out in the parking lot...took us a few minutes to understand that one. They did a full 03/04 Cobra skin up front, all OE parts, plus as set of Cobra R's. Car looks pretty good all things considered, you had to really get up under it to see the welds and remnants of yellow but the first time I got to take it out and plant my foot, boy was it under whelming. Something always felt a little off about it, it apparently aligned straight enough but it always felt to me like the front and back weren't connected, could have been placebo because I know but yeah.

When they sold it the full history was disclosed to the new owners, but it disappeared locally after a few years so who knows if the next sale was as transparent. Car couldn't have had more than 30-40k kms so in todays market wouldn't shock me to see it up with a heavy 5 figure price tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Thanks for sharing Laffs. Crazy story!

Follow-up video

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!